Official 2012-13 Offseason thread - trades, rumours, etc

I think it's a good move by OKC, Harden tried to screw them for more money, he would still be there if he had take the $52Mil they offered. Which in my opinion is far more than he is worth.

Love it! OKC wins big-time, if we had signed Harden we would've had to amnesty Perkins. Now we remove the log-jam at centre by moving Aldrich too!

So you would rather Perkins than Harden? I would take Harden everyday of the week, and then go out and get a role playing cheap FA big man who can rebound and defend, as that is about all Perkins does.

I think Houston has improved far more than OKC has, though if Martin can stay healthy, then OKC still has scoring punch off the bench, but Harden created for team more than Martin does. Harden a creator and finisher, Martin a finisher only.

Having said that, OKC have avoided any sort of internal team turmoil by trading Harden before season has started, and has also avoided risk of not getting anything in return next offseason, so maybe I would have to say that this is the best type of trade... which is a great trade for both teams.

So you would rather Perkins than Harden? I would take Harden everyday of the week, and then go out and get a role playing cheap FA big man who can rebound and defend, as that is about all Perkins does.

I think Houston has improved far more than OKC has, though if Martin can stay healthy, then OKC still has scoring punch off the bench, but Harden created for team more than Martin does. Harden a creator and finisher, Martin a finisher only.

Having said that, OKC have avoided any sort of internal team turmoil by trading Harden before season has started, and has also avoided risk of not getting anything in return next offseason, so maybe I would have to say that this is the best type of trade... which is a great trade for both teams.

Well you mean, rather Perkins and Martin for Harden? Definitely! Perkins was perhaps, and probably still is, the only big man who can stop both Howard and Bynum!

i dont think that okc need harden as much as they need perkins

OKC have robbed the shit outta HOU in this deal, or maybe it's HOU's fault, lol, either way, the Thunder definitely are clear winners IMO.

Harden was asking for big bucks, but the dude's worth it. 6th-Men players who can really impact a game, and possible change the results are hard to come by.

OKC now just need to fill that void off the bench, if Lamb can provide, they'll definitely be competing again and again. K-Mart's legs are an eyebrow raiser, didnt he miss a stack of games last season from injury(s)?

The Draft Picks may also be a deal-winner too. 2x first rounders, and a 2nd. Cole Aldridge, Daequan Cook & Lazar Hayward are definitely NOT players worth keeping, so by "dumping" these guys to HOU, OKC have jumped well ahead in this deal.

Think we all know the main reason harden is gone............. Andy is Back haha

Todays News:

Saturday, Oct. 27• Atlanta waived guard James Anderson and forward Damion James.
• Cleveland waived forward Michael Eric, forward Eric Jones and guard D'Aundray Brown.
• Dallas signed forward Melvin Ely and forward Chris Douglas-Roberts.
• L.A. Lakers waived guard Andrew Goudelock.
• Memphis waived guard Ronald Dupree, center Jerome Jordan and guard Ronald Murray.
• Milwaukee waived guard Mustapha Mustapha Farrakhan, guard Eddie Gill, guard Orien Greene and forward Alando Tucker.
• Oklahoma City traded guard James Harden to Houston for guard Kevin Martin, guard Jeremy Lamb, two first-round draft picks and a second-round draft pick. Waived guard Andy Rautins, center Daniel Orton and forward Hollis Thompson.
• Orlando waived forward Quentin Richardson, forward Justin Harper and forward Chris Johnson. Exercised their third-year option on center Nikola Vucevic.
• Philadelphia waived forward Devin Searcy.
• Portland waived guard Demonte Harper, guard Justin Holiday, guard Coby Karl, forward Dallas Lauderdale and forward Adam Morrison. Assigned Harper and Lauderdale to Idaho (NBA D-League).
• Toronto waived center Jamaal Magloire.
• Washington waived guard Steven Gray and forward Shavlik Randolph.

Regular season

Year Team GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
2004–05 Sacramento 45 0 10.1 .385 .200 .655 1.3 .5 .4 .1 2.9
2005–06 Sacramento 72 41 26.6 .480 .369 .847 3.6 1.3 .8 .1 10.8
2006–07 Sacramento 80 80 35.2 .473 .381 .844 4.3 2.2 1.2 .1 20.2
2007–08 Sacramento 61 57 36.3 .456 .402 .869 4.5 2.1 1.0 .1 23.7
2008–09 Sacramento 51 46 38.2 .420 .415 .867 3.6 2.7 1.2 .2 24.6
2009–10 Sacramento 22 21 35.2 .398 .355 .819 4.3 2.6 1.1 .2 19.8
2009–10 Houston 24 22 35.8 .435 .310 .924 2.9 2.3 1.0 .1 21.3
2010–11 Houston 80 80 32.5 .436 .383 .888 3.2 2.5 1.0 .2 23.4
2011–12 Houston 40 40 31.6 .413 .347 .894 2.6 2.8 .7 .1 17.1
Career 475 387 31.3 .443 .377 .865 3.5 2.1 .9 .1 18.4

The games played column is not good!!

From a card collecting point of view, would people stop collecting him for leaving okc

Maybe Martin and Lin can;t work the back court together? I know Martin likes handling the ball as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom