Garnett To Celts??

celts getting a new house, lol:

ESPN.COM's Chris Sheridan reports, "The Boston Celtics began filling out their trade-depleted roster Wednesday a day after acquiring Kevin Garnett, agreeing to terms with journeyman guard Eddie House on a one-year, $1.5 million contract."

i'm looking in investing in a few of his now also! just a few major rc's thats all, you wont have too much comp!

There's plenty to go around, I am now basically limtied to trading due to my mystery tiredness (hopefully just medication i am taking for my allergy) preventing me from doing a dull weeks work atm....

just remember me if he's a dud and pass them on cheaply ;)

There's plenty to go around, I am now basically limtied to trading due to my mystery tiredness (hopefully just medication i am taking for my allergy) preventing me from doing a dull weeks work atm....

just remember me if he's a dud and pass them on cheaply ;)

lol i'll keep you in mind! After what I've seen of him in the LS, not like that the greatest to go by, i think he has heaps of potential, especially with KG out of the picture.

celts getting a new house, lol:

Eddie House is a great addition.

They needed more depth beyond their 3 main scorers and House is a pure scorer who can shoot the ball and handle it too.

He will definately be able to play some point and shooting guard, and help out with the inexperienced spots at the one.

Eddie House is a great addition.

They needed more depth beyond their 3 main scorers and House is a pure scorer who can shoot the ball and handle it too.

He will definately be able to play some point and shooting guard, and help out with the inexperienced spots at the one.

Here's the article

August 01, 2007
Celtics add two
By Shira Springer, Globe Staff
The Celtics signed guards Eddie House and Jackie Manuel this afternoon to one-year contracts, Danny Ainge said.

"Eddie is one of the best shooters in the league," Ainge said. "He adds firepower to our bench and depth to our backcourt."

With regard to Manuel, a former North Carolina player, "He's a great defender."

While no additional moves are imminent, Ainge also said the Celtics "were not done yet."

Boston has 11 players under contract with the addition of House and Manuel.

House (6-1) played last season with the Nets, appearing in 56 games and averaging 8.4 points in 16.9 minutes per game. He has played for the Heat, Clippers, Hornets, Bucks, Kings, Suns and Nets in seven seasons in the league after playing in college at Arizona State.

His best season was 2005-06 when he appeared in 81 games for the Suns and averaged 9.8 points.

Manuel (6-5) was an undrafted free agent with Orlando at the start of last season but was waived in training camp. He played with the Los Angeles Defenders of the NBA Developmental League and averaged 9.5 points and 3.8 rebounds.

As i have said on other sites, with all these scorers and guys who will likely demand a share of the ball and shot oppurtunties, this team needs a ball distributing point guard, in the mould of Brevin Knight, Eark Watson or Chucky Atkins type.

These guys can hit the open shot and have range with the likelyhood of a double team on any of the top 3, but are pass first type players....

All likely acquirable for a reasonable price one would assume and not overly priced with the luxury tax surely being on the mind of the Celtics ownership group.

The only downside i suppose is that none of those examples are overly great defenders, but Knight is certainly handy and had a solid leadership role with the BobCats youthful roster the past few seasons, so one would asusme he may have a solid locker room prescence as well....

As i have said on other sites, with all these scorers and guys who will likely demand a share of the ball and shot oppurtunties, this team needs a ball distributing point guard, in the mould of Brevin Knight, Eark Watson or Chucky Atkins type.

These guys can hit the open shot and have range with the likelyhood of a double team on any of the top 3, but are pass first type players....

All likely acquirable for a reasonable price one would assume and not overly priced with the luxury tax surely being on the mind of the Celtics ownership group.

The only downside i suppose is that none of those examples are overly great defenders, but Knight is certainly handy and had a solid leadership role with the BobCats youthful roster the past few seasons, so one would asusme he may have a solid locker room prescence as well....

you have all the locker room presance you need with the big three.

They basically need a distributor who can play some D and to teach Rondo....

Well in locker room presance i was referring to a positive influence, as i had read in numerous news services of the talk of Troy Hudson heading to Boston, and he is clearly a negative factor and not ideally what the Celtics would be seeking when one considers the core pieces they have at thier disposal.

And in respect to a Troy Hudson type, if he failed to gel and have a productive role with KG in Minny, that is unlikely of changing in Beantown.

In addition to the point you make in regards to the big three...it seems while as we should all parties are looking at this as being smooth sailing for the Celtics....i prefer to reserve judgement on how this will actually turn out on the court, once they are playing on a day-2-day basis.

I am not disputing the fact that it is clearly a good and solid trade, making the Celtics a sure bet for the Eastern Conference Finals, but that is on paper and not yet been validated by performances, cohesion or the ego factor.....

I am not a Boston basher, more a realist who basis judgement on results...

Well in locker room presance i was referring to a positive influence, as i had read in numerous news services of the talk of Troy Hudson heading to Boston, and he is clearly a negative factor and not ideally what the Celtics would be seeking when one considers the core pieces they have at thier disposal.

And in respect to a Troy Hudson type, if he failed to gel and have a productive role with KG in Minny, that is unlikely of changing in Beantown.

That's very true - Hudson is a bit of a cancer in the locker room from what I have heard... he has talent but his attitude played him out of being a bigger player at Minny I feel.

In addition to the point you make in regards to the big three...it seems while as we should all parties are looking at this as being smooth sailing for the Celtics....i prefer to reserve judgement on how this will actually turn out on the court, once they are playing on a day-2-day basis.

I am not disputing the fact that it is clearly a good and solid trade, making the Celtics a sure bet for the Eastern Conference Finals, but that is on paper and not yet been validated by performances, cohesion or the ego factor.....

I am not a Boston basher, more a realist who basis judgement on results...

It'd be funny if Minny ended up having a better season because our young team gels and Bostons champions find it weird having other go to guys on the same team.

From CelticsBlog.com, makes sense:

Guys, it's not at all inconceivable that Gomes was added to make the deal work with Garnett's trade kicker, but that Ainge has worked it out with McHale that he would get cut after the deal went thru and with Gomes agent that he would be re-signed.

Remember, when a player with a guaranteed contract gets waived, it's a windfall: Gomes will make his guaranteed money, plus whatever he signs for. So, if Ainge impressed upon him that he is wanted but is just being traded on paper to make the deal work, and will be invited back immediately, and will also gain an extra million or so for it, I'm sure Gomes and his agent would be happy to play along.

I understand that, my only question or issue with that is, if cut or waived whatever terminology one wants to use, while on the waiver wire, he is free games for teams with far worse records then what Boston had i would assume?

Back
Top Bottom