Official 2011-2012 Playoff thread

Should have stuck with playing the ownership roll isn't really working for him hey? haha
I've got a theory that he's using the Bobcats as a way to evade his personal income tax and to wash off some dirty money..there is simply no way that someone who is that good a player can be that bad a general manager..Isiah Thomas cough cough..maybe not.

Yup, just giving my opinion too, no offense meant or taken either way. Put it this way Luke. You didn't start following the Cavs before LeBron arrived, and he was the reason you started supporting them. I didn't start following the Heat until LeBron arrived, and he was the reason I started supporting them. You're certainly allowed to follow the Cavs, and more power to ya...but I don't know if you could look a person in the eye and without giggling say that you would rather watch a Cavaliers-Bobcats matchup on tv instead of a OKC-Miami if they were both on at the same time. :) True?

When I started following the NBA the first game I watched was a Cavs win so I decided to support them! And yer the game I watched LeBron did play amazing.

I'd watch the Cavs V Bobcats game live and record the Heat V OKC match ;)

OKC SHIRT.jpg

I would have given this innocent face... Wouldn't you?;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only bandwagon fans that annoy me are the ones that didn't even follow basketball until 'their home team' became a contender! Like in Miami

Otherwise, I have no problems with people jumpin wagons 5 times a year! Who cares?

All I know is that as an absolute die hard fan of my team, when you have to wait longer and longer for a title, it makes it so much sweeter at the end!

Now that the dust has settled and im almost over the spurs losing... I sort of take my hat off to lebro, he left to win a title. The way he went about it was not great "the decision", but at the end of the day guys leave footy teams all the time to chase success. He is probably the most famous playing identity on the planet at the minute so good on him. They played harder in the finals, i still the think the officiating was not the best but the way lebron attacked the rim really showed he had gone to the next level, he is still far from clutch but winners are winners!!

Well, finally got through 20 or so pages and can finally comment! :lol:

Pretty disappointed (obviously) and the reffing was pretty dodgy throughout the series, but still happy for Lebron for finally getting the monkey off his back. Congrats to him and the rest of the Heat!

As much as I love the beard, he really was a non-factor in the series. After hitting some MASSIVE shots in the Spurs series, the momentum just didn't carry through. It's no secret he goes looking for the foul a lot, but sometimes I think he just needs to "play" and stop doing that.

OKC been getting better every year, let's hope next year is their year and we take it all next time! :D

Just saw this on Twitter:

I think it says a lot really.

When you get stuff all from your two "stoppers" you're going to cop a pasting.

Not saying they did great, but never really been one that bought into the whole +/- concept.

There is no 'cap' as such! It just means you start paying luxury tax when you get over that amount

It's not as simple as that lol....... only time you can go into the luxury tax/over the cap is with the use of exceptions. Such as the Larry Bird Exception, Mid-Level exception etc.... can't just go signing players willy nilly.

Well done Lebron and legitimate heat fans. But to all those who supported the Cavs and then jumped ship to Miami when he left (yeah there is a lot of you guys isn't there) I don't think you have much to cheer for.

Once a Bandwagon always a Bandwagon. I support the colours and the team as much as any individual.

Ok, been reading a lot of this crap and happy I finally get to comment on it.

People like you really annoy me........ you think you're so high and mighty because you are a "team follower". Players followers and bandwagoners are NOT the same. Bandwagoners jump on a team cause they are winning, simple as that.

I'm a player follower and I currently support the Nets (because of DWill) and the Thunder (primarily because of WB); however my love for the Thunder runs a bit deeper than that as I have always enjoyed watching them play even before I started following WB. I love the whole team and really enjoy watching guys like WB, Ibaka, Harden and Durant play; love what the rest of the team gives as well.

Now, if the whole Thunder team got traded for the whole Lakers team would I still support the Thunder!? HELL NO!! I'd instantly become a Lakers fan and despise the Thunder (because I hate the current Laker team, not the organization). Team followers on the other hand would stick with their team and I respect that.

Sick of these so called "team followers" looking down their nose at player followers; hell, unless you have some kind of allegiance to the team such as living in the state then you probably started following them because of a certain player.. Bulls fan!? Probably because of Jordan, Cavs fan... probably because of Lebron...... if you still support that team, fair enough, I respect that...... but if I wanted to be an ass I could say that's a little weird, as the player that attracted you to them has left and it could be filled with players you don't even like!? But I get the team following aspect and respect it, but a lot of you team followers don't show player followers the same respect.

Player followers should be able to support a team no-matter who they follow... Lebron, DWill, WB, hell, even Terrel f*cking Harris!!

So get off your high horse an show some respect!!

Back
Top Bottom