Cases of 2011 NRL Champions

are the sig cards a better quality card compared to the others within this set?

Even the Sig cards still feel paper thin like the Tele cards, which explains what someone was saying earlier about printing in China now and by the same company.

Box 10:

Half a rubber band (seriously in a packet) - Up for Trade :)

Rookies:
Gareth Widdop
Dane Hogan
Mose Masoe
Simon Dwyer

Stardom Gem:
Scott Bolton (think i have at least 5 of him now)
Keiran Foran

Rookie Sensation:
Ryan James

Star Signature:
Shaun Kenny-Dowall #165/600

scan0009-4.jpg

This one is perfect, no sign of fading at all.

-___- 3 autos well done mate. will probably get a set of them now. with your other case.

Box 11:

Rookies:
Mitch Rivett
Joel Romelo
James Stuart
Blake Lazarus

Stardom Gem:
Lachlan Coote
Mark Gasnier

Rookie Sensation:
Nathan Gardner

Will post a results recap after the last box just to show how much off the master set a case was compared to how much it would have been in previous years when inserts were ordered and not random.

OK, so here is a comparison between last years and this years results on purchasing a case and what percentage of a master set you get.

Parallel Diecuts 195 (1:1) - 432 in a case - inserted sequentially so guarenteed 2 complete sets with some leftovers
Impact Signatures 64 (1:6) - 72 in a case - bit over a complete set per case
Sensation Gems 32 (1:12) - 36 in a case - bit over a complete set per case
Mascot Gems 16 (1:24) - 18 in a case - bit over a complete set per case
Diamonds 8 (1:72) - 6 in a case - 2 short of a set per case

So purchasing a case you are 2 diamonds (and one case card) from a master set

2011: (Using this case i just opened as an example)

Parallel Cards 196 (1:1) - 432 in a case - not inserted sequentially - Sorted them into teams, have only looked at the Tigers as an example but i'm 4 cards short of a team set for the Tigers. THAT'S RIGHT, 432 cards and not a complete set, not even a complete Tigers Team Set. 8 cards and 14 doubles for the Tigers, i assume similar numbers for all teams.
NRL Rookies 59 (1:9) - 48 in a case - Theoretically 11 short of a set? Nope, in a case i got 37 singles and 11 doubles
Stardom Gems 18 (1:18) - 24 in a case - Theoretically one set and 6 doubles? Nope, in a case i got 12 singles and 12 doubles (upto 4 of one card)
Rookie Sensations 15 (1:36) - 12 in a case - 3 short of a set. I got 7 and 5 doubles
Star Signatures 8 (1:144) - 3 in a case - Got 3.

So as you can see, it's a lot harder to pick up a master set now and i wouldn't be surprised to see prices on eBay for team sets and inserts to rise a little accordingly. Like i mentioned earlier, i think there are going to be a few sellers who went ahead and pre-sold team sets and inserts that might find themselves in a bit of a pickle today.

Also finished that case with 10 damaged parallel cards, 2 damaged NRL Rookie cards and 1 star signature with the noticeable line through it.

Every year you get the odd parallel cards that are a bit bent or peeling... not too drastic, normally the other inserts are ok though, im sure select will replace the rookies for you in any case.

Every year you get the odd parallel cards that are a bit bent or peeling... not too drastic, normally the other inserts are ok though, im sure select will replace the rookies for you in any case.

10 Isn't bad, wasn't looking pretty after i had 8 in the first 2 boxes.

The odd parallel every year can be an understatement though, last year i had about 500 of them.

Back
Top Bottom