Beckett Grading ruined my card!!!!!!!

hairyangryfella

Tag Team Quads 93/94
Real Name
Graeme
I won this Wilt Chamberlain INKredible auto off ebay - wilt chamberlain inkredible autograph - eBay (item 170659656508 end time Jun-29-11 08:50:19 PDT) - the seller stated it was mint, SBF who received it said it was gem mint. I was always going to send it to be graded and he was pretty confident it would get a high grade.

So he packaged it up exactly as per the Beckett guidelines and sent it off. Today I get this horrible email:

"Hello. I'm so Pissed right now, I don't know how your going to take it. I received the Wilt in the mail today. I swear to God when I had it here it was in mint condition I sent it out just the way they ask for it to be sent in a holder and two pieces of cardboard to hold it securely in the box. I get it the mail today from FedEx it has a light crease down the center and graded a 4!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I know the you spent a lot on it so I made damn sure it was packaged perfectly. I can not believe this. All other grades are 9.5 and the auto is a 10. I swear that light crease was not there when I mailed this package off to them."

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::yellow::yellow::yellow:
And then to and fro emails from there I suggested that maybe Beckett damaged it themselves (rather than USPS like he was thinking) and he said:

"It looks as if it was damaged like they pulled the piece of cardboard up and it put the crease down the middle. That's exactly what it looks like now that brought that up. That is how they wanted it sento them and they don't know how to handle the cards like that. I will be in contact with them aswell. I'm going to try and find out a phone number for them.I don't wanna be doing *expletive* emailing back and forth with them I want to talk to somebody on the phone about this absolute outrage."

So he has tried to call and has left a message. Says he'll be calling them tomorrow until he gets hold of someone. I am just so absolutely devastated that the people grading your valuable cards don't even know how to unpack their own suggested way of packing, and damage your item!!

that is f'in BULL .. such a rare expensive card and they treat it like a pippen pmg! hopefully SBF can sort it out and get u re-emburst or something... or even an apology!!.. but whats they bet.. they gonna blame the way it was packaged or something.. man even this has got me fired up.. MUTHA @$@#@#@$$@#@#

I have a card I want to get done. Think Ill take it in person after reading this. Its ridiculous sorry to hear that it happened they had better reimburse you.

That's ****ing devastating man, I hope you can find some resolution on this.
I don't have any but the idea of sending in a high end card has always bothered me, the idea of somebody else's..well, apparent incompetent hands is very off putting.

That's crap! Makes you think twice about sending in highend cards! Was it insured?

I think Matt said at the time of sending it off that he'd put $1500 insurance on it

That's ****ing devastating man, I hope you can find some resolution on this.
I don't have any but the idea of sending in a high end card has always bothered me, the idea of somebody else's..well, apparent incompetent hands is very off putting.

SBF did exactly what was required as per the instructions on the site. I hold him at no fault. This is Beckett - they screwed the card when unpacking it, still graded it, and sent me back a heartbreaker

At least you should be able to get some $ back! Hard to find a nice auto of his in good condition though!

Why couldn't this have happened a week ago? I've just sent in my entire Payton collection for slabbing!

Hope something gets done about this mate, i think SBF calling them is the best bet explaining the situation. Im glad i have high res photo's of all the cards i sent now but the worry will be with me untill they arrive :yellow:

All sounds dodgy to me. It's an amazing card and have been looking to get one myself. I'm curious as to why the guy on eBay selling it didn't get it graded before selling. As he was quick to blame BGS . I have seen these light creases in cards surfaces and they can't always be seen in photos. Either way a very bad situation mate. Hope it gets sorted.

All sounds dodgy to me. It's an amazing card and have been looking to get one myself. I'm curious as to why the guy on eBay selling it didn't get it graded before selling. As he was quick to blame BGS . I have seen these light creases in cards surfaces and they can't always be seen in photos. Either way a very bad situation mate. Hope it gets sorted.

This isn't on the seller at all. He seems to be a noob, and asked me to let him know what it came back as.
SBF said it was Gem Mint, he's the one who sent it to be graded, and now there's a crease - I think he'd have noticed. Working on him getting me a scan.

Wow this is not good, although when it comes to BGS horror stories it only seems to be when one card is sent away so something is breaking down in the process somewhere when BGS only get one card submissions.

Nick, I have sent away 57 cards to be graded in lots of 10, 17 & 30 and have never had any problems. Our group submission was in lots of 27 & 33

I wish you all the best in getting this sorted G.

Oh true. Will be interested in seeing the pics after being graded. I've personally had about 40 cards graded by bgs who send an email of grades given before sending cards back and had no problem but human error can happen and if the grading company did damage It and not admit fault that is shameful.

Back
Top Bottom