my "oh my god I will be reading for weeks" mailday

Matty76

Banned User
Real Name
Matt Gartside
eBay User
matt2009g
Hello!

Most people would know that I am a bit of a student of sports history but I must admit that I often have to google the terms that some of you guys and girls use on here re: collecting. For example, for ages I had NFI what a "GOAT" mailday was or who/what PSA does!

So I have decided to attempt to get with the program and bought these three books from Amazon, which look unreal and will help to quench my thirst for knowledge on collecting and its history!

Give me an inbox if you want further pics/details - only too happy to oblige! :)
DSC00960.JPG

DSC00964.JPG

DSC00965.JPG

DSC00962.JPG

DSC00963.JPG

DSC00966.JPG

DSC00967.JPG

Have finished reading the first two - "Got 'em, Got 'em, Need 'em" was a bit disappointing, but Mint Condition is an outstanding history of card collecting, right back from the Allen & Ginter days to the Topps, Fleer, Upper Deck rivalry and it even takes you inside what actually occurs at PSA grading. Bloody fantastic!

It's amazing how one thing leads to another Bainy - in Mint Condition, the author actually references the third book that I am going to read next (it is compiled by the president of PSA, Joe Orlando).

Interesting mail day Matty, top stuff!

Would be great if they made one of these but with Australian cards.

Back
Top Bottom