Melbourne demons season 2008 thread.

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
What more needs to be said?????

I call for a name change. Melbourne Connex.

Too many passengers and often never show up.

Not only the players but the piss poor supporters that don't show up every week. Way to supports the cliches :D

Hold your head high Jonesy. This need not apply to you.

Re: Demons. Absolute disgrace.

It was sad to watch. I wanted the Dogs to win, but I was hoping for more from the Demons - but hey what can you expect from a team whose members voted in the majority to merge back in 1996! Again I say thank God for Don Scott and Ian Dicker.

The problem is Melbourne has no heart or soul anymore. They used to be the absolute pinnacle of the comp many many years ago... they need to find that spirit again.

Actually AJ back in then the MAJORITY were unable to vote due to a lot of circumstances and this portrayal of demons members has continued to today. I suggest some do some research on what really went on back then and the board not the members push for the merger. Just look at the amount of votes recieved that night and how many were't counted or let into the meeting. And what the supporters do has no bearing on what players do. This playing group is far removed of that one decades ago and deserves its own grief based on recent performances not of those from decades ago and boards long gone.

Taking pot shots at our recent losses using merger talk of years gone by just is completely irelavent.

Just how many of the knockers are members of their own clubs??? Paid up members or go most weeks.

By no means am i standing up for the teams performance but a team is as good as its current members and players. Nothing else.

While the records show that our members voted for a merger this was not really reflective of the real picture.

The merger was being railroaded through by Ridley and others who were desparate to push it through by stealth.Relevant information to remember is:

There was a stacking of Proxy votes.
The Committee deliberately picked out a small voting venue that would lock out thousands of "No Merger" voters.
The secrecy surrounding the merger before it was outed by Eddie McGuire on the Footy Show gave Anti Merger people limited time to rally their troops.

If the vote was conducted in a proper democratic fashion then there is no way the outcome would have been that the Melbourne members voted to merge.

I heard that if the Hawthorn members hadn't voted against the Merger then the Melbourne Anti Merger faction had court action ready to roll the next day that would have declared the way the vote was condcuted by the Melbourne Committee as unlawfull for many reasons.

So whilst history shows that the Melbourne members voted to merge,had the vote been conducted in a fair and democratic manner then there is NO WAY that the outcome would have been a Yes vote for the merger.

I think it is important to set the record straight on this!

There spoken my piece and back to todays effort that was pathetic of course. Still some of us turn up every week and put up with it. What else can we do of course.

Frawley in next week PLEASE!

Sorry Chad didn't mean to upset ya there and I know its a diff group of people - but I just look at my team today and think how I was nearly robbed of watching my team by your club - you have to understand how that irks me at times ;)

I don't think that AJ was having a pot shot there Chad. I think she was sympathising with your plight....

Anyway.
Further bad news for the Dees with Aaron Davey's injury.
Jones worked hard all day for the Dees and McDonald once again gave his all. If everyone had the effort and endeavour of those two then the dees would be in far better shape.

I don't think that AJ was having a pot shot there Chad. I think she was sympathising with your plight....

Anyway.
Further bad news for the Dees with Aaron Davey's injury.
Jones worked hard all day for the Dees and McDonald once again gave his all. If everyone had the effort and endeavour of those two then the dees would be in far better shape.

I don't know which game you were watching but Macca had a shocker. Jones gave his all but was only spotted in the first half. Paul Johnson was our only 4 quarter contributer and boy am I impressed with his hands and work ethic. For a big guy to get down low and pick the ball up as easily as he does...Jeff White can hold his head up high too, and I am usually a huge knocker of White.

You know your team is in trouble when your 'star' factor is based on Cameron Bruce, Brock Mclean and now, I regrettably add Brad Green. Could you get three more soft, useless dropkicks in the league? Bruce should have been the trade bait and not Trav after the pathetic season he had last year, and Brock was considered Captain material! When Neitz looks quicker than you, more skilled than you and is putting in more effort than you and he's some 12 years older and twice your size, you know there is something wrong.

And the more disturbing thing? The Dogs were just Average...and we still got dominated. The Hawks at least played at their level and were phenomenal. The Dogs played at our level and still killed us.

Can't get to Geelong next week, but will be back at the G for the Roos the week after. Hopefully I see something...anything!

I don't know which game you were watching but Macca had a shocker

I was watching the game where McDonald had ten tackles - 3 more than any other demon, and twenty disposals.

I was watching the game where McDonald had ten tackles - 3 more than any other demon, and twenty disposals.

With 10 clangers and constant playing on into trouble. That's not football. Plus 5 of those were in 1 30 second bit of play when they handpassed it amongst each other in a circle for a while after he played on into trouble and they had to try and get out of it.

Well sorry AJ but if you are thinking of such things over a decade on when you guys are well safe in Vic....well

I was just clearing up the misconceptions still held about that time and what went on as a lot of **** is slung at us supporters about it all and it doesn't clearly portray the supporter base especially the members who are the only ones that actually get to vote on such things. They were run like like a Zimbabwean election.

I paid up that year like many others and our membership yesterday on the big screen right or wrong was listed at 28,000 already. A decent amount after these two awful rounds.

I think the weather gets to more Dee's fans than others. Any hint of rain and they stay away in droves....Its footy people! You get wet occasionly, big deal. Rain often gives good footy.

TJ was a lazy footy player no matter how good he was. Still glad he is gone but sad a few others you mention still wont go get the ball. Brocky gets his headspace stuffed up too often now and goes off the boil. No leadership to speak off. In fact NOT ONE player pulled the group together or showed any on field leadership at all. We lack a real captain on the field other teams have.

Bruce spent far too long down back on Johnson. Why was Bailey protecting a 80 point lead? After that point of the game playing to limit the losses and not trying all avenues to win the ball and score is ridiculous. At least we didn't have 3 talls up forward ALL game like last week with no adjustments.

PJ has been great. Missed a sitter of a goal early but worked hard again second week in a row. Hate to say it but Carrol came out strong too but only early. We had the Doggies in shambles early on but failed to take advantage of their turnovers on the scorebaord like they did. We locked it up in our 50M very well but fell apart further out in the middle. Forced them to way overuse the ball.

Bloody hard to watch the handpasses to teamates with 3 players on them, kicks to 1 on 3's and doggies breaking tackle after tackle.

Dunn was 5 steps slower than Hahn and we really need Rivers, Frawley and Bate back badly and thats an uderstatement.

I just want to get more than the one quarter we got yesterday and actually win a quarter for the first time this year. Fire up Dees and give us something.

If i can secure a reserved seat I'll be down Geelong next weekend. Hopefully the fact that its easy to drive down to the game gets Dee's members in the cars they love and to the game. I'll be on the train though of course LOL

And agree with Macca. Stats lie and he had little bearing on proceedings out there yesterday. Tackles were in packs were the ball was held in. Not tackles of players in play stopping the Doggies moving the ball and too many short handpasses to teamates under pressure or poor disposal due to he being under pressure.

Macca gets a mulligan as he has been a champion for so long though.

When Jones was off we didn't get any center tap out clearences to a roving center.

Well sorry AJ but if you are thinking of such things over a decade on when you guys are well safe in Vic....well

I was just clearing up the misconceptions still held about that time and what went on as a lot of **** is slung at us supporters about it all and it doesn't clearly portray the supporter base especially the members who are the only ones that actually get to vote on such things. They were run like like a Zimbabwean election.

I paid up that year like many others and our membership yesterday on the big screen right or wrong was listed at 28,000 already. A decent amount after these two awful rounds.

I think the weather gets to more Dee's fans than others. Any hint of rain and they stay away in droves....Its footy people! You get wet occasionly, big deal. Rain often gives good footy.

TJ was a lazy footy player no matter how good he was. Still glad he is gone but sad a few others you mention still wont go get the ball. Brocky gets his headspace stuffed up too often now and goes off the boil. No leadership to speak off. In fact NOT ONE player pulled the group together or showed any on field leadership at all. We lack a real captain on the field other teams have.

Bruce spent far too long down back on Johnson. Why was Bailey protecting a 80 point lead? After that point of the game playing to limit the losses and not trying all avenues to win the ball and score is ridiculous. At least we didn't have 3 talls up forward ALL game like last week with no adjustments.

PJ has been great. Missed a sitter of a goal early but worked hard again second week in a row. Hate to say it but Carrol came out strong too but only early. We had the Doggies in shambles early on but failed to take advantage of their turnovers on the scorebaord like they did. We locked it up in our 50M very well but fell apart further out in the middle. Forced them to way overuse the ball.

Bloody hard to watch the handpasses to teamates with 3 players on them, kicks to 1 on 3's and doggies breaking tackle after tackle.

Dunn was 5 steps slower than Hahn and we really need Rivers, Frawley and Bate back badly and thats an uderstatement.

I just want to get more than the one quarter we got yesterday and actually win a quarter for the first time this year. Fire up Dees and give us something.

If i can secure a reserved seat I'll be down Geelong next weekend. Hopefully the fact that its easy to drive down to the game gets Dee's members in the cars they love and to the game. I'll be on the train though of course LOL

Haha great summation Chad :) Didn't know you were a Dees supporter! The other thing I forgot to mention was that it seems our backline doesn;t work for each other. Too many times I watched others sit back with clear intentions of "I can;t let my opponant get the ball, I need to look good". A ball coming in high and you leave your teammate whom is only 3m away 1 out when all you had to do is step up and punch that ball away instead of watch him mark it?

Wish I could get down to Geelong...but I'll be in no state to drive or probably even get up on Sunday after a mates 21st satday!

And must say, thanks for clearing up some misconceptions about the merge talk. I was only 12 at the time and was not a member so didn;t know a thing about it. So it;s good to know it wasn;t really our supporters jumping off us lke everything always says. Have been a member for 8 years running now, since I was 15, even though I am a full MCC member! I never use my full Melbourne Membership unless we play a home game at the Dome, but need to support the team :D

Give us a run-down of the Cats game next week. Always get a much better picture from being there than reading/watching whatever.

Last time I went to Geelong with my father in law(Dees fan also) and when we were up by 5 goals or so I bought the geelong fans next to me a beer for a laugh and told them to drink up and cheer up LOL

THEN the cats come screaming back, Jamars goal was deemed a mark on the line and game ended in a draw! Wont be buying beers for anyone this time round too early LMAO

At least with Johono gone some of our supporters wont be screaming out his name each week without the T in in.

Lastly a tie with my membership???????????????????????????

Too gitchy to wear to a workplace, not worn at other occasions etc etc. About time we start pushing the club to the non silver spoon set hey? A demons stubbie holder anyone????

Last time I went to Geelong with my father in law(Dees fan also) and when we were up by 5 goals or so I bought the geelong fans next to me a beer for a laugh and told them to drink up and cheer up LOL

THEN the cats come screaming back, Jamars goal was deemed a mark on the line and game ended in a draw! Wont be buying beers for anyone this time round too early LMAO

At least with Johono gone some of our supporters wont be screaming out his name each week without the T in in.

Lastly a tie with my membership???????????????????????????

Too gitchy to wear to a workplace, not worn at other occasions etc etc. About time we start pushing the club to the non silver spoon set hey? A demons stubbie holder anyone????

Haha I didnt kind the tie this year as I wanted a Dees tie! And after 2 years of a scarf... But Stubbie holder next year for sure! But I doubt it...

Back
Top Bottom