The Official Cleveland Cavaliers Thread!

Yeah, well played by the Celtics. But I have to agree with Jimbo. For all of Lebron's supposed "talent" around him, the main contributers aside from Lebron are either too old, or just freeze up in the play-offs. I'm done with Mo Williams for 1. I was willing to support him in this years play-offs to see if he came good, but he just talks a lot of crap, then can't back it up against quality opposition. Shaq tried, but he's CLEARLY not the player he was in L>A, or even Miami. Ilgauskas should've retired a couple of years ago. Anthony Parker was another 1 who looked good on paper, but just didn't pan out. Jamison I was happy enough to pick up at the dead-line for what they gave up, but Amare would've been head and shoulders better, and if it turns out that Ferry missed out on him coz of not wanting to trade JJ fricken Hickson, I just MIGHT get a ticket to the US specificly to slap the knob! AAAAARGH!!! :mad:

---------- Post added 15-05-2010 at 12:00 AM ----------

And Lebron gave the support cast MORE than enough chances to step up, getting them open shot after open shot, the duds just couldn't make a damn shot! Whats he supposed to do, boost Mo up near the ring so he can PLACE the damn ball through??? IF Lebron stays, I'd keep Delonte, Varejao, Moon, Danny Green, Antawn, and maybe Telfair and Powe. The rest can go play with Me-bury in China for all I care! Hell, I'd replace them with the guys we've got stashed in Europe, like Eyenga, Kaun, Ugboaja. At least that way if they sucked, they'd suck on rookie scale contracts! And I'm not convinced they'd play much worse than the guys they'd be replacing

I dont have time to read all of the last 34 posts but did anyone mention that we lost simply because the Celtics played really great defense the whole series with the exmption of game 3?

When we lost game 4, I have thought that we will not win this series.

We were simply out-coached! ;)

Yeah, well played by the Celtics. But I have to agree with Jimbo. For all of Lebron's supposed "talent" around him, the main contributers aside from Lebron are either too old, or just freeze up in the play-offs. I'm done with Mo Williams for 1. I was willing to support him in this years play-offs to see if he came good, but he just talks a lot of crap, then can't back it up against quality opposition. Shaq tried, but he's CLEARLY not the player he was in L>A, or even Miami. Ilgauskas should've retired a couple of years ago. Anthony Parker was another 1 who looked good on paper, but just didn't pan out. Jamison I was happy enough to pick up at the dead-line for what they gave up, but Amare would've been head and shoulders better, and if it turns out that Ferry missed out on him coz of not wanting to trade JJ fricken Hickson, I just MIGHT get a ticket to the US specificly to slap the knob! AAAAARGH!!! :mad:

And Lebron gave the support cast MORE than enough chances to step up, getting them open shot after open shot, the duds just couldn't make a damn shot! Whats he supposed to do, boost Mo up near the ring so he can PLACE the damn ball through??? IF Lebron stays, I'd keep Delonte, Varejao, Moon, Danny Green, Antawn, and maybe Telfair and Powe. The rest can go play with Me-bury in China for all I care! Hell, I'd replace them with the guys we've got stashed in Europe, like Eyenga, Kaun, Ugboaja. At least that way if they sucked, they'd suck on rookie scale contracts! And I'm not convinced they'd play much worse than the guys they'd be replacing

Thanks for the support! Glad not everyone is suddenly convinced LeBron's not going to have an incredible career because of this.

You're exactly right though.

The only "proven" supporting player on that team is Shaquille O'Neal, and unfortunately he's 37 years old and doesn't have the mobility that made him so effective in the past. His sheer size and experience means he can still get some buckets and make contributions, but he's not going to be a #2 threat, or even #3 for that matter.

I guess that's what you get when you're supposed #2 options (Jamison and Mo Williams) have got nothing on their playoff resumes to actually show they are capable of getting it done.

It's just not a championship team, not because it's not a talented team - but because it doesn't have the intangibles like the heart or experience of a championship team.

Dunno what you've got against Hickson..... he played great this year & he basically wasn't given any time in this series & yet you would keep Antawn 'Did jack squat' Jamison over him??

Hickson's got hands of stone, can't read defense, and can't even do much on offense other than make wide open dunks. And that's when he's not getting blocked! Jamison never clicked this year, but if Lebron does stay, I'm confident Jamison's hard-working and smart enough to gel with him over the off-season. And the other reason I'd keep him is his albatross of a contract, meaning he'd be too hard to get rid of anyway. Most of the other players who didn't step up have smaller, or at least shorter, contracts.

---------- Post added 15-05-2010 at 08:51 AM ----------

As for Hickson's "great" play that you, and to be fair a decent percentage of Cavs fans, are talking about, I just don't see it. 8.5 points, 5 rebounds, and nearly more than twice as many turnovers as assists is good play? Mind you, this was from our STARTING power forward for most of the season! About the only thing he does better than Varejao is highlight dunks. Oooh, FLASHY!

Dunno what you've got against Hickson..... he played great this year & he basically wasn't given any time in this series & yet you would keep Antawn 'Did jack squat' Jamison over him??

I agree, I would keep Hickson over Jamison. He played pretty good throughout the season and has good potential. FIRSTLY, i think the coach will be gone. He doesn't have the ability to coach that team. I think there'll be a major restructure there in the off season.

I agree, I would keep Hickson over Jamison. He played pretty good throughout the season and has good potential. FIRSTLY, i think the coach will be gone. He doesn't have the ability to coach that team. I think there'll be a major restructure there in the off season.

I agree about the coach. Brown would make a very good defensive assistant, but as far as a head coach, he just lacks inventiveness with offensive plays. And he also seems a bit reactionary in the play-offs. But from what I read this morning, management/ownership came out and said he was safe... [-X As for Hickson, I hope the Cavs are REEEEAAAL happy with him, coz they might be coaching him next year and not Lebron, due to their unwillingness to trade him for a proven allstar already close to his prime in Stoudemire...

The whole team well under performed, LeBron and Mike Brown by far are the biggest offenders - LeBron tried but almost played as if he knew the C's would be too strong, too smart and a much better game plan. Mike Brown needs to go, the rotations were off and untried(even against Chicago) and there was hardly any structured offense and failed to recognise Jamison cant play Garnett, Garnett has more influence over his team than LeBron, more than anyone in the league(its MJ like how he leads his team mentally), if he's confident the whole team absorbs this - shut KG down mentally and you win.
Moving forward, I think they need to bring in a new coach, not sure who tho, I think Avery Johnson could succeed, but his play off record is a worry.
I think their roster is still the deepest, they shouldn't make too many changes player wise, but need to work offseason on 1-2 set rotations and stick with it all 82 games in the regular season, if there's an injury dont change the whole thing, trust your 2nd or 3rd string to slot right in cos they know whats expected.
Cavs need to trade Mo Williams for Tony Parker, let Ilgauskas retire, Shaq can go 1 more year as he can still stop Howard/Bynum, move Jamison to the bench, give him the 6 man role he's proven to succeed in, Varejao starts, trust that Jawad Williams and Hickson will be consistant energy players in your rotation and let LeBron run this team from the point.
Never been a C's fan, but hope they or Pheonix win it all, GO CAVS in 2011!!

I agree about the coach. Brown would make a very good defensive assistant, but as far as a head coach, he just lacks inventiveness with offensive plays. And he also seems a bit reactionary in the play-offs. But from what I read this morning, management/ownership came out and said he was safe... [-X As for Hickson, I hope the Cavs are REEEEAAAL happy with him, coz they might be coaching him next year and not Lebron, due to their unwillingness to trade him for a proven allstar already close to his prime in Stoudemire...

what did you read?
i know it's only hoopshype.com but

The Cleveland Cavaliers have fired head coach Mike Brown, two league sources told SI.com. Brown, who won the NBA's Coach of the Year Award last year, compiled a 272-138 record in five seasons leading the Cavaliers. He also led the team to the playoffs in each of those seasons, including a Finals apperance in 2007. SI.com

Read more: HoopsHype - NBA Rumors

Sam Amico: Dan Gilbert meeting with media at 2:30, Danny Ferry after that. Mike Brown likely a goner. Twitter.com

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#ixzz0nxyGUt9f

It's pretty poor that Brown gets fired. Sure he is partly responsible but the players don't take any of the grunt? Seriously.

The guy leads you to the best record in the regular-season two years in a row and finds himself out of a job?

Makes no sense to me.

It's pretty poor that Brown gets fired. Sure he is partly responsible but the players don't take any of the grunt? Seriously.

The guy leads you to the best record in the regular-season two years in a row and finds himself out of a job?

Makes no sense to me.

Got a tissue for the Hawks coach as well? it happens!
Brown looks like he can't coach to save his life, looks like he relied on the assistant coach and Lebron. plus, I dunno how they put up with how much he enunciates? looks like a big rubber mouth! :lol:

CAse in point. Brown's adjustment for game 6 - put Shaq on KG - he hits 4 basic step back jumpers cos Shaq can't stay with him. then gets burned on the pick and roll cos he can't defend that anymore....How bout Varejao on KG??? He's long all 2nd team defender apparently (I KNOW!!!) and yet he's not put on him until the 3rd quarter of game 6 when it's over....

Brown is a poor coach - no doubt about it. He's installed defense for this team but can't make adjustments once other teams sort his guys out...

i agree with most ppl here and have to say that brown is a big factor in the team's under-performance. he simply tweaked the playing group too much during the season and then the playoffs. no other teams left in the playoffs now (and even in the second round) changed their starting lineup from what it was during the season (besides phoenix because lopez got injured)

orlando is a great example of playing with the same team. it seems that no matter what happens coach van gundy would play the same starting lineup and give the bench consistent minutes, unless someone starts heating up. lakers have always done the same thing too.

it blows my mind that jj hickson got FA minutes

and i yes i think everyone is forgetting how well boston played! they were well coached and had players with the right mindset to win. I think KG, PP and Ray were always goin to give it their all, rondo, KP and baby seem to have no fear against any opponent and well everyone knew but forgot how important a player like rasheed is to a team in the playoffs.

By the way Brown hasn't been fired, he's received the dreaded' public backing' of his GM!!! Famous last words!

By the way Brown hasn't been fired, he's received the dreaded' public backing' of his GM!!! Famous last words!

Yup as a South Sydney supporter i've heard that many times before. Mr Brown good luck finding a new job :wave:

Hickson's got hands of stone, can't read defense, and can't even do much on offense other than make wide open dunks. And that's when he's not getting blocked! Jamison never clicked this year, but if Lebron does stay, I'm confident Jamison's hard-working and smart enough to gel with him over the off-season. And the other reason I'd keep him is his albatross of a contract, meaning he'd be too hard to get rid of anyway. Most of the other players who didn't step up have smaller, or at least shorter, contracts.

---------- Post added 15-05-2010 at 08:51 AM ----------

As for Hickson's "great" play that you, and to be fair a decent percentage of Cavs fans, are talking about, I just don't see it. 8.5 points, 5 rebounds, and nearly more than twice as many turnovers as assists is good play? Mind you, this was from our STARTING power forward for most of the season! About the only thing he does better than Varejao is highlight dunks. Oooh, FLASHY!

I watched a fair few Cavs games this year & Hickson always seemed very lively energetic & was really good in getting things going.... his man-to-man defense can't be any worse than Jamison..... Jamison really doesn't do anything on D so I think Hickson is a plus at that end.... Jamison's only real bonus over Hickson is his better offense, which he displayed none of in the last series & not a huge amount since they got him.

Btw.... wasn't really factoring in any contracts or anything with my thoughts, was just talking in general, as I thought you were, with regards to who you would keep on the team.... I know Jamison's contract is pretty much impossible to get rid of..... :p

As for Brown...... SI reports he is fired, but Dan Gilbert (the owner) said he isn't & said those reports were false...... however, we'll see. ;)

sup guys dont know if its been posted on here yet im away for the wknd so havnt had time to search all the threads but its all over the net that Lebron found out his mum has been having an affair with team mate Delonte West he found out game 4, this sure explains his lack of trying, I dont know how true it is but LeBron was not him self, google it guys check it out.....

sup guys dont know if its been posted on here yet im away for the wknd so havnt had time to search all the threads but its all over the net that Lebron found out his mum has been having an affair with team mate Delonte West he found out game 4, this sure explains his lack of trying, I dont know how true it is but LeBron was not him self, google it guys check it out.....

Oh wow...... if that sh*t is true, that's just crazy & equals Deltonte's ticket out of there. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom