Back to the hobby; experiences and questions

IGrokSpock

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mike
Today a box of boxes arrived at the door.

First up was two boxes of Topps 2003 Baseball. Evidently they had all stuck together, based on the first few packs. I've written the seller to see if there's a returns policy, but it's somewhat disappointing overall.

Then came the basketball stuff. 94-95 Fleer series 2, the set on which I first engaged this hobby. I've come out with a few complete regular sets, as well as a bunch of nice inserts. Now I'll have the joy of hunting down the gaps in the sets. I've missed this a lot and shall be doing it again.

I've come out of this with a few questions. Firstly, what are people's experiences with buying sealed boxes and finding cards stuck together? Secondly, how do people usually like to get trades sorted?

1. It's more commonly in the 90's stuff. I go to a place in Melbourne that sells 1996 USA Olympic Baksetball cards. I often buy a couple, and their stuck together. Have never had any issues with Panini card being stuck together though.
2. If you find a card you want from someone, PM that guy and ask "are you trading and who do you PC?"
If you have cards of someone he PCs and he doesn't have it, Bingo! You have a trade.

Older cards do tend to stick together because of the type of glossy finished that was used. The easiest way to get around this without peeling some of the image off (otherwise known as chipping) is to tap the un-opened pack on a hard surface, then flex it. the cards will come apart without any chipping or damage.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've now opened all of the basketball stuff, assembled a few sets and it's all ready to go should anyone ever want a set of non-insert cards.

Back
Top Bottom