FIFA World Cup Discussion Thread * Spoilers*

argentina and USA. still not convinced about belgium. i think theyre pretty over-rated...

They haven't played there best football yet. Could be tonight they do.

yeah, more so i think the alot of the players everyone raves about arent quite up to the standards of those raves. should be a good game tho...

Unusual World Cup with only one upset win (Costa Rica v Italy).

The knockout stages are really hard to watch with the weaker teams just trying to take games to penalties. They should bring back the 2nd group stage format.

My tips for semi-finals; Colombia, Costa Rica, France, Belgium

Last edited:
happy with the display against france. great defence when we were behind the ball, but still getting caught out with crosses over the back line. they need to either tighten up on their man or play deeper...i prefer deeper. if any keeper can play the goalie/sweeper position its neuer, but its still too dangerous for my liking.
brazil did well, but the biggest news from the match is neymar with a broken vertebrae. not as serious as it sounds. out for about a month. shows how a seemingly weak and innocuous hit can do serious damage. theyre not always just exaggerating.
sets up germany and brazil's second ever meeting. between them, theyve featured in 13 of the 19 finals, but only ever played each other once...

well no silva or brazil, germany may as well go straight through to the final.

the brazil / columbia game i was so excited for and it was the shittest game of the whole world cup so far. 54 fouls. 4 yellows? someone shouldve been sent imo.

mats hummels, getting the job done for my fantasy side.

as long as brazil dont win i dont care who does.

I would like to see Brazil win but that's not going to happen.

Most likely it will be Germany V Argentina/Netherlands...... I would prefer Argentina or Netherlands to win.

alot of negativity about brazil being able to get past the germans? im pretty nervous to be honest. they got some speed which has been germany's biggest weakness so far...

Germany haven't lost an international match in 15 matches......... I guess you're only one match away from a loss?

On paper you should win easily, btw no world cup game time for Draxler?

yeah, on paper we shouldve won the last one aswell. i stopped counting chickens after 2006.
theres not really any room for draxler. im suprised they brought him along with the midfield they got. even the reus injury didnt help him. its too late now i guess...
altho, personally i wouldnt mind ozil getting dropped to the bench. the dude just doesnt try hard enough. and since hes been practically invisible anyway, i cant see it making a big difference.

Ahh well we will know in less than 24 hours but I still believe Germany should have a easy match. Straight into the finals.

The Arg v Ned match I am not quite sure who will win? Will it be Messi's Magic or Van Gaals masterstroke that wins it.

It's a shame Draxler didn't get a run as I was looking forward to seeing him in the WC, even in the first few matches I thought he would come on as a substitute at least.

Back
Top Bottom