Things that piss me off

I've been waiting all day and saving all my negative thoughts for this thread.. Don't get me wrong the day (LeBron Scoring King Day) was amazing but I just had a couple of things bother me big time within the moments..

Annoyance #1 - That this was the shot to pass Kareem and not a sky hook.
dba3ad84-5cd6-4a08-bc8a-fbe3ba2e48d5-1463998798.jpg

Annoyance #2 - This is how the moment was celebrated - no teammates around him, just a lone celebration. Don't get me wrong I'm sure LeBron asked for this moment to be like this and probably had strict instructions for Pat Bev to be out of camera focus. I just expected AD to be hugging him and others to be congratulating him.
07nba-lebron-newserALT3-01-wkcg-articleLarge.jpg

Annoyance #3 - Bronny James filming the big moment and watching it through his phone screen instead of taking it all in and living in the moment. Someone needs to tell these kids there are 1000 others there with camera phones who can send you the footage.
1675844647057.png

/ vent over

I've been waiting all day and saving all my negative thoughts for this thread.. Don't get me wrong the day (LeBron Scoring King Day) was amazing but I just had a couple of things bother me big time within the moments..

Annoyance #1 - That this was the shot to pass Kareem and not a sky hook.
dba3ad84-5cd6-4a08-bc8a-fbe3ba2e48d5-1463998798.jpg

Annoyance #2 - This is how the moment was celebrated - no teammates around him, just a lone celebration. Don't get me wrong I'm sure LeBron asked for this moment to be like this and probably had strict instructions for Pat Bev to be out of camera focus. I just expected AD to be hugging him and others to be congratulating him.
07nba-lebron-newserALT3-01-wkcg-articleLarge.jpg

Annoyance #3 - Bronny James filming the big moment and watching it through his phone screen instead of taking it all in and living in the moment. Someone needs to tell these kids there are 1000 others there with camera phones who can send you the footage.
1675844647057.png

/ vent over
The shot didn’t worry me so much but when people break a long term record they usually get mobbed by their teammates…. He just wandered around till he found his family and it just seemed odd.

The best part about the last photo is the grey haired guy in the front row watching the moment with his own eyes as opposed to the sheep behind him watching it through their phones.

I mean it’s not like you won’t be able to see a video of the moment later on? This is just a sad reflection of society these days it seems.

I’m off to yell at clouds and tell people to get off my lawn.

Had a child purchase a card off me on eBay for the whopping total of $2.50 on Sunday.

Abusive message at 4pm today asking when I was going to mail it out. Responded back an hour later advising I'd just sent it and the post office was not open on Sunday.

Message back asking if I had a photo of the card I had just put in the post box for him. Told him I hadn't as I'd just posted it.

Now saying he doesn't want it anymore and has left negative feedback. Fuck that.
That's nuts. It's rough out there. I digress but I recently bought some cards locally. 3 cards all $5 each came in the same penny sleeve with no toploader in between paper in a white envelope. I thought the $2.2 postage wa reasonable initially but after receiving it the devil is actually profiting from it. The other two sellers exactly the same. Not one toploader and one guy I bought two cards off for a total of $30. Crazy

Comps - Australian vs American pricing
Why does every buyer want an American price (comps) then just ignore the fact it‘d be $30-$50 shipping on top (if the seller ships worldwide)? The reason you don’t buy a $50 card from the states is because of the associated shipping costs but when you try and sell the same card in Australia people won’t pay $60 for it because it sold for $50 in the USoA.
It’s frustrating….

Why does every buyer want an American price (comps) then just ignore the fact it‘d be $30-$50 shipping on top (if the seller ships worldwide)? The reason you don’t buy a $50 card from the states is because of the associated shipping costs but when you try and sell the same card in Australia people won’t pay $60 for it because it sold for $50 in the USoA.
It’s frustrating….

I respectfully disagree

SMC makes purchasing affordable. I'm not taking "Aussie" comps because someone hasn't figured out how to get the cards cheaper
That’s very true mate. Definitely options available to keep costs down. I do the same. I don’t even mean Aussie comps, I just mean Aussie prices. 99/100 cards are cheaper from the states. Why do international sellers have to match that price?

That’s very true mate. Definitely options available to keep costs down. I do the same. I don’t even mean Aussie comps, I just mean Aussie prices. 99/100 cards are cheaper from the states. Why do international sellers have to match that price?
Oh I misinterpreted your post. I agree lol

I simply go by latest sold prices regardless of where it's located.

It’s frustrating….

I listed an auto of a no name player for $10 AU posted ($6 for the card + post), and someone offered $5 posted, so $1 for the card + post.

His reasoning was that they go for $1 on US eBay.

It does get annoying when people make offers and they don't consider the exact costs. Such as:

1. US state tax
2. US domestic shipping to warehouse / forwarding service
3. Warehouse / forwarding service fees (inbound)
4. Warehouse / forwarding service fees (outboud)
5. PayPal / Visa international transaction fee

Using the $1 sale as an example, and factoring all the above mentioned fees, he would have to pay around $17 - $18 AU for the same card, and that's not even factoring how much it will cost for him to get the card back into Australia.

Normally I ignore silly offers like that, but for some reason his ignorance just got to me that day. Despite breaking down the costs to him, he still purchased the card from the US 🤣

The All-Star game
1330F71A-6911-40EA-A433-10BA7545C76F.jpeg
The whole weekend seemed like a side show. Skills comp lacked any competitiveness, 3 pointer had some woeful (Haliburton 1st round exception) performances and Mclung kept it alive in the dunks. The players don’t even seem to care for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom