2013 NRL Finals discussion thread

not putting money where my mouth is, but his contracted to hunter sports and tinkler has gone from a billionaire to what he probably considers as next to nothing. and 1 million a year he can save by parting ways with bennet. especially if they win the big one christ he owes him another million.

yep Girds you are correct... Bennett is contracted to Hunter Sports and if reports of Tinklers wealth shrinking drastically then if he could save a million im sure he would do it!

Rumour doing the rounds as probably have heard is Bennett to Nth Qld, Bennett chased Cameron King real hard last year, now Dragons have released him to the cowboys, maybe Bennett gets his man finally, considering the cowboys have no coach yet, they're still buying players, maybe Bennett is liaising with Ben IkIN who is on the board at Nth Qld...

makes sense, wouldve made more sense if they signed boyd to replace bowen ahah. then it wouldve been a guarantee

Just putting it out there. Titans beat the Roosters in Round 25 with 1.5 million dollars sitting on the bench. We only just went down to Storm in golden point with even less players on the field. We beat the Dogs by 10 in Round 22. Refereeing screwed us in Round 24 against the Warriors. I wish we could have been in the top 8. We may have done alright if a few boys had come back from injury, the young guys really showed some guts towards the end of the season. Rounds 16 - 20 were our let down this year.

not putting money where my mouth is, but his contracted to hunter sports and tinkler has gone from a billionaire to what he probably considers as next to nothing. and 1 million a year he can save by parting ways with bennet. especially if they win the big one christ he owes him another million.

makes sense, wouldve made more sense if they signed boyd to replace bowen ahah. then it wouldve been a guarantee

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...with-the-cowboys/story-fni3gf5j-1226729516935

Pay up Girds.

lol means nothing. look at stuart? never spoken to canberra, two days later hes signed a million dollar contract and it all happened a month prior.

What a shame it was to see Danny Buderus career end in such circumstances.
A great club man for the knights and one of rugby leagues great ambassadors..... Always gave 100% on and off the field.
Deserved a better ending.
Congrats on a fantastic career.

Last edited:
What a shame it was to see Danny Buderus career end in such circumstances.
A great club man for the knights and one of rugby leagues great ambassadors..... Always gave 100% on the field.
Deserved a better ending.
Congrats on a fantastic career.
I agree with everything you said Dave about Danny what a great roll model for Knights supporters Except Them winning the Game Go The Roosters:)

Gotta keep up this banter Ross. We might be an unruly bunch of supporters but its good to have something to cheer about clubwise on the field. The dragons downward spiral after winning a GF is almost as legendary as your 11 straight. If your club had as much spirit as your supporters they might actually make some progress on the field but it seems to be buy a GF and then let the supporters/club suffer post GF. Hardly a sustainable approach to the job at hand.:p

Cheers Curtis

Been away for school holidays, I'm not sure about the buying a GF comment though... did it with basically an aging roster and with Bennet taking many players with him we have then entered the rebuilding phase. 2011 knocked out by a freak Lockyer field goal but agree the last two years have been poor.

Maybe its the red and white eyes but I'm liking the look of what next year might offer I think we have recruited well and will again be back in the top 8.

Ross

Only problem is one SPrice, I just don't think he cuts it, he has had 2 years and its been 2 years of excruciating pain, he can't complain that he didn't have the players he wanted, other coaches have come in to clubs and done better...
- Des Hasler - 1 year at club = Minor Premiers + Grand Final
- Trent Robinson - 1 year at club = Minor Premiers + Grand Final (potential Premiership)
- Wayne Bennett - 2 years at club = 2 Minor Premierships + 1 Premiership
- Geoff Toovey - 2 years at club = 1 Grand Final (potential Premiership) + 2 Top 4 finishes
- Steve Price - 2 years at club = 9th + 14th

I still think our recruitment is short a couple of forwards (Props) and the review that was released by the club is a JOKE!!

Only problem is one SPrice, I just don't think he cuts it, he has had 2 years and its been 2 years of excruciating pain, he can't complain that he didn't have the players he wanted, other coaches have come in to clubs and done better...
- Des Hasler - 1 year at club = Minor Premiers + Grand Final
- Trent Robinson - 1 year at club = Minor Premiers + Grand Final (potential Premiership)
- Wayne Bennett - 2 years at club = 2 Minor Premierships + 1 Premiership
- Geoff Toovey - 2 years at club = 1 Grand Final (potential Premiership) + 2 Top 4 finishes
- Steve Price - 2 years at club = 9th + 14th

I still think our recruitment is short a couple of forwards (Props) and the review that was released by the club is a JOKE!!

I thought the appointment of McGregor as assistant coach was a move in the right direction?

I'm not sure how you are making a comparison with the above coaches who walked into quality teams, not that I am defending Price but Robinson may be a good coach but what a squad, Toovey has an outstanding spine, Des is on the slide backwards now, Bennett has achieved nothing at Newcastle in 2 years and has had an open cheque book.

McGregor will hopefully add the flair given the new recruits. Young will work with the forwards I think it is a good move forward. Price fails 2014 he is gone.

Ross

Been away for school holidays, I'm not sure about the buying a GF comment though... did it with basically an aging roster and with Bennet taking many players with him we have then entered the rebuilding phase. 2011 knocked out by a freak Lockyer field goal but agree the last two years have been poor.

Maybe its the red and white eyes but I'm liking the look of what next year might offer I think we have recruited well and will again be back in the top 8.

Ross
Just having a dig Ross ;) , fmd we can't even buy one, lol. Anyways, Sharkies in the NSW Cup GF this arvo so maybe we can add some silverware to the cabinet since the RL HQ stole our Amco Cup. Fire up Sharkies.

Back
Top Bottom