Become an OZCT Premium Member

Sorry, though I have no issues contributing to the site as I find it honest and very stable, the banners are the reason I wont contribute. I would use that space for people who have 100+ 200+ and upwards of good trades.

It does segregate and makes it more of a club to the public in general. Marketing, it can be a good thing or bad, however I just don't feel right having one as everyone should have the same. Its an earned banner, not something you get because you dip into your pockets. If this changes, I will be more then happy to add to the coffers, until then, sorry, I wont.

I think the idea was more so for the mods to show a little appreciation by acknowledging each persons support! I highly doubt that their intention was to make something that could be potentially cause upset!

In saying that, I agree with you Mike, and others, that it would not be fair to those you can't afford it to 'possibly' be looked down upon.

Having a 'like' from Graham is enough recognition for me to feel I am helping, dont need the banner. Although a Durant Tag /2 would help even more ;) nudge nudge

I like the idea of mass positive fb banner too

Costs for the site arent pretty. For the server I pay $220 a month ($2640 a year) plus $200 a year for a CDN bandwidth to help speed up the site (as we chew through more bandwidth these costs will only increase). It costs $150 or the outlay for this forum software, $50 a year for licence renewal for upgrades, $50 for the search feature (which is great and noone has probably noticed - try searching for "1/1" - it now brings up results which the old software actually didn't) + $35 a year for upgrades. $100 for the new feedback system that will be rolled out this week (hopefully). The boxes that I plan to give away aren't free (but donations are great - that comes down to the generosity of the members) I'd love to do some nice boxes each month for the guys who choose to support the site. There's shipping from the US to here then shipping onto the winners. There's probably plenty more I haven't thought of.

(EDIT - my wife will kill me for forgetting the $3500 spent on a new Dell server last year. As we grow this will need to be expanded and added to to be able to handle the load. Oh and $120 a month for a backup server. We all have seen what happens when you get hacked and don't have backups ;))

At the end of the day, if you want to support the site - thank you. If you choose not to, thank you also. Without all the members who come back here day after day after day this place wouldn't be what it is today. We aren't going to treat Premium members any differently, apart from us being able recognise them with a small banner under their name and giving them a chance to win prizes every month as our way of saying thanks for supporting us.

I'll send you some details today! Cheers

G

So in the past were you paying all of this out of your own generosity? What was the outlay for the site back in 2005, when I first joined up the old site (what was it called originally?) and then when it changed to this site?

Another thing you should do - write a short history about the site as a page, so people know where and how this site started.

Ersk

Just got around to getting it done.Great stuff you guys & top self service by the Admin's.

The banners under the name is my way of acknowledging and thanking the members who contribute to this site. It is not my intention to upset anyone or make anyone feel excluded. If any member makes another member feel uncomfortable or make fun of them because of a banner (or lack of) under their username, please let me know and I will take care of it.

I've taken some feedback onboard and made the banner not so "in your face" while still allowing me to show my appreciation.

If you can give me a gold banner without the writing on it, I will meet you half way. I wish to contribute some $$$ as running the site would be costly and also I do support what we are all doing with this great site.

If you can give me a gold banner without the writing on it, I will meet you half way. I wish to contribute some $$$ as running the site would be costly and also I do support what we are all doing with this great site.

Thanks Michael

I've added a choice that gives the option of having no banner. Still gives access to the Premium Members forum but no banner will come up under your name.

If anyone else who has already signed up wishes to transfer to this option please let me know.

Cheers
Graham

awesome system, $5 a month to be involved with such a great site and be involved with top members and a great community is a no brainer...more than happy to contribute...

Well, Just when I was going to sign up Mum says she needs a dash mat for the new car?! $60 later bye bye paypal and yearly subscription. Sorry guys! Will look at signing up after my next lot of sales.

Back
Top Bottom