Fake????

Are you trying to be funny Jim? As noted in previous posts i have the COA letter from Dynamic for all three cards and I redeemed the one your calling "super dodgy" personally.
Funny? No! all I'm saying is that your right hand card looks super dodgy. Compared to your left card, my personal cards and even the one on ebay.

... the person who wrote the numbering on all Dyanamic signature card has/had quite distinctive writing.
Exactly! and your card on the right is nothing like the left and nothing like ones in my own collection. Whether it's right or wrong is not the debate. It looks dodgy. C'mon Owen, you have two cards with the same number, completely different hand writing and the number written is a completely different location on the card. If that ain't suss, I don't know what is!

You call out the seller and say it's fake (maybe it is?) but you back it up with something that to me looks far more dodgy.

You offered an opinion, so have I. In the end that's all it is - a personal opinion based on what our eyes see before us.
I'm not convinced you have "saved" anybody. That said, no COA = it's not worth anything anyway. Just another good card that has been defaced with scribble.

Regards, Jim

---------- Post added 20-01-2012 at 06:06 PM ----------

guys that card was 100% fake.... The seller changed the number after he found out there was 1500 cards , not 1000
What? he made a correction to his ebay listing after being informed it was actually 360 of 1500 and not 360/1000 as pointed out by Owen. So this in your opinion makes it 100% fake?
The person who numbered these cards at Dynamic could have simply been sloppy with the 5 (even written a "0" and than corrected it) I'm sure we have all done this with a date, word or number when writing.

I bet the seller removed it after fielding question and taunts from " so called experts" accusing him of all sorts. Seriously, Hope your never on a jury!

So basically your calling me liar. Not sure whats hard to understand when I have the redemption, COA and personally sent to to Dynamic and received it back from Dynamic your calling fake?? I explained the story with the second one. If your too naive to believe i dont really give a ****.

My discussions with the seller were no where near taunts. Here's the converation i had.

Dear peterwilson2012,

So you have the certificate of authenticity from Dynamic?

- chickathecat

Dear chickathecat,

I am going to take it offline until I find it.

Cheers

- peterwilson2012

So basically your calling me liar. Not sure whats hard to understand when I have the redemption, COA and personally sent to to Dynamic and received it back from Dynamic your calling fake?? I explained the story with the second one. If your too naive to believe i dont really give a ****.

My discussions with the seller were no where near taunts. Here's the converation i had.

Dear peterwilson2012,

So you have the certificate of authenticity from Dynamic?

- chickathecat

Dear chickathecat,

I am going to take it offline until I find it.

Cheers

- peterwilson2012

Jeez Owen,

I never called you a liar.
I never called the one on ebay a fake.
I never said you were the only person emailing the seller with opinions, taunts or questions.
I never said your "right card" was a fake.

I said it looks super dodgy. If you can't see that what's in front of your eyes I can't help you.
The hand writing is from a different hand and it doesn't look like all the other legit cards I have seen.

I'm still NOT saying it's a fake and I'm NOT calling you a liar. I'm still saying it "looks" super dodgy.
You say you have the COA. Cool! But I wouldn't buy that card from you.

If your going to call somebody out as selling a FAKE and ask for opinions here on the forum, don't get all bent out of shape when somebody points out the super obvious and offers up an opinion that may differ from your own.

Regards, Jim

---------- Post added 20-01-2012 at 07:06 PM ----------

If the seller has taken it offine (removed the auction) until he finds the COA because it has been pointed out to him by you.
Good on him and good on you. Doesn't sound like an "Evil Ebay" seller of FAKE signature cards to me. Sounds like an honest seller with possibly an honest card.

Not everybody has a 100% memory from 17+ years ago and even less spend their lives dedicated to collecting footy cards or making then a major part of their lives.
If I was putting money on it. I'd say the card is probably legit. In my eyes the written hand writing matches. I hope he does find the COA for it. But being a A4 piece of paper and looks like a letter, rather than a collectible card it may well of ended up trashed years ago. I know I had to hunt for my early COA because they weren't stored with my cards and I have moved quite a few times since 1994. (They're all together now!) found them with my ARL Coaches certificate and ARL refereeing ticket and other rugby league items I value.

BTW: Naive is something I most certainly am not. Try and have a conversation without the name calling and swearing. That should only be done in person.

Well i will post more close up pictures of the cards tommorrow. In the meantime if you have a theory on how i recieve a dodgy card direct from Dynamic with a coa then im open too it.

---------- Post added 20-01-2012 at 07:11 PM ----------

Your clearly wrong on that card. The seller told me twice he pulled it direct from a packet. How does that work? Feedback of zero so i cant really give the benefit of the doubt based on a good seller rating.

Well i will post more close up pictures of the cards tommorrow. In the meantime if you have a theory on how i recieve a dodgy card direct from Dynamic with a coa then im open too it.
You just can't let it go! Understand this: I NEVER said it was a FAKE. More likely than not the card for numbered by another staff member at Dynamic for you and is 100% legit. Are the COA's both the same persons hand writing/signature?

Really though, the second card you received should have been returned or destroyed. You claimed it based on poor Australia Post service and on it never arriving. Dynamic did the right thing replacing it so you would have (1) card. Still, so long as your not setting out to profit from it. It makes for an interesting story and sheds some insight on the inner workings of Dynamic Marketing.

Regards, Jim

---------- Post added 20-01-2012 at 07:24 PM ----------

---------- Post added 20-01-2012 at 07:11 PM ----------

Your clearly wrong on that card. The seller told me twice he pulled it direct from a packet. How does that work? Feedback of zero so i cant really give the benefit of the doubt based on a good seller rating.
Clearly wrong? Based on his memory. Remember series 1 signature cards from 1994 were pulled directly from packets. OK, so this is series 2 1994 and this was released only months after series 1. It was 17+ years ago, maybe he is a little confused after all this time? Face it, you can't prove it is legit or isn't and nor can I. We can only offer opinions based on what we see with our own eyes and our experience.

Instead of making the claim it's FAKE. You should have warned that without a COA and pointed out the dodgy "5" in the numbering that it is possibly a card to be avoided.

Even if it turns out to be legit, I would still warn people off it because of the dodgy number and not being clear. But I would 100% do the same for people looking at your "right side" card.

Regards, Jim

An entertaining read is this thread what it confirms to me is that this series is not one I am going to ever retrospectively collect. There is simply to much Dynamic funny business. I will of course pay "overs" for the St George cards of this series at some point in time, but that is a whole different story.

The other observation I take from it is that the tone of a flat txt replies can easily be taken out of context. When I read through it at no time did I think Jim was questioning onniels integrity simply saying what is visually obvious and that is the card on the right does not look like what we accept as being legitimate by picture alone (no COA) it looks like a card I would steer well clear of.

The final thing I take form this thread (with great humour) is the passion we fools that collect tiny bits of cardboard show towards our hobby..........

Cheers
Ross

The final thing I take form this thread (with great humour) is the passion we fools that collect tiny bits of cardboard show towards our hobby..........
Yes, it does make it sound a little like the nerds at a comic book shop checking out the latest super hero offering. I can assure you I don't mean any disrespect to anybody.
But I'm far from the comic book nerd. Still, rugby league is a life long passion and thus cardboard is part of me (also) ;)

Regards, Jim

oh i loved reading this thread at 6.30 in the morning with a rum in my hand lol cracked me up

the one of urs does look dodgy tho owen haha but we all know its real. wish dynamic were still around to answer the millions of questions weve got for them surrounding all their signature cards

but after seeing owens card it makes me wonder how many times it actually occured that they re-sent the cards out/ how many different dates there are for the COA's etc etc.

love the fact u managed to get two of the lambs mate. gotta be a super rare piece right there

Its a good story and a nice piece in my collection. Im glad everyone got a laugh at the posts.

I would have to say plenty of dodgy stuff went down at Dynamic signature wise. I have a set of the 1996 Signature Gold sigs and a set of the 1996 MVP sigs all the same number. The guy i bought them off told me that he had a mate at Dynamic that hooked it up for im. Not what you know who you know as they say.

I also have a set of 1996 MVP signatures that are all the same number.
But these were part of the fire sale - sell off as Dynamic were shutting down.

Regards, Jim

I know when futera was selling off a lot of their cricket cards you could buy complete numbered sets off them for a good price! We had a guy turn up at a card store with a massive box of cards......it was awesome!

Back
Top Bottom