Official 2011-2012 Playoff thread

Especially when you compare him to a guy like Michael Vick who is a hero again:confused:

Back on topic - in my novice opinion i see the Heat winning. The Thunder dont seem to play defence well which i think will result in Wade get more open. Also from watching the Thunder this season i think they turn it over to much which will go in Miami's favour. Heat in 6 or maybe 7.

Dont really care who wins but I hope its good to watch.

As Adam has stated, our defense is what won us that Spurs series. Also, yes we were last in the league during the season with TO's, but you will note during the playoffs I believe we have been one of the best; with a mark that would have placed us 3rd best during the season. ;)

The two of them, Lebron and Tiger, are parallels of each other in their own sport. Both were at the peak of their popularity and skills (arguably Lebron hasn't even peaked at that respect :) ) when both of them made a couple of ill adviced decisions and both are being potrayed as villains as a result of it, without any of it to do with anything on court or on the golf course.
What exactly does Tiger's personal life got anything to do with any of us? What does that got to do with the game of golf? Why focus on this negative part of his life? It's so easy to tear someone down when he's on the downward spiral and has made the wrong decision, it's so easy to just point from our moral high horse and detest them isn't it.
We all are familiar with what Lebron's done with his infamous "decision", poorly structured public comments, etc. It seemed like a good idea at the time, to give the proceeds of the "decision" to charity for that segment of airtime, at least, in Lebron's mind it was. He's not a politician, he's got an awful PR manager working for him and giving him the wrong advice, and he's not the most eloquent speaker as an ambassador for basketball. Charles said it best, "
I'm not a role model... Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids."

What he is, is an extraordinary athlete, and may possibly be one of the best there ever will be when all is said and done. Don't hate on him just because of a public relations stint gone wrong. It's petty and I think life is bigger than that. Ask yourself, what is the worst thing that this man's ever done? And in retrospective, it really ain't that big a deal.

Could not have said it any better, and neither could Sir Charles, and I was a kid when this quote originally came out, and I always thought that whatever Barkley did was gold anyway, so I agreed then, and now as a father I agree even more now.
Whilst I was a Lebron hater while he was beating up on my Pacers (in my defence Lebron has played far better in the Boston series than he did against the Pacers, with a couple of totally amazing games in this recent series) I have to admit that he is arguably the best player in the NBA and is easily one of the most entertaining players to watch in action. But that doesn't stop me from hoping that my 2nd favourite team in NBA, that being OKC, gives Heat a Finals defeat to the tune of 4-3. I only lean towards 4-3 as a hope of a maximum number of games and therefore the shortest possible off-season as well.

Matchups point of view:

Lebron vs Durant. Superstar vs superstar, this is going to be the matchup everyone's going to watch for. I'm looking at Durant to shoot a lot from the outside and if his touch is going, the Heat are in trouble.
Wade vs Harden. Wade has had slow starts to a few of these playoff games, is it the Celtics defense? What can OKC coach Brooks learn from the game film and can he apply it in their defensive schemes? Harden has been on a roll and I expect it to continue throughout this series.
Bosh vs Ibaka. Bosh needs to have the shooting touch to draw Ibaka out of the paint, giving Wade and James more room to operate and attack. He will be a vital key for Miami victory.
Udonis vs Perkins. Both have to patrol the paint and REBOUND. Udonis will do well to make 2 or 3 jumpshots a game to lure Kendrick away from the basket.
Chalmers vs Westbrook. Biggest exploitation for OKC would be Westbrook. The Heat do not have anyone that is going to be able to guard him without switching around and when they do, no shot blockers. Look for Battier to be playing Westbrook a lot in this series.

Good call on all 5 matchups, I think whoever can win the Lebron/Durant matchup will go a long way to deciding the winner, but one player that you didnt mention is Sefalosha who will be on Wade alot during this series. I'm not sure if Battier will see alot of Westbrook, I think Westbrook will be way too quick for Battier and anyone else for that matter, just like Rondo was, and he will be able to get his shot whenever he wants to, so if he shoots a good %, OKC is in drivers seat.
Cant wait for Game 1...less than 8 hours to go. Better get some sleep in there somewhere.

Just set my iq box to record before during and after the alloyed times for the game today!! Knowing my luck if I didn't it would run over and I'd miss the end!! Should be a great series. Bosh is the key.
Haha i always record the 3 programs after the game too, i didn't once before and game went O/T.
I raged then cried a little :lol:

Westbrook playing for finals MVP... At this rate Miami will give it to him. I saw at least one play where kd was 3metres open

That was sweeeeeeet!
KD with the block then the transition and1!!!

Pretty scary though when MIA are in front like this and LBJ hasn't really contributed much yet!
Are you watching the game? Are Bron's shots contested or is he just off?
Same with Westbrook?

Are you watching the game? Are Bron's shots contested or is he just off?
Same with Westbrook?

Heavily contested! The last miss was a tipped block from Ibaka's help defense!

Although, James sat and argued with the refs instead of pushing back and OKC hit an easy transition 2! Exactly what Rondo was talking about!

Heavily contested! The last miss was a tipped block from Ibaka's help defense!

Although, James sat and argued with the refs instead of pushing back and OKC hit an easy transition 2! Exactly what Rondo was talking about!
Cheers, it's so hard to grasp whats going on in the game from the Play-By-Play. I want to just watch the game when i get home but i can't help myself looking at the boxscore haha

Back
Top Bottom