Technology in card grading - TAG

skip20

The (un)official PC Showdown Special Comments Guy
Real Name
Skip
Just saw this video and were keen on what the hobbyists have to say... I have to admit, those slabs look real clean and the scans and breakdown of the grade seems pretty legit.

For those just interested in seeing how they disclose how the card graded what it did and revealign teh detected flaws that kicks off at the 5m 40s mark.

@GarnettFan4Life this is the type of vid that seems right up your alley!

yes, yes, yes all well and good.....but what do you think of them? lol

Oh! lol

LOVE the TAG slab and the printing on the actual acrylic so no label.

Price is $25/card atm so not too bad.

1000 point grade scale seems excessive though.

Might be #4 at the moment still and I still can't see them ever competing for #1 or being around forever but they have a chance and more than I believed HGA and any of those covid startups had.

PSA
SGC
BGS
TAG
CGC

I'd do a few PC cards that might look cool in the totally see through case but I wouldn't do anything else as a long term hold Or expect a huge increase in value once graded.

Last edited:
Oh! lol

LOVE the TAG slab and the printing on the actual acrylic so no label.

Price is $25/card atm so not too bad.

1000 point grade scale seems excessive though.

Might be #4 at the moment still and I still can't see them ever competing for #1 or being around forever but they have a chance and more than I believed HGA and any of those covid startups had.

PSA
SGC
BGS
TAG
CGC

I'd do a few PC cards that might look cool in the totally see through case but I wouldn't do anything else as a long term hold Or expect a huge increase in value once graded.
I like them, but for the same reason PSA is hobby standard will keep guys liek TAG from being large players and getting a foot in the door.

Depends on yoru grading criteria for the slabbers (pun not intended!) but I quite like the way CGC goes about their business, old CSG slabs look worst of all though imho. SGC would probably be the one to fall for me.

Yeah the old guys have such a head start with experienced graders, population reports and capital it’s insane. Nat Turner was the absolute perfect person to lead a takeover of Collectors Universe and lead them into the next phases. Very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom