Multiple 1998/99 Hobby Boxes

boomboom-84

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Grant
Yep - I couldn't resist the temptation to get a few of these bad boys, and after a pretty good deal with Cardzone, they arrived today!! :D I think I will only go one at a time, trying to hold off for as long as possible in between each box. Its been well documented in these forums, but I will list the odds of inserts and signatures again here:

Gold Commons - 1:1 pk
Record Breakers Chrome - 1:10 pks (2 or 3 per box)
World Class Chrome - 1:12 pks (2 per box)
Hero Signatures - 1:24 pks (1 per box :woot:)
Aussie Superstar Signatures - 1:192 pks (1:8 boxes)

The big selling point is that you are guarenteed at least 1 signature per box. Doing a few sums, there is a total of 2000 signatures available, and only 1600 boxes released, meaning that in theory, there are 400 boxes (or one in every four boxes) with TWO SIGNATURES!!! :woot: Like I say, nice in theory, but we will see how it actually pans out ;).

I think this is my favourite series produced by Select, superior to the 1997 series (aside from the Australian Captains inserts), and far superior to any of the c**p they have produced in the last 2yrs.

Anyway, first box will go down tonight (not live unfortuntely as I have no internet at home :() but I will post the results tomorrow morning!!

Good luck Grant, I hope the busting Gods are on your side!

When you say "a few" boxes.......how many are we talking??

The results are in... Box #551 / 1600

Pack 1 - Marvan Attapatu Gold
Pack 2 - Sanath Jayasuriya Gold - Ian Healy Record Breakers!!
Pack 3 - Adam Hollioake Gold
Pack 4 - Dean Headley Gold
Pack 5 - Aravinda DeSilva Gold
Pack 6 - Arjuna Ranatunga Gold
Pack 7 - Alan Mullally Gold
Pack 8 - Murali Gold
Pack 9 - Darren Gough Gold
Pack 10 - Graeme Hick Gold
Pack 11 - Romesh Kaluwitharana Gold - Glenn McGrath World Class!!
Pack 12 - John Crawley Gold - David Boon Record Breakers!!
Pack 13 - Angus Fraser Gold
Pack 14 - Warren Hegg Gold (who the hell is Warren Hegg??) - Mark Taylor World Class!!
Pack 15 - Mahela Jayawardene Gold
Pack 16 - Chandika Hathurusingha Gold
Pack 17 - Robert Croft Gold
Pack 18 - Graham Thorpe Gold
Pack 19 - Jayantha Silva Gold - BANG - Terry Alderman Hero Signature :D
Pack 20 - Kumara Dharmasena Gold
Pack 21 - Mark Ramprakash Gold
Pack 22 - Alex Tudor Gold - Steve Waugh World Class!!
Pack 23 - Niroshan Bandaratilake Gold
Pack 24 - Peter Such Gold

Overall I'm pretty happy with that - beat the odds on the World Class inserts, and being a West Aussie boy I'm very happy with the Alderman first up :D

A bit disappointing is that I'm still a whopping 23 cards short of a chrome base set, but hopefully the next box will cover that ;)

I'd eventually like to complete the Gold Set, and both insert sets, but any doubles I get of these will definately be up for sale or trade (Liam and Darren - I'll give you guys first crack at the cards you have requested if they are available). Signatures will also be retired to my collection.

Thanks for showing interest all, and I'll get back when the next box is about to go :)

nice bust there mate. i actually didnt even know there was a chrome hobby version of this series until about 4 years ago. i dont have any myself but would love to buy a box when i get some more coin together.

In the slim chance of having a spare Gold #20 Steve Waugh let me know! it is one of only a few i need for the SW PC!
good luck with the rest!!

Damn straight Ron :D

I've decided to go next box tomorrow (Wednesday) night, but it is a struggle looking at it and not opening just a couple of packs!!

So my second box will be going down tonight :D but as with the other box, I will post the results tomorrow sometime.

Just a quick note to those who have requested cards, I have kept a bit of a list going of who has asked for what, and when they asked for it. Once I have busted my full load, I'll sort out exactly what I have got, and get back to you all to let you know if I can help or not. Just didnt want you all to think I was ignoring everyone :)

Thanks again for all your interest, and I'll call in tomorrow :thumbsup:

Man I SOOOOOO want to get one of those boxes to bust!

Need to fill my PayPal up (lol)

Great start Ron, Mojo for your 2nd box!

Don't suppose the Alderman is for Sale?
I have a Greg Chappell & Rod Marsh so he would sit nicely next to them ;)

Well done on the 1st box mate :D

Sounds a lot like my first one (except for the extra WC :D)... Got the Alderman sig and a heap of sri lankan gold, nice work:thumbsup:

The Alderman is a corker of a sig once redeemed and in hand!

May the force be with you for the next box Grant :v:

WC9 WC9 WC9 WC9 WC9 WC9 WC9 ;)

Don't suppose the Alderman is for Sale?
I have a Greg Chappell & Rod Marsh so he would sit nicely next to them ;)

Sorry Richo, but Mr Alderman will be retired in my collection.

Anyway, results of Box 0552 / 1600 are as follows:

Pack 1: Greg Chappell Gold
Pack 2: Neil Harvey Gold
Pack 3: Rod Marsh Gold + Ian Healy RB (RB4 - the other day I got Ian Healy RB7)
Pack 4: Steve Waugh Gold
Pack 5: Rodney Hogg Gold
Pack 6: Aravinda DeSilva Gold (got this one in the last box :() + Doug Walters SIgnature :woot::woot::woot:
Pack 7: Hashan Tillakaratne Gold
Pack 8: Geoff Marsh Gold
Pack 9: Ian Chappell Gold
Pack 10: WG Grace Gold + Steve Waugh RB!!
Pack 11: Terry Alderman Gold
Pack 12: Jeff Thomson Gold
Pack 13: Doug Walters Gold
Pack 14: Checklist Gold
Pack 15: Clashes For The Ashes Gold (Card #1)
Pack 16: Suresh Perera Gold + Warnie WC :D
Pack 17: Russel Arnold Gold
Pack 18: Craig McDermott Gold
Pack 19: Ashley Mallett Gold
Pack 20: Invincibles Team Gold
Pack 21: Pramodya Wickramasinghe Gold
Pack 22: Alan Davidson Gold
Pack 23: Chaminda Vaas Gold
Pack 24: Arthur Morris Gold...... + Mark Waugh WC :woot: Marvellous finish that!!

Stoked with the Walters Sig :woot: and once again happy with the inserts - no doubles at all... yet.

Did well also with the Golds - only the one double in two boxes so far. The Golds seemed well collated between boxes, with this box taking off exactly where the other one finished. Next box Im guessing will be mostly the Aussie Test Gold cards.

This box was only 8 cards off a common set of chromes, compared with the 23 cards I was off in the first box. I was able to complete a set of chromes from these two boxes, and I am now 18 cards off a second set.

Anyways, thanks for watching again :thumbsup: , and I'll be back shortly with Box 0553 / 1600.

Back
Top Bottom