FIFA World Cup Discussion Thread * Spoilers*

pretty quiet in here?
spain join an elite list of teams to win the cup then exit in the groups of the next (brazil, france, italy). i just knew spains time was over.
australia actually doing well in their matches. wont win a game, but still...
the germans look gooooood. muller takes his WC tally to 8. with at least 2 cups left in him, plus the rest of this one, he might give klose/ronaldo a run...
england vs uruguay should be interesting. still think england will go out tho. i'll go safe and say 2-1.

@sgt_pepper Great prediction for the Eng v Uru match! Very true, it has been a tad quiet on this thread for a world cup.

@Harsha_12 How great is it to see Suarez run rampant!

Timmy Cahill's goal was just crazy.........he is the greatest socceroo EVER!

Great to see Spain knocked out by the gallant Chileans and I hope Portugal get knocked out too lol.

100% he went for a bite. at first i thought he tried to headbutt him, which somehow wouldve been better. not sure why theres a doubt?
any scousers round here think it was nothing? either way, im sure theyll stick up for him.
3rd time biting, i think he needs to miss the rest of the cup and most of the next, which is not possible, 'cause maximum ban cant exceed 24 months. such a shame. top 5 in the world in my opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah @OutlawNinja, I reckon he's knackered mate. Hopefully shipped off to Spanish club by design or choice too so that he is no longer Liverpool's problem. To bite an opponent once is very peculiar....to do it twice points to a major problem.....to do it three times just defies belief.

@sgt_pepper, I don't care how many goals he has scored for Liverpool (who I have supported since 2004), Suarez is nothing but a dirty, malicious cheat. I don't understand how anyone could actually want him at the club although for some, his goals are the only things that matter to them.

/\/\ agree with both. but just looking at the length of bans for the previous two incidents (7 & 10 games respectively), maybe it wont be the maximum?
should previous offences have sway in this ban? personally, i think so, since it shows that hes not making any effort in changing his coping mechanisms...
rumours he may be off to barca. rumour started by his dad...

Rodgers and other board members are to have an emergency meeting on the future of Suarez soon. Who knows he could have done this to get out of his contract (joke)? I wonder if Stevie G still wants him in the team? Rodgers for that matter? His team mates?

I want him for the pure purpose that he can scores goals and the fact we have spent time to try and rehabilitate him, but this looks like the end for him at Liverpool. He shouldn't have bit him.

Real and Barca (very recent Barca rumors) were started by his father in-law as he said to go to the best league, which is in Spain. His family resides in Spain so I guess the move their is immanent.

You know what would really be funny, for the rest of his playing career, Suarez has to wear a muzzle when playing lol

Suarez has gone from hero to villain in the space of 5 days. You could clearly see the teeth marks on Chielini's back. What a idiot, why would you do that?
Looking forward to see how FIFA handle this one.

Australia and England are out so I hope Holland win the cup.

Last edited:
Suarez has been given a four month ban with immediate effect including a 9 match international ban as well.
also $100,000 Swiss francs (that's what it says on BBC sport anyway)

so he'll miss about 10 games for whatever club he ends up at next season. seems fair apart from that one of those months he's on holiday anyway...
liverpool could have a tough time unloading him now. hard to sell someone who cant even train with his new team...
after the next two years of copa he'll be back for the 2018 WC.
also a world wide stadium ban for the four months.
overall i think FIFA did alright. not great, but not pathetic either.
ghana have also suspended KP-boateng & muntari. their eligibility to play in the tournament has been rescinded and theyve been shipped home. bad attitudes apparently...

Bit late for predictions but I am going for Argentina because I love watching Lionel Messi and they play like a team unlike Portugal (also Australia of course but they are out now, Tim Cahill one of the best socceroos ever in my opinion along with Mark Schwarzer). I think Argentina will win it.

Who would of thought Spain, England, Italy and Portugal were out in the group stage?
A few emerging good teams in World soccer: Colombia, Chile and Belgium.

Let's see what happens :)

Colombia are paying 21/1 at the moment. It's great to see Messi step up on the big stage.
Costa Rica deserve a mention too. Conceded only 1 goal which was a penalty against some decent opposition. England on the other hand conceded 4.

Back
Top Bottom