NZNRL Case Busts

Is this case tampering from esp

I think it's likely the stock that was sent out to the Newsagency Network and then the leftovers ended up back at Ikon. I say this because the 30 Albums I bought had Newsagency stickers and price tags on them as well.

Nothing ends up back at ESP once they've sent it out.

Last edited:
Well I was pretty grumpy last night, probably compounded by the irony of pulling another Edrick Lee :lol:. But on reflection, this is an issue that needs airing

This is the second Traders case I have that hasn't had the odds and the second that has not had a case card even. It only has one Young Gun and doesn't have a set of parallels. In terms of saleable goods

Lee Young Gun - $120
Premierships x10 - $100
Parallels have value but without a set will be near impossible to sell. The rest of the inserts are not saleable.

So the case is worth $220 and cost me $600, which I believe was sold to me below cost from the distributor. For goodness sake, that case would have cost me (as it did many NZers) $2166 last year. I know there is the whole odds disclaimer, but to have trust in the brand... Unfortunately, I'm going to have to cancel my lay-by on my second 14 Elite case to re-stock my finances :thumbsdown:

It is an anomaly until it is a pattern, and I think now we are discovering it is a pattern. I hope that those who are fortunate to have contact with ESP (whether the bucks stops with them or not, & I'm not pointing fingers) can re-affirm to them how important that re-packing tampering issues don't happen in future. With any luck they have already learnt this as the two releases are streets above what has happened in previous years, so hopefully practices have improved too. I've certainly been very impressed that without fail everybody has gained value from their Elite boxes.

Anyway, now that I'm rested and happier I can continue to the main reason for this thread which is a 2014 Elite bust!!!

Sand Line in the sand (clever; *pats back)

Box 2 of Elite - the hit is a Thaiday WCP and a WIL red.

If ind it strange that my favourite inserts are the ones I expected to like the least - Masters and apprentices

i wasn't even aware of this, it just keeps getting better and better with esp. i cant beleive you got a case for $600 and still got dudded, traders though, thats were the problem is.

Actually, just opening the Elite product now, I'm reminded of the new security seals they have on their boxes, which is great. My Traders boxes had definitely had the old seal tampered with.

Box 3 - Happy with result - James Tedesco #57. Two great sigs so far :)

Oh and case card is the Kangaroos CC1 - You can't tell me the fact that all us poor kiwis are receiving for case cards is the Kangaroo World Cup winning team and that's a coincidence... :rolleyes:

Oh and in response to Girds - I think ESP have had their issues in the past, but the only thing I could really fault them for in 2014 would maybe be the lack of a margin for our dealers. Correct me if I wrong, but they have come a long way this year.

Box 5 - J Morris WCP

So who is eagerly anticipating newsagent release day so they can pick every pack from the bottom left of the counter boxes. 5/5 now.

5 boxes and apart from 2 golds, no Warriors love.

I think it's likely the stock that was sent out to the Newsagency Network and then the leftovers ended up back at Ikon. I say this because the 30 Albums I bought had Newsagency stickers and price tags on them as well.

I have been told nothing ends up back at ESP. So does that mean it is repacked at Ikon

Well I was pretty grumpy last night, probably compounded by the irony of pulling another Edrick Lee :lol:. But on reflection, this is an issue that needs airing

This is the second Traders case I have that hasn't had the odds and the second that has not had a case card even. It only has one Young Gun and doesn't have a set of parallels. In terms of saleable goods

Lee Young Gun - $120
Premierships x10 - $100
Parallels have value but without a set will be near impossible to sell. The rest of the inserts are not saleable.

So the case is worth $220 and cost me $600, which I believe was sold to me below cost from the distributor. For goodness sake, that case would have cost me (as it did many NZers) $2166 last year. I know there is the whole odds disclaimer, but to have trust in the brand... Unfortunately, I'm going to have to cancel my lay-by on my second 14 Elite case to re-stock my finances :thumbsdown:

It is an anomaly until it is a pattern, and I think now we are discovering it is a pattern. I hope that those who are fortunate to have contact with ESP (whether the bucks stops with them or not, & I'm not pointing fingers) can re-affirm to them how important that re-packing tampering issues don't happen in future. With any luck they have already learnt this as the two releases are streets above what has happened in previous years, so hopefully practices have improved too. I've certainly been very impressed that without fail everybody has gained value from their Elite boxes.

Anyway, now that I'm rested and happier I can continue to the main reason for this thread which is a 2014 Elite bust!!!

Sand Line in the sand (clever; *pats back)

Box 2 of Elite - the hit is a Thaiday WCP and a WIL red.

If ind it strange that my favourite inserts are the ones I expected to like the least - Masters and apprentices
You may be better of investing in all select cards

I was told once before that excess stock was to be burnt.

Box 5 - J Morris WCP

So who is eagerly anticipating newsagent release day so they can pick every pack from the bottom left of the counter boxes. 5/5 now.

5 boxes and apart from 2 golds, no Warriors love.
Of my case I pulled 3 sigs n 1 WCHP from the bottom of the box and 2 WCHP first pack. Think ill be buying top and bottom 2 packs from every fresh box I see...

Stil on the bottom tho, there not all on the bottom but I think the odds are def increased. A mate and I have been talking about it since @Matt26 previewed the first box...

Ive had 2 sigs from left and 3 from Right with 2 being the last pack.

I was told once before that excess stock was to be burnt.

I was told by a Coles Employee All opened boxes from coles Express were told to throw the bin as of 1-1-2014
So god Knows how many legends sigs ended up in the bin.

Sorry to Hijack your thread good luck with your Busts

Lol, mis-counted the boxes I'd opened - that was actually #6 and had a Tate WCP 2nd to last pack on the right.

So far 3WCPs
2 LS
1 YG

Back
Top Bottom