Olajuwon PC mailday

Dodgydave

OzCardTrader
Real Name
David Dawkins
It has been a long time sine I had a decent PC mailday, as I have been stashing cards in the US for over a year.

I did, however, have a small number of cards (8) in Australia which a mate just brought back to New Zealand for me.

So without further ado here goes, starting from uninspiring to slightly more interesting.

2020-21 Panini Mosaic Green — not usually my thing but I was ordering some tobacco card and tall boy top loaders from The Traders and noticed they had this for sale and since I didn't have it in the collection I figured why not...

HO2021MosaicGreen.jpg

2007-08 Ultra Season Crowns Memorabilia

HO0708UltraSC.jpg

2000-01 Upper Deck Legends, Legendary Floor

HO0001UDLF.jpg

2006-07 Upper Deck Trilogy, Generations Past and Future Memorabilia 16/50
— I'm sure there is a good reason to have a Steve Novak/Hakeem Olajuwon combo in everyone's collection!
HO0607UDTrilogy.jpg

1998-99 SPx Finite, Spectrum 214/350 — now we are getting somewhere, 90s, serial numbered and a little sparkle.

HO9899SPXSpectrum.jpg

2000-01 Fleer, Autographics — it's an Autographics (though not one of the 90s ones, unfortunately).

HO0001FleerAutographics.jpg

1997-98 Ultra, Ultrabilities Superstar — now here's some pure 90s goodness! Sparkly over-the-top colours, crazy die-cut and long pack odds.

HO9798UltraUltrabilities.jpg

2006-07 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection, Signatures — one of my favourite autograph sets. Pretty happy to get this one in hand.

HO0607UDUltimateCollectionSig.jpg

Thanks to all who made it this far. Hopefully I will have something a bit more substantial to report before the end of the year.

Some very nice offerings, very rare to see some Olajuwon cards these days and indeed a pleasure.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the comment.

I am slowly starting to add some more of his mid to higher end cars, primarily from the 80s and 90s.

Once day I will get the cards I have stashed in the States back and have a bigger mail day to post!

Nice mailday!

I've been doing the same and stashing away all my cards in the US. I think the last package I got sent home was before COVID. I think there is over 500 cards waiting to be shipped to me. Only problem is the massive cost involved now to ship them home...

I like the Superstar card. It really stands out to me in that lot.

Nice mailday!

I've been doing the same and stashing away all my cards in the US. I think the last package I got sent home was before COVID. I think there is over 500 cards waiting to be shipped to me. Only problem is the massive cost involved now to ship them home...

I like the Superstar card. It really stands out to me in that lot.

I'm a little more frequent with US maildays than that, but still generally ends up being less than one a year. I have a mate in the US holding the cards for me these days, which is saving me a lot of Shipmycards fees, but I am a little worried I am going to give all those savings back when it comes to the final postage/courier costs.

I like the Superstar card too, it has been on the wantlist for a while. It is much shinier in hand than the photo shows and has only one slightly dinged corner (top left) — which I guess isn't bad given it has eight corners!

Somem Hakeem autos and legendary 90s inserts are nothing to sneeze at, way better than 95% of my maildays mate! Collect what you enjoy and like...

Sorry I'm a bad influence on you !!!

Also @Dodgydave where abouts in Chch is Dime City? I will have to check them out next time I'm back home! Didn't realise there was still a store there at all

Dime City is at 3 Handley Cresent in Wigram. It is in a resedential area so don't get worried when you turn into a small cul-de-sac. It's in Paul's garage but really well done. If you look at pics of the inside you would think it is a full on retail store. Lots of glass cabinetry, a TV with NBA games playing and a NBA Jam arcade machine you can apparently play for free. (I didn't realise that it was free, my four year-old niece had to tell me!)
Somem Hakeem autos and legendary 90s inserts are nothing to sneeze at, way better than 95% of my maildays mate! Collect what you enjoy and like...

100% agree. I have definitely tried to focus on 80s and 90s cards. It's definitely cool to add some of the inserts from the 90s that I had heard of but never seen in person.

damn mate so much goodness. don't even know where to start!! the autographics looks unreal!! ultimate is amazing too! is that you're first legendary floor piece? if not im guessing you got it becasue it was multicolour? that's what i do anway. just hoping there's someone else as ridiculous as me.

damn mate so much goodness. don't even know where to start!! the autographics looks unreal!! ultimate is amazing too! is that you're first legendary floor piece? if not im guessing you got it becasue it was multicolour? that's what i do anway. just hoping there's someone else as ridiculous as me.

Thanks. I have a few other floor memorabilia cards but this is the first from that particular set.

Truth be told I got most of the cards from the same person in Australia. They had very high postage to the US so presumably that cut out a lot of buyers and kept the prices very reasonable. I grabbed what I could from them.

Back
Top Bottom