Dodgy Email

BruzDB

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
Check out this steaming pile of horse crap I just got in my inbox.....

Greetings,

I am Mr Franklin Jumbo,an accountant at the auditing and accounting section of a prime Bank of Africa in Ghana.With due respect and regard I wish to seek your urgent assistance to transfer from the above mentioned bank, a Hugh amount of money. This money belongs to one of our late valued customers,(Mrs. Elaine Walker ) who died in a plane crash Egypt Air 990, in oct,1999.

This money was deposited in a non resident domiciliary account for the purpose of transacting a Gold business here in Ghana. Since her death, the fund has been lying dormant with the bank without any claim, either from her family or relation up to date.

I am contacting you to act as the bonafide next of kin to the deceased. There is no risk in this transaction, as all loop holes has been taken care of, and all necessary information as regards to this fund have been
secured.
Be notified that I am still working with the bank and it's only me and my colleagues that are aware of this development, thus treat this proposal as confidential and secret for our security.

I have served the bank faithfully for good number of years and 'am presently preparing for my retirement therefore, I see this as a golden opportunity to be comfortable in life after retirement.

As soon as this fund is secured into your account, I will come over for the collection of our due share.
The sharing mode is as follows: 25% for you the account owner, 70% for me and my colleagues ,while 5% will be set aside for expenses made during the transaction.

Below is the website of the plane crash that took the life of the account owner and her family:

EgyptAir 990 Passenger List, Passenger Manifest Released Nov. 1, 1999 - CBS News

Looking forward to hearing from you.

My Regards,
Mr Franklin Jumbo.

And the sad thing is those scammers have made MILLIONS off of people that clearly need to be taken out the back and shot as the level of intelligence of the planet will rise.

She isn't dead...she and a bunch of survivors are on a strange island with mysterious powers, inhabitants and a group of people known as "The Others". They are led by a crazy man called Hugh.

who has the time to type that sort of crap up and send it?????

And the sad thing is those scammers have made MILLIONS off of people that clearly need to be taken out the back and shot as the level of intelligence of the planet will rise.

nenjabin is right....sooooo many people still fall for these scams that it still makes it worth the time to write them up. I definitely not condoning the practice...but it only takes 1 foolish person out of a million people to make the scam worthwhile....and I'm tipping the rate would be higher than 1:1,000,000!!!
Imagine all the poor old grandmas and grandpas out there (and simple people too)...getting on the net for the first time...because the Bigpond guy on the telly said they should. They don't watch Today Tonight or ACA, where the rest of us learn about the scammers....bang they get a spam e-mail, think it's genuine and have sent half their life savings to help out the poor dears in Africa...and the promise that they'll get their money back with interest. :cry:

She isn't dead...she and a bunch of survivors are on a strange island with mysterious powers, inhabitants and a group of people known as "The Others". They are led by a crazy man called Hugh.

Are but does it really exist and due to it getting sillier and sillier if we just stop watching will it continue to exist?

So did you give them your details?? ;)

Check this out, my boss at work, he actually received on of these "emails" in a letter form, IN THE MAIL!!!!!

With a postage stamp worth about $4lb

Now they've obviously got money if they're sending out 10,000 of these suckers to everyone!!!

I wanna know how they can "scam" us out of money, when all they want is a bank account #.....

Back
Top Bottom