NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
........and there's a fair few who mays as well be local juniors given their parantage. Young / Morris / Goodwin.

Oh and you forgot Cameron King and Atelea Vea both from Hurstville United not bad I reckon and that's only the current squad.....

i believe young, morris and goodwin sr's all from illawarra. corrimal, dapto and dapto to be precise.

I would be happy if i was a dragons supporter but thats just me Will be interesting to see if it is true though

Surprised this has not been mentioned yet

Roosters star Leilua arrested

Emma Partridge and Michael Carayannis

May 28, 2012 - 1:10PM

SYDNEY Roosters' preparations for tonight's game against Canterbury have been thrown into disarray after representative centre BJ Leilua was arrested at a St George hotel in the early hours of Saturday morning.

St George police crime manager Gary Ballard said Leilua, whose full name is Joseph Ikenasio Poiva Leilua Kelemete, was charged with three offences including assault, breaching an AVO and a telecommunications offence.

Police allege the former St George Dragons junior spat on his former girlfriend after an argument at the Allawah Hotel on Saturday about 1.30am.

"He was then taken out of the hotel by security and a number of text messages received after the fight," Detective Inspector Ballard said.

"It will also be alleged that the man sent personal photos of the woman via his mobile phone to other people," a police media spokesman said.

Earlier this month the woman was granted a six month enforceable AVO.

The woman reported the matter to St George police on Saturday and Leilua handed himself into Kogarah police station where he was arrested and charged on Saturday night, police said.

He was refused bail to appear at Parramatta Bail Court on Sunday.

Leilua was granted bail yesterday and is expected to face Kogarah Local Court in June.
The charge throws Leilua's immediate playing future in doubt as he was set to line-up for the Roosters against Canterbury at Sydney Football Stadium tonight.

Leilua's arrest comes just days after he was drafted into NSW's State of Origin squad as a shadow player.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz1w8ABa3T9

NEWCASTLE have fended off big offers from Canterbury, Penrith and the Queensland Reds to sign discarded Brisbane Broncos utility back Dane Gagai.
Gagai,
who was shown the door by the Broncos earlier this month for disciplinary reasons, has signed with the Knights for the rest of the season and two further years.

It's understood he will be at training in the morning after flying into Newcastle tonight and there is a possibility he could be drafted straight into the Knights side to play against his old club on Sunday in Brisbane.

It's understood Bulldogs coach Des Hasler and recruitment guru Noel Cleal flew to Brisbane late last week in a bid to entice Gagai to theBulldogs.
He had also spoken to Phil Gould about a move to the Panthers and a switch to rugby union with the Reds was another consideration.
But he has family ties to Knights coach Wayne Bennett which was a deciding factor in his decision to link with Newcastle.
The Knights are tipped to formally announce his signing later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom