2009 NRL Champions

#1 Eels fan

a 1 eyed EELS supporter
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
Mighty Eels
Has anyone seen or heard anything about this years Champions series apart from we all think they are the same as last years series?
Cheers dave

That came from an email from Select, if you didn't see the thread, so it's pretty sure that they will be the same.

But no other info yet, I don't think. Someone should email Select for a release date!

It would be awesome to see the flyer once its out, if i see anything ill post it up here for sure! :)
Brplat

A bit early for the great Daine i think. Sheensie said in an interview on Sunday that Laurie picked up an injury over the summer and his 2nd child was born so he has had a very interrupted training period. He said after this year and a solid off-season at the end of the year he expects Laurie to have a big year in 2010.

As far as the Tigers inserts, we are well an truely overdue for a Heighington insert of some sort.

A bit early for the great Daine i think. Sheensie said in an interview on Sunday that Laurie picked up an injury over the summer and his 2nd child was born so he has had a very interrupted training period. He said after this year and a solid off-season at the end of the year he expects Laurie to have a big year in 2010.

As far as the Tigers inserts, we are well an truely overdue for a Heighington insert of some sort.
i could see dane getting a top prospects or rookie sensation card thouygh in the select series

G'day guys - i picked up the new RLW mag today and they had an ad for the 2009 Select Champions cards - still listed as $2.99 per pack, 7 cards + 1 holographic jersey card per pack, 36 packs per box. The jersey cards appear to be very similar to the jersey parallels in the 07 Select set.Avail March 09 - no further info.
There's also a sticker book and set coming out this year (not really into stickers myself, but i'm sure i'll get a box of em) Not much info, except to say packs are $1.50 each, the album is $4.95 and they're available mid april. No idea how many in the set, or how many in each pack or how many packs per box. We shall see!

Nick J

im guessing it will be the same old NRL & AFL sets with the cards being the same with NRL having the same subsets just different players obviously.

beefman138, Good to hear something about the NRL champions set, stickers sound good (ill be buying them but not going to stick them down in the album :) )

Also mate did the ad have pictures of some of the cards? (wouldnt mind seeing what they look like - no doubt they will be similar to 2008 but still it would be good to take a look) if so scan it if you can mate please :)
Thanks
Brplat

In The Ad It Doesn't Look Like Any Signature Cards. There Is A Card What Looks Like The 2008 Gem With Big Heads But Only On Normal Card Not Gem And A Duo Stats Card Something Like That. It Has Two Players From The Same Team And Thiers Stats. Also There Is 48 Figurines Coming Out This Year In March By Select.

Yeah guys the set looks pretty much like last years - i wish the Select Website would update sometime! Unfortunately I don't have a scanner - even so, the pic of the open box on the ad is tiny - i'd recommend flipping thru to page 43 in your local newsagent!
The commons look very similar - full bleed with a team-colour-coded strip at the bottom of the front, hopefully with team logo at bottom left, but I cant tell. And yeah the jersey cards look exactly like the die-cut cards from a couple of years ago, but with an action photo instead of a headshot. AND the hologram factor is one that I like - lets just hope they don't peel as easily as other years ones did!

Lookin forward to March!!!

Nick J

Ill have to go take a look in the magazine tommorow :)
Also yeah the select site is very annoying...it never updates :( . Looks like another year of the same sort of stuff..but really who is suprised? :(
Brplat

And yeah the jersey cards look exactly like the die-cut cards from a couple of years ago, but with an action photo instead of a headshot.

In other words - just like the 2006 die cuts from series 2! Which is no bad thing, those cards looked pretty awesome.

The stickers don't look too exciting I don't think.

They could at least have a signature in one of these sets.

Looks like another year of the same sort of stuff..but really who is suprised? :(
Brplat

Yeah mate I'm certainly not surprised - but i'm glad they're not changing things too much! My only wishes are for them to stay basically the same, except i'd love to see a set of around 300 cards to include the lesser players, and also a series 2 in EXACTLY the same design, say from number 301 - 400, just to capture rookies and players in new teams. Sorta like the American MLB and NBA cards do each year. I'd email them, but like we both said, the Select site isn't really doing much these days! Bummer!

But yeah if anyone finds out how many cards are in the base set of NRL Champions, it would be great to know! Also, I'm interested in knowing the amount of stickers per pack, packs per box, and stickers in the set of the NRL stickers this year. And, just like you Brplat, I'll be buying the stickers, but keeping them out of the album. I'll also buy the album just as a reference too hehe.

I'm eagerly awaiting any news folks! Once again, cant wait til mid-March!

Nick J :D

Just had a look at the link and hmmm. those double trouble cards only 6 in the set which is sad if your team is not included. i hope the ratio is a tad different from the afl series.

Back
Top Bottom