Melbourne demons season 2008 thread.

haha man u guys are still talking about the dees win...spose u have another week or so before reality kicks in again...it'll sound something like "we're the pride of south australia..."

Certainly will, but hey a hole like Adelaide needs something to be proud of :p

And I talk about the Dees win lose draw or get humiliated by 100 points. Don't like it, get out of the thread.

lol, Adeliade and Hawthorn are my 2 favourite non Pies teams atm...they are single handedly holding my Supercoach team together......aswell as Brocky Mclean...:)

lol, Adeliade and Hawthorn are my 2 favourite non Pies teams atm...they are single handedly holding my Supercoach team together......aswell as Brocky Mclean...:)

Haha that's cause supercoach doesn't discern backwards kicks and useless possessions or 'effective' handpasses to players in danger from any other possession! haha

Haha that's cause supercoach doesn't discern backwards kicks and useless possessions or 'effective' handpasses to players in danger from any other possession! haha

oooh that hurts lol....

Man Bock is a superstar

I have Adelaide

Bock
McLeod
Tippett
Burton (steal of the year b4 round 1)

and Hawthorn

Birchall
Rioli (steal aswell)
Roughead (steal as a backman!!)

they are holding my team together.

oooh that hurts lol....

Man Bock is a superstar

I have Adelaide

Bock
McLeod
Tippett
Burton (steal of the year b4 round 1)

and Hawthorn

Birchall
Rioli (steal aswell)
Roughead (steal as a backman!!)

they are holding my team together.

Not sure since I haven't been into my supercaoch since 3 weeks prior to season start when I picked my team, but I think I have:
Bock, McLeod, Johncock from Adelaide
Franklin...think that's it from Hawthorn :)

Bradshaw has been my steal from prior to the season I would have to guess! (plus you told me he was doing well for me a few weeks back :D)

Certainly will, but hey a hole like Adelaide needs something to be proud of :p

And I talk about the Dees win lose draw or get humiliated by 100 points. Don't like it, get out of the thread.

it was just a joke man...kinda like u guys pretending u couldn't beat freo for a half...woulda been funnier if the cats hadn't of done it the week before but at least it was believable when the dees did it ;)

it was just a joke man...kinda like u guys pretending u couldn't beat freo for a half...woulda been funnier if the cats hadn't of done it the week before but at least it was believable when the dees did it ;)

Haha yeah man we sucked in that first half. I was sitting there in the stands, head in hands...Bate couldn't even catch the ball, no 1 was running...so pretty much like all the first 6 games...haha

Hey Oakleigh's not far from me :) I'm in Surrey Hills.

Haha yeah man we sucked in that first half. I was sitting there in the stands, head in hands...Bate couldn't even catch the ball, no 1 was running...so pretty much like all the first 6 games...haha

Hey Oakleigh's not far from me :) I'm in Surrey Hills.

Oakleigh represent :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well the first quarter was passable it seemed with Valenti getting straight into the frey, however we didn;t seem to come out of the huddle after that break...

My Demons did me proud today :D:D:D:D:D

For four Q's we put on the pressure and fought right till the end despite the men in green not acknowleging the tackler and rewarding the man with the ball going to ground.

Thats the footy we want to see boys :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Hawks had it taken to them and we took it to the Hawks all day. Damn shame we couldn't pull off a fairy tale win for our retiring champ :(

One of the best games I've seen Bate play and so many positives with form starting to shine thru for a lot of our guys. The loss of White might of been the real nail in the coffin. :cry:

Just goes to show that if you play good old fashioned hard at it footy and do your homework with players showing commitment you can take it to any team. Whilst it was obvious we lacked the offensive firepower of the Hawks we made up for it by wanting the ball more :thumbsup:

Now a usual rant ;)

Where were all the Demons fans?? Even stacks of members with reserved seats failed to turn up :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Damn shame they missed an absolute great game of footy and to cheer off our ONLY 300 gameer at the G on a nice day :mad::mad:

If we turn up like that every week wins will roll in just about every week.:D

Totally agreed Chad :) Was a great effort by the boys and they can hold their heads high. Bruce was disappointing, but all round good effort by the boys.

However I don;t agree on White. He's been past his useby for the last 3 years and I think today the fact that we could do that without him helps prove it. He gets hands on the footy but NEVER tips it to any of our advantage.

Very happy to see PJ back and good to see the guys take a hard nut approach at times :)

Supporters were VERY disappointing. 41,000 at that game, most of them Hawks fans? What the hell?

Well....um....pretty good today.

I can handle a loss a little better when you can see everyone is trying their best. We were just beaten by a better team today....and in saying that Collingwood were not at their best.

Sylvia looked good up forward....but lazy towards the end! McLean was very good and equal leading possie getter on the field. Bruce was also good today.

Bate had a shocker today and the ball didnt bounce his way once.

But the real problem....OUR BLOODY BACKLINE.:cry: I dont know what the solution is, but we really need some height down there to start with.

Your thoughts Ben/Chad?

Oh and....Yze....well...what can you say....retire. Terrible today....did 1 or 2 good things...but blazed away for most of the day and missed some eay set shots.

Another good win by my boys today but as this is the Demons thread I will say what I saw from the dees, as an unbaised onlooker.

McLean a standout but your midfield is slower than ours and thats saying something. Yze at least 2 years past his prime is basically embarassing himself out there, he's not at AFL level these days, and lastly his name escapes me but whoever played on cloke gave him a bit of a touchup today and did a great Job on an In-form player.

Go PiEs!!!

Back
Top Bottom