2013/14 Ashes non Official thread !!

Took my 6 year old son to the t20 at Hampshire on Thursday. We both loved it. The women did well to win the game and the ashes after being 9-3. Greenway hit 80 no to win the match.

Then had great seats to see Aaron Finch play one of the all time great t20 innings. He was just brilliant. Some of the cleanest hitting I have ever seen. Warner and Mitch Johnson had the crowd on their back but finch was almost accepted as a Pom! He had a great reception not just when batting but also when fielding on the boundary. My boy was delighted he managed to get Aaron to sign his programme when fielding and also a few Aussies and English lads after the game. Must admit Mitch Johnson, Davey Warner, Shane Watson and Finchey were all superb to the children after the game. My son got 25 sigs in his programme from the girls and boys. One very happy little man when we walked home! Although he was not a happy man to start off with when his favourite player Michael carberry was not picked on his home ground! Carbs is Nathan's favourite player being a Hampshire fan.

Love the idea of the double headers for the t20 games. It sure what the ticket prices are for the t20's over there. i paid £25 for mine and £10 for my sons. so £35 for both of us for 2 international t20 games is a bargain to me. Think they are having the return for the ashes over there too. Also the points system for the girls is great where they only play one test. Keeps the interest alive for the odi and t20 games nicely.

Roll on the odi at the ageas bowl in a few weeks

Seriously dont believe what im reading here http://au.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/news/article/-/18805579/dont-like-the-logo-dont-wear-the-shirt/2/
The way i see it, if he doesnt want to wear what the sponser and team and country for that matter are providing then he doesnt play, simple as that really. You cant modify a national team uniform to suit just one person. And my honest opinion, after what this country has already done for him, he should be overwhelmed with gratatude and probably just get on with it. Its a kick in the guts for our culture really. Can you imagine if we went over to another country, made the national team and tried to change the team jumper coz our Aussie heritage didnt agree with it, its just a joke and im not very happy about it :mad:

Absolutely, agree 100%. Utter disrespect for our culture - arrogant so and so's.
No longer have any interest in him, whenever he plays for 'our' country...:mad:
I used to get sick of Matty Hayden's ostentatious religious displays, too, whenever he got a century. I mean, why didn't he do his hallelujahs when he got a duck or a low score?? Wasn't his God worthy of thanks/praise then??
Play for Australia on Cricket Australia's terms I say.....keep the personal ideologies out of our lives, we are just interested in the cricket, thanks very much. Save the rest for the autobiogs, after the career's over.

I think we need to be very careful here regarding Fawad Ahmed and look at his recent history.

My personal view is that he is being used as a political/sporting play-thing........his permanent residency in Australia was granted (fast-tracked) not long after people in high places realised what a promising leg spin bowler he is. In July this year he was granted Australian Citizenship...during an Ashes tour......coincidence much?

Mine might not be the popular view but at the end of the day, your beliefs are your beliefs and they make you who you are. Everyone takes the piss out of Tim Tebow for his religious views and the "Tebowing" but he has so far avoided shooting, raping or assaulting anyone since he turned professional (which from I read puts him a minority!) in the NFL and he is seen as a genuine role model.

I'd prefer to see Cricket Australia say "look mate, this is the company that is sponsoring this tour and therefore contributing to your wage and the promotion of the entire squad so it is actually a condition of your employment that you wear the approved uniform".

However, he bowls accurate, wicket-taking leg spin..so nothing to see here, folks! :)

I dont want to be seen as racist or anything like that, but am just over the minority getting preferences over the majority all the time, this country bows at the knees when something like this happens, its giving me the sh*ts. We need to stand up or in another 10-20 years this country and what it stands for will be lost, my future kids wont be able to enjoy this great country like we all have because it just wont be the same. It really is sad.

Pretty funny to read some of these comments. It's a kick in the guts to our culture etc. - yeah our stupid culture of binge drinking. When people talk about Australian culture they always seem to focus on the really white and western aspects of it when really we are a very diverse and multicultural country. And yes he was born overseas, but many people born in this country share the same beliefs as him and i bet if someone born here requested the same thing people would still say "he should go back to where he came from" because this country is terribly racist. I'm not saying that i agree with this decision, personally i find belief in any religion to defy logic, and i understand the need for sponsors and the like, but maybe try to stay away from any prejudice and racist comments (it's still racist if you say "i don't mean to be racist but...").

And i hate this idea that everyone should suddenly start acting like they are white or western here or "go back to where they came from". Multiculturalism is a great thing. White people were the worst, we came here and stole this country! We didn't change for anybody. Yes we have a great quality of life here but we have a horrible history or racism and oppression of minorities.

If drinking is our culture then so be it, a culture isn't something you just change, it needs to want to change. The fact we are who we are is irrelevant, its just who we are. I don't mind a bit of multiculturalism, but am worried its getting out of control, we are losing our Aussie culture in my opinion when we allow individuals to change who we are. If you think that makes me racist then that's your opinion, I'm just worried about where my country is heading!

Everyone takes the piss out of Tim Tebow for his religious views and the "Tebowing" but he has so far avoided shooting, raping or assaulting anyone since he turned professional (which from I read puts him a minority!) in the NFL and he is seen as a genuine role model.

Probably one of the silliest comments I've ever read on OCT.

Do you wake up each morning thinking "who will I annoy today?"

There is always one "sniper" on every forum I guess.

Nah I just like to point out the stupidness of labeling hundreds of people as rapists, shooters and assaulters based on a few things you've read.

Have a nice day.

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom