2013 NRL Finals discussion thread

Was a great game last night. I was torn as the Knights knocked over my pathetic team last week and I'm sick of the "big 3", however was happy the Knights won. Knights are my fav of the remaining teams.

Was it just me that noticed but shouldn't Uate's first try been a penalty try. Have a look at it again, Slater made no attempt to "tackle" him, he shoulder charged. As much as I hate the rule, it was unnoticed on the night. Teflon Billy back to his best!

The ref talked to Slater and Smith about it. It shouldn't have been a penalty try as he scored anyway. I think the only way it would be one is if the shoulder charge stopped the try or he did it after the try was scored.

Wasn't Michael Gordons try saver on Taufua a shoulger charge??:confused:

i thought so aswell, but on second look it wasnt really a shoulder charge or a tackle, he crossed is arms across his chest just braced himself for the collisions and positioned himself to push him over the sideline, didnt lead with the shoulder just front on chest to chest

some might think im bias but even ask matt26 was talking to him on fb at the time and i called it a shoulder charge, but have watched a replay since and changed my mind.

I think the shoulder charge has to come back. If you use the shoulder charge and it is high etc then put a big onus on the player (minimum 4 weeks) and then players will time it well and it will be effective. Sounding like a biased Queenslander here but the shoulder charge or just that body on body contact is a great option for a covering fullback, especially one who has a smaller build like Slater. If he sticks an arm out to try and stop Uate in that position he would have injured himself or hit Uate high so I see what Slater did as the only reasonable option to prevent the try.

Gordon's tackle however was definitely not a shoulder charge, front on collision and one of the best cover defending tackles I have seen in a long time!

Did I miss something? Haven't the Sharks been knocked out or is the NSW Cup Team a curtain raiser on Friday night? :whistle:

I agree with the dislike of the Manly supporters though. I took my 7 year old son to his first semi final in 2008, Manly v Dragons at Brookvale and we were on the hill, he had his little flag to wave and when I went to get food, some dog stood on his flag and snapped it, wish I had seen it. At least now we share a common dislike for them.

Can't dislike Souths supporters too much; my daughter, wife and in-laws are all Bunny tragics.... Maroubra born.

But those in the burrow.............well enough said.

Ross

Did I miss something? Haven't the Sharks been knocked out or is the NSW Cup Team a curtain raiser on Friday night? :whistle:

I agree with the dislike of the Manly supporters though. I took my 7 year old son to his first semi final in 2008, Manly v Dragons at Brookvale and we were on the hill, he had his little flag to wave and when I went to get food, some dog stood on his flag and snapped it, wish I had seen it. At least now we share a common dislike for them.

Can't dislike Souths supporters too much; my daughter, wife and in-laws are all Bunny tragics.... Maroubra born.

But those in the burrow.............well enough said.

Ross

Low act

hahaha not going to lie ive done that as well, but its different if there just giving it a wave, as opposed to someone sitting behind you waving it and hitting you in the head and neck countless times and not even caring.

ok im nervous as too as i actually go for souths have for over 30 years as some of you know and today is just taking for ever its been the longest 2 weeks since we last played. Its a big day for any bunnies supporter and i hope for all us rabbits that the boys do well tonight. Go Souths do us all proud

and that right there is why michael gordon is the best in the business, actually no 2nd to the one and only GI. slater and any other fullback would never make that tackle

ahahhaa i retract this statement, inglis is a waste of space in defence too. Gordon > everyone.

Back
Top Bottom