Celtics Vs. Lakers Nostaglic Finals Showdown

And we didn't have Rondo either.

And Bynum was in both games and had his ass haded to him by Perkins.

And this passion has been there for 25 years + Jza. Don't think its going away anytime soon. I can remember sitting at a pc listening to the Celts down by 30pts with Mercer and co and yelling because they turned it over LOL This was despite us being a 13 game winning team for the season.

I cant wait for this series......I Like both sides and would love to see Jackson win another ring but I think its the Celtics time this year!

“I’m really happy for Danny Ainge and the Celtics [team stats],” Bird said yesterday during a conference call with Magic Johnson in anticipation of this year’s NBA Finals between the Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers. “I’m looking forward to them winning another championship.”

:woot::D:v:

Only one more sleep...then it is ON people! With the 2-3-2 format, game 1 becomes a huge one. A win for the Lakers puts them in the driving seat. A win for the Smelts and they do what is expected. The pressure is well and truly on the home team.

How the Lakers handle Pierce is looming as the key in my mind...they don't really have an obvious match up for him. Talk is that Odom could get the assignment...or even Azaria, although he hasn't had enough game time to play himself into any kind of form.

To win, the Lakers need to do a couple of things:

- Fish needs to hit his jumpers. This will keep Rondo honest on D and stop him from playing the passing lanes.
- Gasol needs to play strong. Another 19 rb game would be nice! None of these Euro softly-softly moves...take your man hard to the hoop Pau!
- Contain Pierce. He loves playing the Lakers...we need to shut him down...fast.
- Box out hard. Utah showed what happens on the boards if there is no blocking out.
- Kobe. This is not the time for a 40 pt 1 assist night. Involve your team mates. Drive to the hoop to draw the fouls (see Utah series). Minimum 8 assists tonight please.
- Bench to provide support. That means Luke play some D, Sacha hit your shots and play D with intensity, and Farmar...hell, just play some proper ball Jordan.

One win in Beantown will put the Lakers in the drivers seat...don't forget Lakers have been strong at home lately and are undefeated in the playoffs at Staples.

Hoping above all that the playoff experience of Kobe and Fisher gives the Lakers the edge - Lakers to win 4-1.

GO LAKERS!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Only one more sleep...then it is ON people! With the 2-3-2 format, game 1 becomes a huge one. A win for the Lakers puts them in the driving seat. A win for the Smelts and they do what is expected. The pressure is well and truly on the home team.

How the Lakers handle Pierce is looming as the key in my mind...they don't really have an obvious match up for him. Talk is that Odom could get the assignment...or even Azaria, although he hasn't had enough game time to play himself into any kind of form.

To win, the Lakers need to do a couple of things:

- Fish needs to hit his jumpers. This will keep Rondo honest on D and stop him from playing the passing lanes.
- Gasol needs to play strong. Another 19 rb game would be nice! None of these Euro softly-softly moves...take your man hard to the hoop Pau!
- Contain Pierce. He loves playing the Lakers...we need to shut him down...fast.
- Box out hard. Utah showed what happens on the boards if there is no blocking out.
- Kobe. This is not the time for a 40 pt 1 assist night. Involve your team mates. Drive to the hoop to draw the fouls (see Utah series). Minimum 8 assists tonight please.
- Bench to provide support. That means Luke play some D, Sacha hit your shots and play D with intensity, and Farmar...hell, just play some proper ball Jordan.

One win in Beantown will put the Lakers in the drivers seat...don't forget Lakers have been strong at home lately and are undefeated in the playoffs at Staples.

Hoping above all that the playoff experience of Kobe and Fisher gives the Lakers the edge - Lakers to win 4-1.

GO LAKERS!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

So what you said is basically the Fakers need to play the 'perfect' game to beat the mighty Celts :rolleyes:

Are the Fakers wearing short shorts again??:lol: They were the sole reason they lost to us in LA last time remember :lol::wave:

Can you make a post without using the good old 'Fakers' line? It got old a looooong time ago, and I'm not talking about just these boards... :lol:

Big game tomorrow, anyone know why there's a 2 hour time slot for sportscenter, obvious guess would be a finals special and if that's the case, big build up to 11am, I'll be-a-watchin'!

Don't want to predict no outcomes, just hope we're on our A Game in Boston, will be a tough crowd. Chaddy's on point, if we can win one in Boston it's looking too good for us.

GO FAKERS!!!! :p BEAT THE SMELTICS!!! ;)

Hardly a perfect game. :blink:

Lakers execute correctly and meet a majority of these points, they will have a chance. To win on the Smelts' court will require an excellent game plan that the players stick to and deliver.

Lakers are literally and figuratively a different team to the one that played the C***s earlier in the season. I don't think shorts will make a difference...you do understand basic basketball knowledge, don't you? Or was my post too detailed for you? Maybe I should alter the post for you Smelts fans:

Lakers have to play well. If they score more than the Celtics they will win.

Better? :D

My 4 year old nephew says worse than that :lol:

You're 3 year old nephew (you can't even get his age right :D) is right into the NBA Finals. He begged to play basketball on his playstation last night, and said "I want to be the Lakers playing the Smeltics"...he doesn't know your team by any other name!
:p

You're 3 year old nephew (you can't even get his age right :D) is right into the NBA Finals. He begged to play basketball on his playstation last night, and said "I want to be the Lakers playing the Smeltics"...he doesn't know your team by any other name!
:p

Ooooohhhh...ahahaha...:woot:

You obviously don't get into the whole LA vs Boston like some to most fans do.

This is out and out war in my family and house and goes back nearly 3 decades. This is what us fans live for and for the opponent to be LA would make victory all that much more sweet. This is banter aimed at teams and not personal aimed at members (bar maybe me and my bro), but we know where we stand at least. If you don't get that then don't post about it or take part in it. Easy.

Easy man, I understand the whole rivalry!!! Lakers, Fakers, whatever. As you were. ;)

As a Lakers fan, I can't help but cringe every time I see the 'Fakers' lines, as so mnay poeple on the net throw it round, It just get's old is all I'm saying.

Anyway... :v:

GO LAKERS!!! :cool:

This week, *OZ and the other Laker fans are my brothers...:lol:

oohhhh we don't even share the last name now :lol:

Rivalry?? What rivalry?? More like pain.

Fakers over used? Well here's why. So much is made of the Lakers winning championships and playing against the Celts in the finals.

Well lets see. 10 matchups in total.

8 series wins to the Celtics..

2 wins to the Lakers...

To even call that rivalry is faking it ;);):lol:

Looking forward to the stat being 9-2 :thumbsup::v:

Oh and bro, bring your sunnies. The house is green and white throughout and the beer might even have a green tinge to it too! :woot:

Oh and bro, bring your sunnies. The house is green and white throughout and the beer might even have a green tinge to it too! :woot:

Laker Fan - Check

Celtic Fan - Check

Beer - Check :woot:

The fact that you guys are brothers, I can't even imagine how messy that could get. :lol:

Enjoy the rivalry fellas :thumbsup:

I can't even get my brothers to sit through a quarter of B Ball these days :p

Rivalry?? What rivalry?? More like pain.

Fakers over used? Well here's why. So much is made of the Lakers winning championships and playing against the Celts in the finals.

Well lets see. 10 matchups in total.

8 series wins to the Celtics..

2 wins to the Lakers...

To even call that rivalry is faking it ;);):lol:

Looking forward to the stat being 9-2 :thumbsup::v:

And exactly how many have you been alive to see????
You're living in the past my friend....I'll send you all my Jordan cards soon!!!:p:p;)

Not long to go now. Just came accross this video and it got me pumped up for Game 1, as if I wasn't already though!!!

[youtube]x9U72WJH5Rs[/youtube]

Let's get this party started! :woot: :D :woot: :D :woot:

Back
Top Bottom