Garnett To Celts??

It is finally official. Saw the press conference, it was good viewing, KG seemed happy and all the guys, especially Pierce, were very excited about starting the new season. The owners were also very happy with what's happening in Boston, I'd say they definitely all agree on what's happened so far to this point.
Danny Ainge specifically mentioned that they were not finished and they had guys talking with free agents at that moment. He wants to add to create a 13-14 man roster for this season.
It was also mentioned that Garnett and Pierce had played together in a team in '95, Ray Allen also played with Garnett previously before making the NBA so they do feel some form of link already between them.

Green is not a great talent - he's the 2nd coming of Harold Miner!!

Gomes will be a good player who is a free agent in a year and will bolt.

Jefferson will be a 20-10 guy by the sounds of it.....

Green the second coming of Harold Miner... come on now!!! Gerald is raw young and if anything could be the next tmac....!!!

Gerald Green is hardly comparable to Harold Miner, that's a bit harsh.

Both he and Gomes were great for the Celts last season, especially when Pierce was out.

What'll happen this year if they lose Allen or Pierce to injury?

What'll happen this year if they lose Allen or Pierce to injury?

Well Allan Ray will be missed for starters, but im sure Danny Ainge will be trying to pick up a few vets at discount prices that can play multiple spots on the floor.

First on the agenda should be to pry Brevin Knight, or a similar ilk of player, away from Charlotte. The Celtics need a heady vet pg to help Rondo thru his second season, much like how Knight helped Raymond Felton.

Well Allan Ray will be missed for starters, but im sure Danny Ainge will be trying to pick up a few vets at discount prices that can play multiple spots on the floor.

First on the agenda should be to pry Brevin Knight, or a similar ilk of player, away from Charlotte. The Celtics need a heady vet pg to help Rondo thru his second season, much like how Knight helped Raymond Felton.

Agreed. Knight would fit perfectly. Serious pass first player to accompany all those scorers and dominate the ball.

gotta remember guys Boston is now way over salary cap and the Luxury tax, so whoever they get has to be with their MLE and whatever they pay them they are paying double...so if Knight wants $4mil a year (part of the MLE) they would be paying $8mil for him ($4 mil to luxury tax) so thats a lot of money for someone like knight

The Celtics are REALLY weak when you take KG, Allen and Paul Pierce away from the team.

Apart from those positions there are cracks in the lineups and lacks of depth.

Rajon Rondo, Brian Scalabrine, Glen Davis, Brandon Wallace, please guys, there are no quality players needed to win championships.

You need your Steve Kerr's, Robert Horry's, Fabricia Oberto's, James Posey's, Derek Fisher's etc etc.

Minnesota is one of the best young teams in the NBA now, if they can keep their core intact in 4-5 seasons they will be rising to deep playoff contention and will likely have a dynasty after that.

Craig Smith, Randy Foye, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Al Jefferson, Corey Brewer - There are 6 names right there, of which all 6 have a chance to be All-Stars, they might not be, but my best bet is saying that Al Jefferson, Randy Foye and Corey Brewer will all be superstars.

Gerald Green will be as good as JR Smith was this past year if not better and Craig Smith can definately be your poor mans Elton Brand at worst.

Oh who gives a F*CK McHale just F*CKED the Timberwolves. He should be sacked now or retire now that he has given the Celtics our heart and soul.

Timberwolves will be lucky to be competitive ever again. Back to 1989/90 for us. SUCKING SUCKING and SUCKING some more!!

*sigh* The more I read, the more time it sinks in... the more I just want to give up on basketball altogether. Glen Taylor is a Goddamned Tight Arse!

All he had to do was pay some damn luxury Tax and get a damn good couple of veteran's in to help KG... instead he bloody trades him away. It will be known as the Curse of KG in years to come. Minnesota will not ever be truly championship contenders for at least 20 years IF they are lucky.

Most of this team will walk away first chance they get. And if we do keep one or two of them we'll overpay like we over paid everyone else in the history of the franchise and it will be same old.

Rinse and repeat.

What's the damn point? *sigh*

wow......they look good now!....he is wearing Bill Walton's Celtic jersey as well...
should be interesting to see how they go next season....thing is, who will be the main man? Paul? or KG??

wow......they look good now!....he is wearing Bill Walton's Celtic jersey as well...
should be interesting to see how they go next season....thing is, who will be the main man? Paul? or KG??

According to the Boston Globe reporters.... Paul Pierce was acting like he will still be the main man.

lmao poor minnesota lol na thyll be alright suck shit to ainge criticts lol i dun care how u put it gettin ray ray n kg is good no matter wat. it was like when miami got shaq n people were like no way shaqs done. funny pretty sure he got another ring. u ALWAYS get a GREAT big man when the opportunity comes up its common damn sence. GO BOSTON never thought id be sayin that lol

gotta remember guys Boston is now way over salary cap and the Luxury tax, so whoever they get has to be with their MLE and whatever they pay them they are paying double...so if Knight wants $4mil a year (part of the MLE) they would be paying $8mil for him ($4 mil to luxury tax) so thats a lot of money for someone like knight

Too many chiefs and not enough indians at this point though so need some veteren ball dominator to dish it out to all and sundry. Money well spent

Not Allan Ray, Ray Allen! What happens if they lose him to injuy, or Paul Pierce...

I seriously hope that Geral Green is better than JR Smith was last year. He was barely a blip on anyone's radar, especially when he was benched!

The T'Wolves I think are better now than they were with KG. And in my opinion, the Celts have gone backwards!

Don't get me wrong, the Celts will most likely win more than they did last year (they're expected to do this), but it only takes 1 injury to lose one of these 3 now, (not that one would want this to happen), I just feel they should have done more to secure some of their reserves, instead of trading 1 of the 2 they dealt to Minny. (Gomes would have been ideal to keep).

I agree it woulda been good to keep Gomes but they did get a hall of famer in KG.

Mavsman - celts have gone backwards???? what was their record last year? year before?? we'll see who goes backwards...I think Minny has the potential to go 23-59 this year....

I might've been harsh on Green but word is he plays no defence and where are his minutes coming from behind Foye/Davis/McCants/Brewer??

Brevin Knight was waived by Charlotte so he might be available still..... not sure.

Boston will still have Tony Allen who can play and from what I've heard defend.
Also Ainge said at the press conference they weren't finished and are looking at signing free agents so watch this space!!!

It feels weird suddenly jumping ships....but I have!!! No longer a Twolves fan (and I was struggling with that!!) Now a celtics fan!!

AJ - hope u felt better after getting all that out!!!!! i'm sure it'll be fun watching those young players grow -

I agree it woulda been good to keep Gomes but they did get a hall of famer in KG.

Mavsman - celts have gone backwards???? what was their record last year? year before?? we'll see who goes backwards...I think Minny has the potential to go 23-59 this year....

I might've been harsh on Green but word is he plays no defence and where are his minutes coming from behind Foye/Davis/McCants/Brewer??

Brevin Knight was waived by Charlotte so he might be available still..... not sure.

Boston will still have Tony Allen who can play and from what I've heard defend.
Also Ainge said at the press conference they weren't finished and are looking at signing free agents so watch this space!!!

It feels weird suddenly jumping ships....but I have!!! No longer a Twolves fan (and I was struggling with that!!) Now a celtics fan!!

AJ - hope u felt better after getting all that out!!!!! i'm sure it'll be fun watching those young players grow -

Watching them grow then just as they get good bolt like Marbury did?

yeah gonna be bloody fantastic. :mad:

I think both teams did well

Boston have a great crack at a title in the next 3 years

T-Wolves have the next 2-3 years to develop whilst the suns, spurs & mavs West domination is still on

Then it'll be the Blazers,Wolves & Sonics coming up through to lead the West in the 3-5 years after that

Corey Brewer will be the T-Wolves Franchise

Green in the big X Factor...he could be anything or nothing...but I think he'll be solid

Back
Top Bottom