What would you do... (eBay question)

kidd05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Carlos
eBay User
cahl0s05
2 months ago, I won this 2 cards of Penny Hardaway Finest RC PSA 9's for $3.99 (Around US$7 delivered). I know they're not much, but I thought they were pretty cool and could sell well. I waited for a bit... and after 2 weeks or so, it didn't come. So I emailed the seller. NO RESPONSE. I waited for 2 more weeks. NOTHING. So I email him again. No reply. After 1 month and a half, I email him again for an explanation, filed a paypal complaint, and I get my money back (thru paypal). I waited for a week, and he never gave an explanation-

So he copped a negative feedback. :D

But NOW he contacts me thru a withdraw feedback claim!!! He said I got my money back, and he KNEW he sent the cards, and what more do I want from him? I looked at his feedback, and he had 4 other similar complaints with negatives (1 withdrawn), and 4 neutrals (same reason). So I emailed him and told him to give me a good reason to withdraw my feedback (well if he gives me a Jordan auto, y not? ;)).

What would you have done?

I mean- it's so easy to say you've sent them and give them refund- just so you don't have to let go of a good card that sold cheap, and evade the negative.

Oh well. I wanted those two hot penny PSA 9 RCs. :D

You do nothing. Let the neg stand. Communication is everything and if he could't even answer emails then I doubt he went to all the trouble of sending it. This happens more when sellers sell stuff cheaper than they had hoped for.

Tell him to get stuffed and leave it at that.

Totally, communication is the key word here.

I've left negatives only when the seller does not respond to me.

I've left neutrals when I've gotten my money back, and I've left bad comments with a positive feedback if they've been ok.

As this has been a fucked up situation, I'd let the Negative stand. if he's left you feedback already, it's a plus, if not, then you'll probably cop one for retaliation. fuckit, you still have 100% in ur view! And when selling, post a link to where you left them feedback and the retaliation one, so ur buyers dont think ur suss...

I certainly wouldnt withdraw the feedback. Fuck em! :lol:

I agree, no response should result in the negative feedback you left. Stand by it, and mention that if he taken the time to reply to your questions, you would've been happy to change -ve feedback (only to neutral).

On a side note, was watching the news last night, and they had a story on the massive backlog in our shipping goods. Maybe some of our cards (shipped from the US), are still sitting on the docks....

Just a thought.

On the shipping and cards stuck on the docks. Aren't most things sent via Airmail anyway? I've been told even the economy goes Airmail until it gets to it's destination country.
Anyways,
Yeah Kidd, I'm totally sick of people not making contact, whether I'm buying or selling on eBay. Let the Neg stand. I do the same as Mavsman with regard to leaving feedback. It's a good way too go.
I just recently won an auction for a Josh Smith Black Diamond Auto. Started at $5.00 and that's what I would have won it for. Then I got an email saying item was ended and all bids cancelled.

DON'T FORGET EBAY USERS! Do you guys know that you can reply to feedback that has been left in the feedback section? Open your feedback, then go to the bottom of the page and find the "respond too feedback" I think it's called. Can be used for +ve and -ve.

The Truth said:
On the shipping and cards stuck on the docks. Aren't most things sent via Airmail anyway? I've been told even the economy goes Airmail until it gets to it's destination country.

That's only from Australia. (We also have the option of sending mail via ship)

From America, they have an option to send via seamial, which normally is about 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom