Multiple 1998/99 Hobby Boxes

Funny you should post that mate... I was on their site only an hour or so ago and saw the photos of the McGrath and Waugh Superstars!!

Can't wait to get my hands on them!! And as soon as I do, I'll post full size scans :D

The (very) last box arrived during the week and it will be busted tonight. Hoping for Ashley Mallett Sig.

If I get a chance I'll post results tomorrow, and PM those who had requested cards :thumbsup:

Alrighty then settle down Liam ;)

I don't have all the results in front of me to list, but I pulled a MARK WAUGH SUPERSTAR SIG :woot: ... and a Geoff Marsh Legends Sig :D

From memory, the other inserts I pulled and Gold cards were mostly ones I had already got, but who cares - this box well and truely paid for itself!!

Actually been sent up to Perth for work this morning, but I assure you I will post full results as soon as I'm home.

Only just saw this, well done mate :thumbsup:

AND Well done on pulling it TWICE (lol)

Well Box 0557 / 1600 (definately the last box) was busted last night... and lets just say things did not quite pan out how I had expected. I bought the box mainly hoping for the Aussie Test Gold Cards...

Pack 1: Alec Stewert Gold + Darren Gough WC
Pack 2: Michael DiVenuto Gold
Pack 3: Angus Fraser Gold

Don't like this trend :cry:

Pack 4: Matthew Hayden Gold
Pack 5: John Crawley Gold + Mike Atherton WC
Pack 6: Ben Hollioake Gold
Pack 7: Ian Harvey Gold
Pack 8: Warren Hegg Gold
Pack 9: Ryan Campbell Gold
Pack 10: Robert Croft Gold
Pack 11: Dominic Cork Gold (5th time I've pulled this card in 7 boxes!!)
Pack 12: Simon Cook Gold
Pack 13: Nick Knight Gold
Pack 14: Nasser Hussain Gold
Pack 15: Shane Lee Gold

And just when I'd lost all hope...

Pack 16: Ian Healy Gold + GLENN MCGRATH SUPERSTAR :woot::woot::woot:

Two cards I was definately happy to see!!

Pack 17: Andrew Symonds Gold
Pack 18: Brad Young Gold + GEOFF MARSH HEROES SIG
Pack 19: Damien Martyn Gold
Pack 20: Jimmy Maher Gold + Warnie RB
Pack 21: Mark Butcher Gold
Pack 22: Shaun Young Gold
Pack 23: Darren Lehmann Gold
Pack 24: Mike Atherton Gold

Make no mistake I was pretty disappointed when none of the Aussie Test Golds came forth, but then the McGrath Superstar was unveiled and you could have knocked me over with a feather!! The Superstars are supposed to come out 1:8 Boxes, and I managed to pull 3 in 7 boxes :D

Anyways, this box was also the best for Chrome Commons, coming out 7 cards short of a base set. I'm one card off number 5 full set of Chromes, and 9 cards short of number 6 full set.

Still 20 cards off a Gold Set, but I can't justify getting another box purely in the hope of pulling the required Gold cards, esp now that I have both Superstars.

Well that is the end of it all, I'll PM those who were after specific cards, and then start a thread in the Trade Section putting the rest up for grabs.

Thanks for watching all :thumbsup:

F*ck me 3 SUPERSTAR signatures in 7 boxes! WTF :woot:
You have cleared them out of SUPERSTAR SIGNATURES now.......another 17 boxes will have to be busted until the odds are back to 1 in 8 !!!

That is unbelieveable mate, Well done :thumbsup:

PS - Was thinking of buying a box but I am too scared you have taken all the Mojo now (lol)

Mate that is a sensational run!!! 3 Superstars and 7 Heroes out of 7 boxes :woot: Glad you aren't in the 09/10 case share or I know where the master sig would end up :lol: Maybe I should send one of my 09/10 boxes to you to bust :whistle:

Still 20 cards off a Gold Set, but I can't justify getting another box purely in the hope of pulling the required Gold cards, esp now that I have both Superstars.

I think cardzone sell the golds individually for $4? I know it is a steep price, but $80 to complete the set is a lot better than coughing up for another box :)

Great work Grant!

Are you satisfied overall, Grant?.

You bet I am Ron!!

Just the Sigs make it worthwhile!! I'm hoping to trade the spare Geoff Marsh for one of the other Heroes SIgs in the series, and the spare Mark Waugh Superstar for two of the Heroes Sigs (might be dreaming but I will see how we go ;)) - which would give me both Superstars and 9 of the Heroes out of 7 boxes.

To nearly complete nearly 6 full chrome sets, the World Class (2 cards short) and the Record Breakers sets (1 card short) just adds to my satisfaction.

The only slight disappointment is with the Gold cards - still 20 off the set after 7 consecutive boxes :( Hopefully some of you will be able to help me out a bit there :)

As you would all well know - busting a box brings a unique sense of anticipation and excitement. To bust this many boxes of arguably the finest cricket release Australia has ever seen was fantastic. I enjoyed every minute of it and I believe it was money well spent.

Also just for the record, the boxes I busted were numbered 0551 through to 0557. If you are after a Superstar maybe steer clear of boxes numbered in this vicinity as I may have taken all the luck. But on the other hand, who knows if there is any more mojo in this vicinity?? I'll leave that to everyone else to make up their own minds...

Mate that is a sensational run!!! 3 Superstars and 7 Heroes out of 7 boxes :woot: Glad you aren't in the 09/10 case share or I know where the master sig would end up :lol: Maybe I should send one of my 09/10 boxes to you to bust :whistle:

I am Liam - in case 2 - but I'm pretty sure all my luck has dried up...

Back
Top Bottom