FIFA World Cup Discussion Thread * Spoilers*

BoondasH1

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Raj
Why hasn't there been a thread for the World Cup yet?

Anyways I guess it all starts off with the Warm up against Croatia tomorrow morning at 8am.

Who do you believe will win or which team you will be supporting at the world cup.

Brazil has always been my favouite team at every world cup (and Socceroos, when we make it).

Brazil, Argentina or Netherlands to win the World cup for me.

i support germany (and only germany) and i also think theyll win it...altho ive thought they would win the last two, so i might be blinded by my bias. they do have a nice run all the way to the semi's tho.
brazil are my 2nd pick and uruguay my dark-horse.
australia might get a goal. if they concede less than nine itll be a successful cup for them i think.
england wont make it past italy and uruguay in the groups.

I don't really support anyone but I think Spain will win. Not a fan in any way shape or form of the Socceroos (for a variety of reasons) and I agree with Mak's sentiments on our likelihood of success. However I do think that this is England's time to make a statement....they are my smokey.

reus joins ribery & falcao on the sidelines for the duration of the world cup. a real shame.
this is why i cant stand pointless friendlies. missing out because he played armenia in a scrub match...

I support Germany, Brazil will be hard to beat as they will thrive off the home support and advantage but I think Germany will win

are you german?
No only part, my grandparents are from germany. I took after them with who they supported, plus my favourite player played for Germany and Bayern Munich, Oliver Kahn. Thats why I follow them. How about you?

No only part, my grandparents are from germany. I took after them with who they supported, plus my favourite player played for Germany and Bayern Munich, Oliver Kahn. Thats why I follow them. How about you?

born and partially raised. hate bayern (theyre our man united), but kinda like that the majority of germany's starting XI play there. really helps with the cohesiveness of the national team.
nice pick for a fave player tho. possibly the greatest GK of all time...
my team is rot-weiss essen. but since we're dwindling away in the 4th div, i also support dortmund who are just down the road...

Last edited:
born and partially raised. hate bayern (theyre our man united), but kinda like that the majority of germany's starting XI play there. really helps with the cohesiveness of the national team.
nice pick for a fave player tho. possibly the greatest GK of all time...
my team is rot-weiss essen. but since we're dwindling away in the 4th div, i also support dortmund who are just down the road...
yeah you either follow them or hate them, agree it does help with the cohesiveness. in my eyes he is the greatest gk of all time. my cousins follow dortmund, I can't stand them but it makes for good competition amongst the family

im on belgium at $41 to 1. i did it before the group stages so id love to see them win, there my smokey though, but i cant go past argentina and brazil theyll be tough to beat. as for germany reus is a big loss for them, cant see them going as far without him

im on belgium at $41 to 1. i did it before the group stages so id love to see them win, there my smokey though, but i cant go past argentina and brazil theyll be tough to beat. as for germany reus is a big loss for them, cant see them going as far without him

41:1 is pretty fair i think for belgium to win the whole thing. theyre at about 20:1 at the minute, but i think theyre a little over-rated. my prediction is theyll go down to portugal in the round of 16.
hard to pass up a gamble at those odds tho i guess...

Don't know jack about betting but I do know that's good money!
I just organised the staff World Cup pool. I put the teams into groups - good teams, bad teams, and Australia.

Good thread BoondasH1, should create much discussion. I'll be supporting England and Australia as I was born in England and grew up in Australia.
As for England all I can hope is we get more goal line technology.
As for Australia all I can hope is Ange can be the next Guus.

I fancy one of the South American teams to be winners and grinners. Spain and Germany the best European nations. Ivory Coast the best African nation. Think all Asian teams will be out by round 1.

Far out only 1 and a day bit to go.

We'll defeat Chile, draw with the Dutch and lose to Spain.

Brazil to win, and Messi will continue to be unloved by his fellow countrymen.

Listening to Craig Foster on SBS is like listening to the 5AA broadcast of Crows or Port Adelaide games......"something will happen here for Australia....they're a chance here, Australia........Chile are panicking......"

Great effort by the lads and once again Timmy scores a goal for us =D>. It baffles me as to how Harry Kewell was awarded as the 'greatest ever socceroo'.

Mexico won 1-0 over Cameroon (they had a few goals disallowed due to offside)

Spain got hammered by the Dutch 5 - 1 Woooooo :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom