Garnett To Celts??

Reignman your spot on, summed the deal up to a tee.
It works well for both teams, you have to remember AJ you wouldnt of made the playoffs next season anyway and by the end of year KG would of left you for nothing. You replace KG with a player that has the ability to produce the same numbers as him and you also pick up 2 other talented players aswell as 2 first round picks. The best you'll get out of the picks the next two seasons is somewhere between 20-30 but you will have 2 first rounders in both drafts..
The thing i hated about Gerald Green is his ATTITUDE and lack of respect for playing DEFENCE. JR SMITH is about as similar to GG than any other player comparison in the NBA, both show offs, dont play defence and have appauling Attitudes.

To me the only real lose is Big Al and Gomes but HOF'ers dont come around every day and this will give us a bloody good shot and getting these three stars theirs first NBA rings and the Boston Celtics a championship they have been waiting on for 21 years.

I commend both Ainge and McHale and look foward to seeing what Ainge does next, they better keep Tony Allen though, hecould be DPOY. Knight could complement Rondo perfectly and a couple of other vets and fillers could prove very handy and help strengthen our depth.

Here's what I like thinking about......

The year theTwolves went to the Conf finals and lost 4-2 to Shaq and Kobe they had Cassell and Spree. They also had Hassell who played great D, and really not much else.....KG had 6 assists per game that year - he also had a career high 24 pts - WHEN he had those good players. Think about that - when he had more talent around him he had MORE assists and MORE points.

NOW

- would u rather have Spree of the 2003-04 version (ie less slashing more jump shots than with the knicks in his prime but still a good player) or Pierce? IMO Pierce no doubt - he still slashes, he rebounds like a demon for a SG/SF and can hit the 3 which Spree only shot at about 30-33%

- would u rather have Cassell of 2003-04 or Ray Allen from 07-08!! This one is closer - Cassell was a fine PG - played a great pick and roll and hit the open jumper. Allen is a SG thru and thru - not a PG so doesn't run the offence - can hit the 3 in his sleep and also rebounds hard for a gunner.

As long as either Rondo or whoever plays point can set up an offence I think the Celtics will be VERY dangerous.

Imagine Rondo/(add yr PG here) into the post to KG - (by the way who is gonna guard KG in the east?? I know Wallace can for Detroit but who else?) You can't double team as u have Pierce on one wing and Allen on the other.

KG - an excellent passer - then decides whether to shoot - abuse whoever is guarding him, pass to a cutting Pierce or hit Allen for the open three!!!

I'm being simplistic but u can see how hard they'll be to guard - they're all smart players - then Tony Allen isn't offensively challenged either and as Ainge said they'll be looking for free agents!!

CAn u see them beating Cleveland?? YES. they'll struggle with Lebron but everyone does...

Detroit? - Maybe - those guys are getting on a bit most of them....

Miami - probably (IMO!!)

Orlando?

I'll stop here but lets just say I think they'll do well!!!!

It works well for both teams, you have to remember AJ you wouldnt of made the playoffs next season anyway and by the end of year KG would of left you for nothing. You replace KG with a player that has the ability to produce the same numbers as him and you also pick up 2 other talented players aswell as 2 first round picks. The best you'll get out of the picks the next two seasons is somewhere between 20-30 but you will have 2 first rounders in both drafts..

And Jefferson could still be a bust or just another poor mans KG. He hasn't done KG stuff yet...

Its great for KG but I still think the Wolves are F*cked. Mark my words, first round exits IF they make a playoff in the next five years.

LjandKg's post above got me thinking...

You can see by the amount of posts in this thread that there is a huge amount of interest in this trade.....can you imagine the talk that is going on in NBA circles right now??

Lots of scenarios are still to be played out before the dust settles and the season gets underway!!!

And Jefferson could still be a bust or just another poor mans KG. He hasn't done KG stuff yet...

Its great for KG but I still think the Wolves are F*cked. Mark my words, first round exits IF they make a playoff in the next five years.

What I thinkthe Twolves should do / should have done is trade away someone like McCants and say Ricky Davis and perhaps one of the picks they got off Boston for a real good player from next years free agent class - trust me - EVERYONE is a free agent next year.....

EG trading those guys for a real good PG,then u have say someone of Tony Parker's calibre.....plus

Al Jeff
Brewer
Foye
Gomes - all young all getting better...

I don't think they'll leave the team as it is - far too much youth and NO experience..

Also - POOR AL JEFF - look who he has to guard all year Duncan, Amare, Dirk etc - good luck boy!!

If we don't get some more veteran support I am seriously going to contemplate giving on supporting the wolves and the NBA.

I am sick and tired of going for losers and watching an ex Celtic destroy what could have been a promising team (over the past 10 years).

Giving up supporting your team, cos they're going through some down in the dumps type motions???

AJ, the Wolves have done 500% better without KG, with all the new additions they picked up from Trade, and Draft.

I'm still not convinced that the Celts will be as tough as everyone is claiming they will be. Ray Allen is a down right shooter! No doubt about it. But can he keep it up with Paul Pierce?

KG won't demand points, but don't forget how much he loves to score more than anything else!!!

He'll still rack up his stats, and will definately be a nice addition for the Celts. Their Center position will be something to watch, that's for sure!

Watch this space, is what I will say....

If we don't get some more veteran support I am seriously going to contemplate giving on supporting the wolves and the NBA.

I am sick and tired of going for losers and watching an ex Celtic destroy what could have been a promising team (over the past 10 years).

Oh come on, it's not THAT bad.

It's only the first day, if moves will be made you have to be patient.

Besides, even if they go with a youth movement, the youth squad they have, is much much better than advertised, and they are a lot better than you are giving them credit for.

Randy Foye, Craig Smith, Corey Brewer, Rashad Mccants, Ryan Gomes, Al Jefferson, Gerald Green.

I mean come on, let's be real. This is no playoff team now, but if they are kept together, with the right development they will be dominant.

Randy Foye can develop into a lead guard comparable to Dwyane Wade, Craig Smith is a poor mans Elton Brand at worst, Mccants + Green have the potential to be very good scorers and Al Jefferson is going to be the next Jermaine O'Neal easy. And I haven't even talked about Gomes or Brewer yet..

Even with projections and estimates, give the kids some credit because Smith, Foye, Gomes and Jefferson are all established starters.

I'm still not convinced that the Celts will be as tough as everyone is claiming they will be.

That depends how much of the "I'm keen to win a ring" and "I'll do whats best for the team" talk we hear is the usually bullshit you hear after the draft, a free agent signing and any trade involving a star, and how much is actually true...

You would imagine that PP34, Ray Ray and KG have had their full of winning 30-40 games and missing the playoffs/ being knocked out in the 1st round, so they will be keen to win and will defer their own interests (being the biggest star, having 20+ shots, taking the last shot etc..) for wins and team chemistry.

Interesting point that Bill Simmons aka the Sports Guy from ESPN pointed out is that they cancel out each other percieved biggest faults; Pierce's lack of leadership, KG's supposed big shot problems and Allen's body holding up while carrying a team.

And im pretty sure that they all know how to share the ball; Kevin Garnett has played with Ricky Davis, Sam I Am and Spree over the years; Ray Ray with Rashard Lewis, Glenn Robinson, Sam I Am as well and Paul Pierce played with Antoine Walker; that alone would make you happy to players in the ilk of Garnett and Ray Allen on the court with you!

..Al Jefferson is going to be the next Jermaine O'Neal easy.

An underachiever without focus.. ;)

This deal will be like the Iverson to Denver trade, once the main guys gel, if they gel, Boston is easily a force in the East. Thats not rocket science. And having these 3 guys start a game is kinda hot. Plus with Rondo and Perkins the team looks good. They just need to get some help on the bench now, if they can afford to.

An underachiever without focus.. ;)

This deal will be like the Iverson to Denver trade, once the main guys gel, if they gel, Boston is easily a force in the East. Thats not rocket science. And having these 3 guys start a game is kinda hot. Plus with Rondo and Perkins the team looks good. They just need to get some help on the bench now, if they can afford to.

no way.

without a doubt, had Jermaine not been injured these past two seasons the Indiana Pacers would've been contending for a spot in the Conf Finals for the past 3-4 seasons.

This trade has really hotted up the East...

Now we have a true star studded team and a famous franchise boasting them.

Wolvesjr34 - Relax man your new team is going to be Awesome if they can stick together...Both you and I will be rewarded for our loyalty in the coming years...Wolves vs Sonics west finals 09-10 season

This trade has really hotted up the East...

Now we have a true star studded team and a famous franchise boasting them.

Wolvesjr34 - Relax man your new team is going to be Awesome if they can stick together...Both you and I will be rewarded for our loyalty in the coming years...Wolves vs Sonics west finals 09-10 season

But no one is listening.... I don't mind waiting IF I knew they'd stay but no one stays in Minny EVERYONE forgets that....

Marbury chose to leave than make a dynasty with KG.... some of these guys if they will be as good as suggested will not wanna be on the same team.... This is my concern. I am worried we will have another KG on our hands in 10 years... coming close but no cigar, overpaying... and still getting nothing...

You cannot blame me for being concerned look who is in charge!!

And no I'd never give up on the Wolves but it make sme bloody sad :(

Giving up supporting your team, cos they're going through some down in the dumps type motions???

AJ, the Wolves have done 500% better without KG, with all the new additions they picked up from Trade, and Draft.

I'm still not convinced that the Celts will be as tough as everyone is claiming they will be. Ray Allen is a down right shooter! No doubt about it. But can he keep it up with Paul Pierce?

KG won't demand points, but don't forget how much he loves to score more than anything else!!!

He'll still rack up his stats, and will definately be a nice addition for the Celts. Their Center position will be something to watch, that's for sure!

Watch this space, is what I will say....

That's crock Mavs! KG loves to score more than anything else? where'd that come from? He scores, has been the best rebounder in the league FIVE YEARS STRAIGHT, is the only man to have 9 years of 20-10-4 - or 8 or 7, blk's shots and steals nearly 2 a game.....

Do u seriously think Allen , Pierce and KG are gonna fight about touches, pts etc? We're not talking about whinging young players here - these guys are class act vets who only want to win a ring and don't give a shit how they do it.
KG would gladly go 15-14-9 if they won a ring - as for caring about scoring the most?? My one big criticism of him is he doesn't score enough!!!!;)

HOLY DAMN! I've missed a lot whilst being stuck here! All of a sudden the c's are a playoff contender and Minny just keep making stupid trades! All they did was trade an all star and Future HOF for a bunch of kids based on potential! I'm glad I have a KG auto now! :D

Back
Top Bottom