Things that piss me off

Same. Got one returned an 8 from PSA with a bent corner.

I 100% never send those with dings, unless I really know about it.
Here's a theory. PSA are definitely trying to control pop reports but perhaps they are also trying to stop the practice of people re-subbing a PSA9 that looks more like a PSA10. The way to do that is to intentionally damage the card so that it will not be cracked and resubmitted. It's very easy to do and there's no comeback. A quick scratch or bang on the corner....

I reckon it shows how many cards pass through there everyday, that they have to rush through them and not handle with extreme care.
They spend about 1 minute on a card max imo. Even the higher end stuff - cards between $500 and $5,000. A quick measure of the card; up and down with the loupe for 30 seconds back and front and presto. Done. Chuck it on the pile for the next person to slab it.

EBay question - What’s the etiquette on cancelling a sale when a buyer doesn’t pay?

I’m the Seller.

Someone with a 500+ positive with 100% positive feedback including numerous from the past month re “excellent buyer and fast payment” etc won one of my auctions 3 weeks ago.

No payment and non-responsive to my friendly messages.

Has since won another auction and now no payment on either card.

Given the positive history I’m reluctant to cancel the sales as I can only presume something unusual is up with this person.

Any thoughts / words of wisdom for me?

Cheers,
Cancel Champ. They are not paying if they haven't replied for 3 weeks. Very poor form. So simple just to get in touch and let the seller know what's going on. Personally I'd be cancelling before 2 weeks was up if I'd not heard from them.

Yeah I’m very patient.

But that patience is wearing thin.

I’ll give them till Monday.

Cheers
I think you've been very patient and handled it well.
Good to see you haven't jumped to conclusions that they are a prick or something.
I'd say give them a little longer and then cancel.
It's happened to me before and I just give them the benefit of the doubt for a few weeks.

EBay question - What’s the etiquette on cancelling a sale when a buyer doesn’t pay?

I’m the Seller.

Someone with a 500+ positive with 100% positive feedback including numerous from the past month re “excellent buyer and fast payment” etc won one of my auctions 3 weeks ago.

No payment and non-responsive to my friendly messages.

Has since won another auction and now no payment on either card.

Given the positive history I’m reluctant to cancel the sales as I can only presume something unusual is up with this person.

Any thoughts / words of wisdom for me?

Cheers,
Don't confuse 100% Positive with a paying buyer.

Go through his "positives" and I am sure you will find some negative positives, since we can't leave negatives for deadbeat buyers (I haven't had one yet touch wood)

Give them a non paying strike so my ebay listings will automatically block them from bidding/buying.

Go into the settings and strengthen them:

• Add them to the block list
  • Toughest unpaid purchase limit
  • Don't allow them to contact you when blocked

1684466945259.png

Go through his "positives" and I am sure you will find some negative positives, since we can't leave negatives for deadbeat buyers (I haven't had one yet touch wood)

Give them a non paying strike so my ebay listings will automatically block them from bidding/buying.

1684466945259.png
Wow - didn’t even know that area existed.

I really should check out what eBay looks like on the computer.

Seems the phone app is a little more limited in functionality
I find that 99% of people don't use computers for anything. I try helping people on FB for some random sites and nobody uses it

I recommend giving it a go as the mobile apps just don't cut it

I think you've been very patient and handled it well.
Good to see you haven't jumped to conclusions that they are a prick or something.
I'd say give them a little longer and then cancel.
It's happened to me before and I just give them the benefit of the doubt for a few weeks.
I wasn't suggesting they were a prick but common courtesy demands some comms.

1684466945259.png
Yep. Always read through the feedback. The only way you can make your dissatisfaction count is by giving them a positive but telling it how it is in the comments ie: buyer's remorse, etc.

I had a guy claim a card was damaged( card was Mint-Gem Mint) when the reality was that the player had just done their ACL. When I looked through their 100% feedback the phrase buyer's remorse came up a fair bit. He'd returned Kobe Bryant cards to multiple sellers when the card lost value. A real piece of work.

I let the arsehole keep the card and refunded him. I didn't want to give him my address for the return just in case I visited him one day( I calmed down after a week - but not until finding out that this lowlife owned 50% of a financial planning services company in Sydney with his brother). Based on his conduct as a buyer on ebay you would not want to do business with this tiprat and it's not a big stretch to think he would've f....d people over in his financial services dealings.

I thought about paying out on him on Social Media but it's not worth it. He seemed just the type of scoundrel who would sue. Or worse. A cheap skate gangster, lol.

Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin.

Yep. Always read through the feedback. The only way you can make your dissatisfaction count is by giving them a positive but telling it how it is in the comments ie: buyer's remorse, etc.

I had a guy claim a card was damaged( card was Mint-Gem Mint) when the reality was that the player had just done their ACL. When I looked through their 100% feedback the phrase buyer's remorse came up a fair bit. He'd returned Kobe Bryant cards to multiple sellers when the card lost value. A real piece of work.

I let the arsehole keep the card and refunded him. I didn't want to give him my address for the return just in case I visited him one day( I calmed down after a week - but not until finding out that this lowlife owned 50% of a financial planning services company in Sydney with his brother). Based on his conduct as a buyer on ebay you would not want to do business with this tiprat and it's not a big stretch to think he would've f....d people over in his financial services dealings.

I thought about paying out on him on Social Media but it's not worth it. He seemed just the type of scoundrel who would sue. Or worse. A cheap skate gangster, lol.

Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin.
Feel free to PM me their usernames so i can block on ebay. I like blocking deadbeats on ebay just in case

1684466945259.png
Ah that brings me back, adding users to the blocked list was a monthly occurrence at one point.

Back
Top Bottom