Absolutely SICK patches thread

Boom..! The GOAT and the KING!

20200608_162851.jpg

With the winner being crowned tomorrow, this is what I've come up with so far. It's a scale of patch grading everyone should be using by now, the HPGS (Hacka Patch Grading System) :lol:. Tags are out, just patches are in. If there are multiple patches the score given will be an average of all patches. Only one entry chosen per participant. If a winner decides not to want the prize, the prize will be offered to the next in line and so on.
Centering: How it looks on the card, subjective score /10
Shape: How the patch actually looks, subjective score /10. If it's curvy, has some nice directional changes, is a part of some type of logo it will get a higher score.
Matches the picture of the player: I'm of the opinion all patches should match the uni depicted. 10 if it matches, 5 if it doesn't but is the same team, 0 if not the same team
Game-used: Game-used gets 10, event worn gets 5, manufactured gets 0
Colour breaks: How many times the patch changes colour, either vertically or horizontally. 10 points for 6 or more, 8 for 5, 6 for 4, 4 for 3, 2 for 2, and 0 for 1.
Amount of colours: 10 points for 5 or more, 7 for 4, 4 for 3, 1 for 2

Each score out of 70 will be adjusted to a percentage score.

Finalist 1 @kiwi_in_melb
dwight.jpg

Centering: 10
Shape: 10
Matches the picture of the player: 5
Game-used: 10
Colour breaks: 10
Amount of colours: 4
= 49/60 = 81.67%

Finalist 2 @TheCardMan
bledsoe.png

Matches the picture of the player: 10
Game-used: 5
= 49/60 = 81.67%

Finalist 3 @Parrapaul
trae.jpeg

Shape: 7
Amount of colours: 7
= 44/60 = 73.33%

Finalist 4 @Ardog
doug.jpg

= 44/60 = 73.33%

Finalist 5 @suihon
triple.jpeg

Colour breaks: 8
= 44/60 = 73.33%

Finalist 6 @wasportsfan1
lma.jpg

Centering: 7
= 51/60 = 85.00%

Finalist 7 @Jordan_Cards_Fan
lbj mj.jpg

Colour breaks: 8
= 49/60 = 81.67%

Finalist 8 @nichj99
manimal.jpeg

Shape: 8
Amount of colours: 7
= 55/60 = 91.67%

These are all amazing, as well as others that haven't been through the HPGS treatment as well. I think I might just poll the patches that got over 80% and let the public decide the best one! It's not too late to add an entry if any of these can be beaten!

Last edited:
Looks like that's it, thanks everyone there's been some amazing patches come out of the woodwork. Decided to award 4 prizes, in order of importance.

The clear winner of the inaugural HPGS award with a whopping 91.67% rating is.....

@nichj99 with the Manimal Prime Silo!!!!! Also, Josh really deserves the title because he posted a HEAP of awesome patches on the thread!
manimal.jpeg

Second place goes to my personal favorite, which I have chosen @wasportsfan1 LaMarcus Aldridge Immaculate Team Logos. This what a patch should be, it takes you there. The patch matches the uni, and even the small pic of LMA on the left reflects the patch, it's like the patch is a magnifying glass image of a part of his jersey in the picture. ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON!
lma.jpg

Third place goes to the craziest patch. Forget whether it's game used or not, even not part of an in game item. The clear winner is @Ardog with his McBuckets Bulls Logo. How often are you ever going to see a basically complete Bulls head on any patch card??? AMAZING!
doug.jpg

Fourth place goes to the first person who posted. The one who jumped on it straight away to get the ball rolling which is @Paul_Ambrey . Also a really sweet patch that's crammed a bunch of colours and breaks into a small patch window! NICE!
VINCE.jpg

Prizes are below. I thought it would be fitting that the prizes are all patches. First place chooses 1 first, then second place chooses 1 then so on until fourth. To keep it legit, please type the card you have chosen in the thread and then send me a PM with postage details. @nichj99 , you're up!

Photo 14-6-20, 9 24 52 am.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom