Celtics Vs. Lakers Nostaglic Finals Showdown

Every championship team in History has done it as a team, not individual. Duncan had parker and manu, MJ had scottie... I'm no huge kobe fan, but I think the guy deserves credit for "leading" his team this far. He hasn't carried them, but has played a vital role, they would'nt be there without him.

Don't disagree with you Norm :)

Every championship team in History has done it as a team, not individual. Duncan had parker and manu, MJ had scottie... I'm no huge kobe fan, but I think the guy deserves credit for "leading" his team this far. He hasn't carried them, but has played a vital role, they would'nt be there without him.

Spot on...:thumbsup:

I guess I'm just sore at the little whinging girl syndrome Kobe had that got Shaq traded cause he wanted to be the main man and lead the team to a Cahmpionship. Those 2 together should have dominated it for years if Kobe could have been like Wade and shut his mouth and been willing to take the backseat...

Anywho, Celtics for me cause Celtics fans are more easy to bare :D

I guess I'm just sore at the little whinging girl syndrome Kobe had that got Shaq traded cause he wanted to be the main man and lead the team to a Cahmpionship. Those 2 together should have dominated it for years if Kobe could have been like Wade and shut his mouth and been willing to take the backseat...

lol

I think the Lakers will get it in a close series 4-3.

With just the odd one or two of them floating about I guess the odds are stacked against us 'one eyed' Kobe fans ;)

With just the odd one or two of them floating about I guess the odds are stacked against us 'one eyed' Kobe fans ;)

Them being Celtics fans? Actually I've seen so many Celts fans all year! But it's funny how all the Lakers fans suddenly came out of the woodwork in the last 2 weeks! Didn't know we had any til then :blink: Bandwagoners :p

Yep, them = Celtic fans. All I know from around this site is Chad, but yes there could be more, just haven't seen many. Not sure about bandwagon jumping, could be happening but me personally, on the bandwagon since Magic faced Mike. :v: I just never jumped off... :p

Yep, them = Celtic fans. All I know from around this site is Chad, but yes there could be more, just haven't seen many. Not sure about bandwagon jumping, could be happening but me personally, on the bandwagon since Magic faced Mike. :v: I just never jumped off... :p

Haha good stuff :) I meant more suddenly you guys found a voice after being silent all year ;) The Celtics team thread I just couldn't keep up with! haha :lol:

Cool. To be honest, I've only been active around here again since say three months ago. Never really seen the Celtics season thread. Something about the playoffs gets me back on the collecting bandwagon every season :lol: ;)

Cool. To be honest, I've only been active around here again since say three months ago. Never really seen the Celtics season thread. Something about the playoffs gets me back on the collecting bandwagon every season :lol: ;)

Don't worry you didn't miss much...the Celtics thread was just all bum-slapping and man-hugging anyway!!!:p

I had low expectations until Pau came on the scene!!!;)

I had low expectations until we finished top seed. Pau has been HUGE to say the least, pehaps the missing link. We'll know come mid June, but I don't think we'll really see the full effect until next season with Bynum back in. I'll have no doubts at all when back at full strength and health.

I still say/think we have a great chance at taking the title this season. The next four days will be the longest four days I've had to wait in awhile...

Would be nice to see KG, Pierce and Allen pick up their first rings but they've surprisingly really hobbled into these Finals. Kobe has been outstanding the entire Lakers run, just knocking down baskets practically every time they need it, and its hard to say that I've seen a post-Shaq Lakers team work quite so well together. They look real sharp, coming back from big deficits against the Spurs is no joke, and their composure under pressure is remarkable. I think this one will go the distance, but I think Mr 2008 Finals MVP Kobe and the Lakers will bring home the trophy in 6.

Looks like Tony Allen might miss the Finals... That's gotta be heart breaking for him really...

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers says Tony Allen might not be back from an injury to guard Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant when the NBA Finals begin Thursday night.

"It doesn't look good," Rivers said after practice on Monday. "He couldn't get through even the walkthrough portion."

Allen had some success against Bryant in the regular season, but the Celtics guard injured his Achilles tendon in a post-practice pickup game during the Eastern Conference finals and hasn't played since.

Allen started the regular-season game against the Lakers in Boston on Dec. 30 -- one of just 11 games he started this year -- and helped hold the NBA MVP to 22 points on 6-for-25 shooting.

"He's played good in two games against the Lakers," Rivers said. "But if he's not healthy, he's not healthy."

:woot: MY CELTS ARE IN THE NBA FINALS ONCE AGAIN!:worthy:

They are 8-2 in NBA finals against the Fakers overall :thumbsup:

Tony 'headcase' Allen is out of the series so there goes a chip to throw at Kobe and hold him like he has in the past #-o#-o

Kareem WAS a Lakers fan :lol:

Bill Walton is rooting for the Fakers :D:

Pierce always plays well at home in LA. :worthy:

and on and on I can go....:thumbsup:

Throw the Celts playoff record at me if you will. Its another series, the match ups change, format changes and right not both teams are NIL all despite what other series have done. Only one days rest diff between both teams as well but the series opens in Boston of course. The NBA's TOP team gets home court remember :D

This will not only be a great series for us Celtic and Faker fans it will be great to watch for ALL NBA fans. Perfectly scripted for the Celts to once again be a spoiler to Faker history. Deny Baylor a ring, Deny Wilt, Deny Lakers back to back, Deny Jackson another ring.

Basically this is the message we want to send the Fakers organisastion :fist::wave:

Bring on Friday night! The pizza menu is at the ready, beer chilling, ballons and streamers (green and white of course) going up and anticipation growing so much you will hear chants of Defense right around the world as Celtic fans unite and get involved!

Now lets get this place going. Celts fans and those not wishing to side with those Fickle Fakers talk matchups on the Celts thread. Others can head to that LA thread. And all the playground talk can go on here :thumbsup:

REMEBER to keep scores out of any but these threads. NO mentions of the game results are to be discussed on other threads as a fair proportion of fans will be waiting for the replay each night. I still have to run this place at times and log on to fix and help things out and wouldnt' be to happy to be tipped off :mad:

Oh...one last thing...

Kobe is a whiney douche bag :lol:

honestly....id like to see Boston win it. They havent won since 1987...and i would rather see a laker team fully healthy to win it. Not having Andrew Bynum playing to me is a huge loss....I'm dissapointed that he is unable to play, but give Gasol credit for his play. If Bynum was playing it would change the matchups.....Gasol and KG would matchup, Bynum and Perkins matchup....would be more interesting...

so yeah i want Boston to take it out...even though they have had a tough time these playoffs especially on the road..should be interesting for the Celtics in the 2-3-2 format

Oh man, love it Chad, love it!!!

You need the Black streamers too, member they changed colours...

Can't wait for this to start, I'm gonna be a few days behind in watching it, but I'll watch after I've seen the results.

Still not sure who I want to win, but I hope there's a good series made of it. Champioship Basketball, right here!!!!

jesus tap dancing christ, thats the first post ive ever read from chad that has actually scared me.

hope that passion still is on display when they get rolled 4-1 though. ;)

someones probably mentioned it already but what was the regular season record between these 2 teams?

jesus tap dancing christ, thats the first post ive ever read from chad that has actually scared me.

hope that passion still is on display when they get rolled 4-1 though. ;)

someones probably mentioned it already but what was the regular season record between these 2 teams?

Celtics 2-0..Mind you that was with out Bynum i think??And with out Gasol.....

Back
Top Bottom