Melbourne demons season 2008 thread.

Thanks for the contribution from your side Cal. Pies were definitely not in form today...with Swan especially very very quiet by his standards. But some of that has tobe contributed to the pressure the Dees put on early.

Has anyone heard any news on what Moloney has done? Looked like wrist?

Well what can I say, we played solid but if Collingwood play like that much more they're not going far this year.

Mclean is the new most lazy footballer in the league. All day just trailing behind pretending he is running full tilt. Get off the ground you useless clown. (And yes I know how many possies he had, but they were the same as most of Scott Burns' 36 touches, 16 of those kicking it amongst themselves for 20 minutes in the last quarter, proud Cal?)

Warnock did towel up Cloke which was good :) Garland tried hard too, but Bell has no brain. Good athlete, but no brain. Yze tried hard, racked up 25 and 2 goals, which was far from our worst. Jeff White is the same hack he has been for 4 years now. Gets his hands on the ball but NEVER hits it to adavntage or to anyone on our team. We really needed someone big up forward as a target, why no Dutchie? Not the best player going round but always provides a target/contest.

And how about Tarkyn Lockyer's nomination for Throw of the year at the top of the goal square? What a joke!

Did forget to say though, good win by the Pies. They controlled it all game and did what they needed to do :) While it wasn't a blow out like some expected, it was never really in doubt. Good job Cal, we'll get you next year!! :thumbsup:

Yze tried hard, racked up 25 and 2 goals, which was far from our worst.

What?? Yze....good. He done a few good things....but in the last quarter when it mattered most blazed away 2-3 times...

His disposal is also not what it used to be....

I reckon your being a bit harsh on Mclean. He was in an under alot today and also tackled well.

Macca had a very quiet game today....and jones wasnt as damaging as we all know he can be.

Shopping list is as follows:

1 tall full forward.

1 ruckman with 2 huge testis in his sack.

2 tall defenders to free Green and co up.

Man I gave Brocky MANY sprays today. His pathetic effort at chasing today was depolarable. Where is the foot speed? Its there, he just ain interested in trying unless he can get a cheap handball. His body language today was piss poor. Our run and carry game that nearly paid of was the main reason his stats were over inflated and made his game look so much better. At least Jones goes and wins the ball and actually hit targets off foot.

If it had off been a wetter day we prob would of got the W imo. The pies ability to hit targets off foot was that much better of ours of course.

Yze shouldn't even be out there. Not at the expense of someone like CJ who has been tearing it up for Sandy earning a spot and he can go forward. We need to blood 'new' talent and see where it takes us. Anyone know why CJ didn't line up today when he was picked?

Great pressure but what do you have to do to get a holding the ball?

Sylvia did a Robbo. Not much and late goals inflate what people think his game was like overall.

I'll take a 20 point loss at the moment when you look at the side we have out there running around. That and the Pies are apparently in the leagues elite.....(yeah right)

Warnock played great and many had rode him off. Garland is getting better and better and Belli is taking a step back every week. What the hell is going on there?

Even better news is that Jim Stynes is our new President come mid week!

A business brain, nice guy and breathes Red and Blue!

Not a bad crowd today considering the weather either and I thought the Dee's supporters were loud. We got there in the first Q and I hear an almighty roar! I assumed the Pies had goaled but to my surprise it was us!

Where are all these fans each week???

Newton was sorely missed today in this lineup. Valenti should return with Beamer out.

2 highlights for me were

1. Medhurst running down jones (no talking from the dees not Jones fault) I really think that was the turning point.

2. neon leons intercept mark and spin then left foot dribble goal......that was..dare I say...SPECIAL!

and thanks benny Warnock was who i was thinking of really gave cloke a bath which noone has been able to do this year.

2 highlights for me were

1. Medhurst running down jones (no talking from the dees not Jones fault) I really think that was the turning point.

2. neon leons intercept mark and spin then left foot dribble goal......that was..dare I say...SPECIAL!

and thanks benny Warnock was who i was thinking of really gave cloke a bath which noone has been able to do this year.

benny warnock? i thought it was mathew? to be honest i think the dees need somemore run in the midfield. green and bruce are constantly pushes forward or going back so they have no link players. also like to see paul wheatley turn into a shaw or mcloed free man. hes a damaging long kick

benny warnock? i thought it was mathew? to be honest i think the dees need somemore run in the midfield. green and bruce are constantly pushes forward or going back so they have no link players. also like to see paul wheatley turn into a shaw or mcloed free man. hes a damaging long kick
I was saying thanks to BennyJ in regards to Warnocks defence

What Cal said, he was saying thanks to me for naming the player, Matthew Warnock that he was refering to.

Our problem isn't that we have no run, it's that we have no target up forward. Even when Robbo is there, he's a forward pocket and needs a big forward he can chime in with.
Our other problem you hit on the head...but it's not that he's pushing forward or back, it's that he's on our list at all. The sooner we ditch Cameron Bruce the better. Should have been him traded, not Trav Johnstone. And Green has developed into a very good leader whom puts himself where we need him most.
Weatley looked good today and it seems he was trying out the rover position which I am not sure I have seen before.

OK I'm officially on the Jeff White couldnt win a tap out to advantage if it bit him on the ass team as well....

Ohhh ups, then downs, BIG downs, Some ups, back to sleep, UP AGAIN, back to ****e again.

All in the one game.

Ahhhh at least Jimmy will turn the team around off field right?

How bloody long till Newts gets back in this side?

OK I'm officially on the Jeff White couldnt win a tap out to advantage if it bit him on the ass team as well....

Ohhh ups, then downs, BIG downs, Some ups, back to sleep, UP AGAIN, back to ****e again.

All in the one game.

Ahhhh at least Jimmy will turn the team around off field right?

How bloody long till Newts gets back in this side?

Yay Chad, welcome to the Jeff White is hack club :) I am the leader and starter of this club a whole 4 years ago and it's great to have 1 of the leaders of this board in it :D

Disappointing today but nothing I haven;t seen this season so far...

Newton from what I have seen is a slow, no effort, no second effort nothing player and the fact that he can;t get in our team speaks volumes to me...

Newton from what I have seen is a slow, no effort, no second effort nothing player and the fact that he can;t get in our team speaks volumes to me...

But Ductchy kicked 4 goals on the Tigers in the same game last year didn't he?:lol::lol::lol:

At least Newts is a tall target. We just dont have on.

Davey got mark of the week though and that got me up out of my seat! :worthy::worthy::worthy::D:D:D

Dunn was credited for the job on Foley but he sure didnt want to contribute anything but that.

The Tigers were on the verge of rolling over and dieing but we just arn't good enough to close out teams for that long in a Q.

The Wet Toasters lost but a Richmond win and another Carlton loss helps us out to get the players in the draft we so surely need. I'm not a fan of tankng and HATE losing but in reality winning hurts us more long term.

And lastly one last spray at the AFL.

Sunday 4.40pm twighlight game in WINTER at the DOME when both teams are MCG tennents. And the AFL tells us to get more people to the games :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Way to do us a favour guys :thumbsup:

Sunday 4.40pm twighlight game in WINTER at the DOME when both teams are MCG tennents. And the AFL tells us to get more people to the games :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Way to do us a favour guys :thumbsup:

On the plus side, it was a Tigers home game was it not? So shouldn't have affected our profit margins :D

Good thing too.

Now just to correct why Green isn't in the leadership and our captain LOL

Totally agree. Last year when I thought Neitz was going to give up the ghost Green was my choice. He may not be big each game but his on field leadership and knowledge of where to put himself and when. It doesn't show up or get talked about when your team is losing and it isn't a stat, but the guy does so many jobs and is constantly trying to fill the many many holes we have...

And at Green's age and time of his career it'd be the perfect filler for Jones ;) God help us if we go with Bruce or Mclean...

I agree with Newton as a tall target, but I'd rather have Dutchie in there. Not the most skilled player but he big, strong, has good hands and tries his darndest. Newton makes Dutchie look like Maurice Greene!

i was at yesterdays game and i thought the dees play 2 and bit quarters of good footy,they lacked a forward as you guys mentioned,and i agree about newts but last i heard he was playing vfl reserves(strange)
i thought jones and i thought Clint Bartram played well!

im not a dees support but my girlfriend is!

i thoght the dees played ok,but having richo play back half the game didnt help you guys!

cheers

White dropped this week and as you can see a few of us Dee's fans are happy with that.

Now we are getting accussed of tanking by fans of other teams citing White's dream team stats of all things.... Geez what an expert way to look at the game of AFL.

Glad to see Bailey reads this thread LOL

Looking forward to seeing the Lions in person. Not a team I get to see very often.

If the Lions don't turn up as much as they should and kick wayward they could be in for a shock based on some of our recent work ethic.

I just dont think the usual 2 and a half or so Q's will be enough though.

White dropped this week and as you can see a few of us Dee's fans are happy with that.

Now we are getting accussed of tanking by fans of other teams citing White's dream team stats of all things.... Geez what an expert way to look at the game of AFL.

Glad to see Bailey reads this thread LOL

Looking forward to seeing the Lions in person. Not a team I get to see very often.
If the Lions don't turn up as much as they should and kick wayward they could be in for a shock based on some of our recent work ethic.

I just dont think the usual 2 and a half or so Q's will be enough though.

I hear you with that...cause we have sold the home game for the last X amount of years I don;t think I have seen Johnno Brown play in person! But alas I have a very important family thing on today that I'm being made to go to...so still won;t see him :(

Good to see White dropped. Dream Team stats :lol: Priddis had 45 possies and Kerr 40 the other day = perfect Dream team stats...fat lot of good it did the Coasters!

good win today by the dees,got home with 5mins to play and was yelling and carrying on like i barrack for em,oh well my g/f does,i think i was more excited the her:lol:

good win fellas

cheers

edit...i picked them in my tips also!

Valenti seems to be a good young goer..... McLean is useless he's out of my supercoach team, At least Brown scored 150ish :)

Back
Top Bottom