2013 NRL Finals discussion thread

long time hater of the storm. but yesterdays game was ruined by terrible refereeing decisions.

weather he meant it or not, dylan farell doesn't deserve to play another game this season. one of the most horrible falls ive seen in the NRL.

If that was NFL Farell would be in massive trouble. Its clear he looked to see where waqa was and made the effort to run underneath him.

yeah and like slaters disallowed try. they disallowed on the basis that chambers didn't make it a fair challenge, the reason chambers was in that awkward position was because bryson goodwin used his hips to change chambers direction in mid air.

was just bull shit basically. if they got it back to within two points at that stage, wouldve been some spectacle of a finish. instead it was just ruined.

in Farells defence he genuinely looked worried for waqa, in the aftermath of the fall, but in saying that he shouldn't of ran underneath him in the first place. i hope he gets 2 weeks and doesn't play again.

I may get heat from this but I dont think there was intention in it at all..

here's some questions:

Grand final teams:

Grand final winner:

Clive churchill medalist:

dally M medalist:

rookie of the year:

Team of the year
Fullback:
Wing:
Centre:
five eight:
Halfback:
prop:
hooker:
second row:
lock:

coach of the year:

Grand final teams: Manly - Roosters

Grand final winner: Manly

Clive churchill medalist: DCE

dally M medalist: Cronk

rookie of the year: Milford

Team of the year
Fullback: Slater
Wing: not sure
Centre: Jennings
five eight: DCE
Halfback: Cronk
prop: Fifita
hooker: Smith
second row: Not sure
lock: not sure

coach of the year Roosters coach

yeah and like slaters disallowed try. they disallowed on the basis that chambers didn't make it a fair challenge, the reason chambers was in that awkward position was because bryson goodwin used his hips to change chambers direction in mid air.

It was a 50/50 call I wouldn't have been disappointed if the try was given.

in Farells defence he genuinely looked worried for waqa, in the aftermath of the fall, but in saying that he shouldn't of ran underneath him in the first place. i hope he gets 2 weeks and doesn't play again.

This I disagree with, there was no intention whatsoever in that incident. Watching the 30 replays it was clear Farrell was shaping up to tackle Waqa then he jumped and Farrell's momentum put him under his legs.
It was a nasty fall though and I'm happy to see he's alright.

Dylan wasn't looking at the ball at any time, he played the player not the ball. As he saw Waqa jumping he stopped in place and dipped his shoulder. In my opinion he meant to take the player out though I'm sure he didn't mean for it to bad that bad

Grand final teams: South's vs Storm

Grand final winner: Souths

Clive churchill medalist: Reynolds

dally M medalist: Cronk

rookie of the year:?

Team of the year
Fullback: Inglis
Wing:
Centre:
five eight: Sutton
prop: George Burgess
hooker: Can Smith
second row:
lock: Sam Burgess

coach of the year: Maguire

Dylan wasn't looking at the ball at any time, he played the player not the ball. As he saw Waqa jumping he stopped in place and dipped his shoulder. In my opinion he meant to take the player out though I'm sure he didn't mean for it to bad that bad
Agree to disagree, I saw it all as purely accidental. To me Farrell was shaping up to tackle then the sudden jump by Waqa threw him off. There's no way he deserves to be on the sideline over it imo

Grand final teams: Roosters and Rabbitohs

Grand final winner: Roosters

Clive churchill medalist: Maloney but if souths win Inglis

dally M medalist: Smith

rookie of the year: Milford

Team of the year
Wing: Brett Morris ?
Centre: Lyon
five eight: Thurston
prop: george burgess
second row: sbw
lock: Gallen

coach of the year: Michael Maguire

Last edited:
Toty
Inglis
Simmonds
Lyon
Maloney
Cherry evans
Fifita
Jake friend
Sonny Bill
Surgess

Robinson coach

Cherry evans or thurston dally m

Grand final winner roosters.

Its too hard to know who will play who and what not as teams can still switch sides on the draw

Last edited:
Grand final teams: Sharks V Roosters

Grand final winner: Sharks

Clive churchill medalist: Todd Carney

dally M medalist: Todd Carney

rookie of the year: Anthony Milford

Team of the year
Wing:Simmons
Centre: Lyons
five eight: JT
prop:Fifita
second row:Surgess
lock: Parker

coach of the year: Robinson

Last edited:
cant see carney getting half, isnt robson the half? but yeah the rest are on point i reckon, i for about parker hes a good pick.

is it just me or is fifita still injured, well i hope hes injured hes had the worst game of his life. they need to start him off the bench, done it for the majority of the season why change now.

The Sharks really didn't deserve to win that...but i can't see them going very far from here, half their stars can barely make it through a game. The Cowboys must be fuming with bad refereeing decisions putting them out of the finals 2 years in a row. But i don't think either team really had a shot at the title.

The 7 tackle try and the situation with the time at the end was just embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom