Celtics Vs. Lakers Nostaglic Finals Showdown

A few random thoughts as I watch the game roll out. I first teared up when KG came back in the game with 10 to play (Thanks Doc). It wasn't the last time

I think the 'BIG 3' slogan should be put to bed - I like the BIG 12 (dirty dozen?)

If u think KG only shows up at home - you're an ass. Go and watch the defensive end.

I've been wondering what to do when I get to 100 #21 cards. My mind is very close to being made up.

Just seen the Doc 'Trophy sequence - "I don't wanna touch it until I have it - then I can touch it whenever I want to......" - that was magic....

The KG/Pierce/Doc Hug moment - Magic

Watching KG hug every member of the staff as the game was going on - magic

Doc looked good in a pink shirt.

KG - best interview - ever - Great to see Bill Russell there - that man - what can u say

Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Danny Ainge, Doc Rivers and everyone one in Green. Thank you. Thank you.

Well it's 11.29 now and all the celebrations have finished on tv. I bought a 6 pack for a mate who helped me out coaching a school sports team and unfortunately I've drunk it all. Sorry Barry, will fix u up!!! The bottles were green!!

As I followed KG career, like many fans I thought he'd never get there. He's not the perfect player but my god - he plays with heart and passion. Does he pass too much? - yes, but he's gives it his all. He's a champion. He's a champion and watching him looking so happy and with the shoutout to 'Sota - just @#$%^#$^ awesome.

As a sports fan I've been long suffering, just mention All Blacks and the word choke comes to mind. '87 when I was 14 they won the world cup. Now I'm 34. I follow Man City (last trophy 1976), obviously all NZ teams and KG. It's not easy but this has been euphoria.

Congrats to all long time Celtics fans. I'm not one of those and never pretend to be but I feel your elation.

U other guys might need a bucket after that!!!

That's all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats not a bad read even it had to come from a new zealander:lol:jk al,im not a celts fan either,but i loved watching them all year and the playoffs!

one that comes to mind is chad well done mate,its going to be a ripper hangover tommorow or the next day:lol::D

well done celtics:D:D

"I got my own. I got my own. I hope we made you proud."

-- Celtics forward Kevin Garnett talking to 11-time NBA champion Bill Russell immediately after the game

Chad will be here, he was still in hyper mode when I left him about 10 minutes ago.

Wow, what an absolute demolition job by the Celts. Creamed the Lakers in every facet of the game, from start to finish. D-fence wins championships. Simple.

I'm out partying! And I'm with Bob! In between the ex Primin hitting on anything with tits he said.

"Any boss that
sacks an employee for taking today off is a bum!".

21 Years on the waiting and WE DO IT WITH STYLE! :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

**** yeah!!!:woot::woot::D:D:D

What can you say...I've finally calmed down enough to be able to type, sent off a thousand sms's and now you lot cop it! LMAO

As the basketball expert I think I am what can I say about that win??

Not one bad thing!

IF this was a regular season game the whiteboard would simply read....

"Do what we did last game"!

Almost......Actually the perfect game of basketball!

Did it on both ends, came out from the get go with intensity AND composure afte Kobe hit some big threes and simply 48 mins of execution that we wanted!

Defens wins titles and BOY was that defense!

The Lakers were just rattled and we took them WAY out of their game and I hope Laker fans dont' get into the 'we played ****' sort of thing.

My sms from my bro I should point out was. "Well the best team won" Good to see how we can hate each others teams but in person and on the boards we can go at it and keep it real as well.

ohhhh mannn......

I cracke the championship beer with 2.30 mins to go. And for those beer experts it was a 1996 coopers vintage covered in green and white streamers just wating for a special occasion!

Just dont know what to do now.. Just in a daze of how far we have come in 12 months.

Losing the draft to this in that time....

Number 17!

Hondo's number!

In 6 games!

Russell's number!

Can this place go green and white for a little while G??

Surely this is better than my birthday!

bob1.jpg

Whooooo Hooooooooooooooooo!

Deep breath!

Don't think I'll sleep tonight boys....Damn shame this isn't a friday night. Already committed to riding tomorrow with a hangover but what a hangover! :thumbsup:
I must be hard to live with so hats off to Tighty Whiteys for putting up with my **** over the past year just like so many other years. Like on Saturdays in Feb playing the Pistons and me listening to the Celts broadcast even though we should of been out the door 30 mins ago because..."This in an important game!" to the amount of Celts stuff I have out on display all year round the house currently with streamers, jersey, pennents, stickers, ballons, cards and the such :lol::lol::lol:

RONDO!

C'mon peeps! How good was the little fella today! How aggressive on BOTH ends!
:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Me and Doc felt Ray should of got MVP but Paul got it for getting the wins. With Ray though it would of been too far gone for even Paul to save...

And Bye bye Lakers..:wave::wave:
Ohh man one year too late for Red to see..:(:(:(

Hondo set a team record for being show on a finals telecast for retired player! :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Pierce..... Clutch! Leadership!
KG....Solid
Ray....MVP in my eyes!
Rondo....Best clincher game I could of asked for!
Perk....I hope you get your dues dude! Underated to the max!
Powe.....Workman like hero..
Posey....Clutch again!
PJ...Huge when we needed you and did no wrong.
TA...When your number was called you delivered! Nice dunk TA!
Sam...HUGE when we needed you to advance...Leadership despite..um yeah.
Big BABY!...So happy you got on court today and :worthy::worthy::worthy:
Scal...DOC WHY NO SCAL TODAY!! :mad::mad:
House!!!! Eddie the ultimate role player along with Posey :worthy:
Lets keep this team together Wyc! :wave::thumbsup:

Luxury tax smucxury tax...

I'll send you money! :thumbsup:

NUMBER 17 PEEPS!

9-2 vs the Lakers in the finals...

Now is that a rivalry these days for anyone except Lakers fans...

Damn that 85 series hurt though.... I met Kareem a few years ago and my first words were about that series and he even close to a decade later he still looked up and smiled and said.."ahh you must be a Celtics fan"....

All we need now is for Doc to do a Riley and promise back to back!

And lastly congrats to Lakers fans on here.

Been a good series boys.. insults, slurs, etc etc.. all we expected from a LA vs Boston series an played out in great spirit. I wish the NBA was like this ever year.

I almost feel the need to create the official Celtics thread here.....geez....talk about the Celtics man love going on here!

We havent seen anything like this since.......um, well......nevermind.

Great win by the Celtics!

Cheers
Matt

Well at least my ranting, raving and preaching are in the two correct threads LOL

Now back to my chants of Defense, Defense!

Speaking of defence, the DPOY, Kevin Garnett, doing his thang...damn, Gasol plays like a little girl sometimes. One handed tie up on Gasol, embarassing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3rDsgHJEeI]YouTube - NBA Playoff Final: Kevin Garnett PAWNS Pau Gasol!![/ame]

Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Congrats To The Celts!!

This is so awesome!!! So glad to see KG finally win a ring & pierce too, it must be sweet being a lifetime celtic.... monster game by Rondo..... that kid's gonna be good alright!!

Once again, congrats to the Celts!!!

I just watched the game again and it was so good to see my man Glen Davis get on court!!!

Although I'm a Lakers supporter, I've like Glen Davis since his days at LSU!!! Too bad he went to Boston! haha!!!

Nah but its cool for him to get the championship in his rookie year!!! Thats nuts!!!

Another congrats to KG, Ray and Pierce who finally got what every player wants... A RING!!!

and like Chad... I believe Ray Allen deserved MVP honours!!!!

He's the truth!!

Back
Top Bottom