F1 2023 Topps Chrome Legend Mailday!

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Hi everyone,

As a huge F1 fan (especially from the halcyon days of the late 80's & early 90's) I was happy that Topps added some legendary drivers into its latest 2023 Topps Chrome F1 release.

Even better that they added my favourite driver of all time Ayrton Senna!

He has a couple of cards in the release but this one is probably my favourite - its the SSP image variation refractor. These fall 1:469 packs or 1:24 boxes and with 10 in the set, they are very limited.

Was hard to get a good photo of it but this was the best I could do!

IMG_7702.JPG

I may have gone a little crazy on some of the other cards in this release which i'll have to wait for SMC to send over at some point but for now very happy with this one!

Cheers
Matt

Nice pick up!

(Also a big F1 fan, long suffering Williams fan since '91)

Thanks!

For what its worth Nigel Mansell has some great cards in the Chrome Release along with a Patch Auto in Topps F1 Dynasty which may be of interest to you!

Use to be a big fan of Damon Hill as well!

One of my old employers on a global basis sponsored the Williams Team.

They were the #1 sponsor for Williams for many years and then Rothmans came in and put up huge dollars for it.

So they decided instead of sponsoring teams, my old company started sponsoring tracks/events instead.

Hi everyone,

As a huge F1 fan (especially from the halcyon days of the late 80's & early 90's) I was happy that Topps added some legendary drivers into its latest 2023 Topps Chrome F1 release.

Even better that they added my favourite driver of all time Ayrton Senna!

He has a couple of cards in the release but this one is probably my favourite - its the SSP image variation refractor. These fall 1:469 packs or 1:24 boxes and with 10 in the set, they are very limited.

Was hard to get a good photo of it but this was the best I could do!

IMG_7702.JPG

I may have gone a little crazy on some of the other cards in this release which i'll have to wait for SMC to send over at some point but for now very happy with this one!

Cheers
Matt
I'm guessing you have seen the movie about Senna's life simply titled "Senna"?

It's really well done and is haunting in the way it portrayed the last 48 hours of his life - the concern about that part of the track, premonitions, etc. However, the morbid reality of those moments were outweighed by the overall tone of the film which documents his family life and his rise through the go-karting ranks and F3

I'm not a massive F1 fan though I do enjoy watching it and I can see how people would get caught up in it as there is so much more going on that a casual observer would be unaware of.

I'm guessing you have seen the movie about Senna's life simply titled "Senna"?

It's really well done and is haunting in the way it portrayed the last 48 hours of his life - the concern about that part of the track, premonitions, etc. However, the morbid reality of those moments were outweighed by the overall tone of the film which documents his family life and his rise through the go-karting ranks and F3

I'm not a massive F1 fan though I do enjoy watching it and I can see how people would get caught up in it as there is so much more going on that a casual observer would be unaware of.
Was a great movie and a new doco being done on him soon as well!

Back
Top Bottom