Melbourne demons season 2008 thread.

:woot::woot::woot::woot::D:D:D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::v::v::v:

You bloody beauty!

What a great game! Stuff the cheer squad our section is clearly the loudest and proudest in the G. Jimmy Stynes came down to us towards the end to cheers 3ft from me and boy did we celebrate!

The Dees certainly turned up today and kept up the pressure denying the Lions the delivery they need to operate their forward line.

The men in yellow were in the Lions best. They kicked more goals than Brown :mad:

Jamar did us proud today and White can stay in the seconds. Jamar's tap work was brilliant and PJ stood up when needed.. NEVER have I seen the MCC stand up and cheer like they did today when PJ ran the player down after a 150M chase and never giving up!

Some BIG TIME plays today. Too many to mention but Steffans contested mark was huge! Miller was HUGE! Bucks run down.....on and on.

That type of footy is contagious and hardly a week link out there.

Hey hey about my boy CJ!!!!! Told you to give him a go and he didn't disapoint again! His best game EVERY by FAR!

Brocky is a lazy unfit ****. Nothing more to say there.

Our youngest team fielded in what? 10 years? No 200 gamer out there??

Oh boy! Only 23,000 there, a lot of Lions but thats passion showed by the fans that turned up today. That was so loud with only 23,000 we still didn't even hear the siren let alone the start of the theme song LOL I thought Green had kicked the goal too!

I'd be here all day if I wrote about all the great 1%ers the guys did today.

The only way we are going to win. Shut down footy and finally in the past weeks we are doing it in the middle NOT just playing defensive down back trying to minimise any large defeat. Cause turn overs in the middle and you are set to go inside 50!

Cracking game of footy! If we don't get another 500+ members tomorrow I'll be mad as all hell.

They stood up, were on top all day for the most part, didn't let the game slip away and fought to the very end! First time all year we actually quickly answered goals.

Stuff you umpires! You failed to give the Lions the win!

Nice stuff Chad glad you had a good day, I was one of the people that always stood up for Mclean but I'm over him now hes a fat fuk and as lazy as a (can I say that?)no you can't PJ ran down SHERMAN!!! I was sitting here at home watching and had a good laugh...Sherman panicked when he saw the big man closing and just turned it over, it was great. Jonathan Brown is still a superstar, just about single handedly beat the Dees on 1 knee....if we could just get him to the Pies!! lol

Well Done Dees!! well deserved win.

For those that are intersted....

Werribee Tigers 5.4 7.7 9.13 13.15 (93)
Sandringham 0.2 6.3 9.5 13.9 (87)

GOALS:
Werribee Tigers: Brown 3 Henderson 2 Podsiadly 2 McMahon 2 Davies Young Chisholm Sheringham
Sandringham: Sautner 4 Newton 2 Lamb 2 Morton Poyas Summers Bell Yze

BEST:
Werribee Tigers: Goldstein Thompson Davies Greenwood Howard Ross
Sandringham: Yze Newton Liddell Crowe Frawley White

But as usual the report doesn't always tell the full story. From a fan at the game.

I dont know who does the best on ground

Cale Morton was easily Melbourne's best Sandringham player.. Kicked a ripper snap from 40m out!!

Yze?? Were Sandy that bad??

Netwon looked good in the air but managed just 2.5

Frawley looked uneasy at times in defence..

White's form was patchy and was beaten by Goldstein.

Bell was physical but lack any substance

Messen shouldnt be playing at this level. 50m penalty late cost Sandy the match!!

McNarmara seems to be improving

Weetra reported for tripping in the ressies

Carroll looked better suited in the hairdressing salon then at full back

Whit can stay with Sandy for now. Jamar/PJ worked great today and won the ruck battle easily.

Weetra can't even get a game for Sandy 1sts....

Yze stays there as we go with youth. No use developing vetrans is it.

Carrol stays down there too and Frawley gets a nod before he does.

Newton gets back in to see what he has again as soon as we can and we go back to the ruckmen sharing the load rather than going forward. Neither are goal kickers.

Morts comes back in at someones expense...?

Meeson is a dead set dud.!

And lets not forget Pettard may be ready to go soon fingers crossed.

Macca? Maloney is how long???

Let the kids play I say. Today we won and we are still last. WIN WIN I say!

Brisbane fans even posted a fat lady late in the fourth LMAO PURE gold off bigfooty.

They even blame the umps for the loss...? Seems every man and his dog not even Dee's fans saw it the other way.

No Newts today as he simply can't be bothered trying it seems. What a waste.

No Chad at the game today either, I'm simply too tired to sit out in the cold this arvo and I'll watch it on TV instead. Got the hotdogs and beer waiting.

Lucsa out for them and Miller for us. I'd be looking at the Dons over 39pts today if I had a punt.

Oh yeah, did I mention Newton is a lazy *****??

No Newts today as he simply can't be bothered trying it seems. What a waste.

No Chad at the game today either, I'm simply too tired to sit out in the cold this arvo and I'll watch it on TV instead. Got the hotdogs and beer waiting.

Lucsa out for them and Miller for us. I'd be looking at the Dons over 39pts today if I had a punt.

Oh yeah, did I mention Newton is a lazy *****??

It's great to see we thinka like Chad :D (Though I wasn't too tired to go). Good effort today with skill errors costing us. A couple of dubious umpiring decisions, but nothing that drastically changed the game.

Morton showed me something today which was good. He's been a little 'caught in the headlights' for my liking too often. Sylvia was good apart from his typical couple of skill errors. Bate impressed me greatly, there's still hope for him when he tries. And Valenti and Maric are going to very good players :)

Yeah that number 17 was good eh. And I'm not talking about CJ LOL

Brain fades and not hitting targets. Right in it till the end and good result in the end really. The kids showed real promise and shouldn't be too down about that close loss. And we finish lower and get a better draft pick and Essendon finish middle of the road and gain what?

Hurts losing Garland as he was really hitting his straps and Davey might just get shut down for the year now with his hamstring.

Looking forward to next week. Big stage friday night football and lets hope those paying at the gate turn up for us.

Yeah that number 17 was good eh. And I'm not talking about CJ LOL

Brain fades and not hitting targets. Right in it till the end and good result in the end really. The kids showed real promise and shouldn't be too down about that close loss. And we finish lower and get a better draft pick and Essendon finish middle of the road and gain what?

Hurts losing Garland as he was really hitting his straps and Davey might just get shut down for the year now with his hamstring.

Looking forward to next week. Big stage friday night football and lets hope those paying at the gate turn up for us.

Oh was it Davey's hamstring? I heard it was his ankle all game bothering him.

Brocky donates $10k to the club and all of a sudden everyone is saying give him the captaincy??:confused::confused::confused::confused::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Do these people even watch games??:rolleyes: Bloody idiots if they want this guy to LEAD our club.

And fans particulary Richmond fans sticking the boot in after last nights game have dead set got blinkers on. Over the last 20 years only WC and Essendon have made the finals more than the Demons. And Richmond got smashed by the Cats last year. Short memory some have as far as on field and off field issues.

Last night I sat in the lower as usual, got drenched and froze my ass off. My knees wont work today and I still pretty dumbstruck. Wheels showed last night the difference between the modern footballer with all its skill and the guy that goes hard in the rain. :worthy:

Our debt nearly halved this week and maybe when Johnno wins goal of the year (If it was Dale Thomas that goal would be on the font of the Herald Sun:rolleyes: ) he can raffle the prize away for the club too :lol:

How anyone gets enjoyment out of pushing for some one elses club to cease to exist is beyond me :blink: These guys are the ones sitting in the outer being assholes and going along to yell at the umps and shout out crap to players they hate rather than be supporters.

If they want more money from me though they have to go harder at the ball and contest the bloody thing. I'll pay up more if they put up more. Hell I'll even rattle tins if I have to.

And if you are trolling the site for advice boys....

Bate, did you learn anything last night? Play in front??

Whilst I realise that was a young team out there once again, no forward 50 target to speak of, poor gameplan and Nathan Carroll. I still expect more than that on the national stage when the clubs plight is what it is.

Bye Bye Whitey :wave: Bye Bye Carroll :wave:

Yze to return now for his goodbyes :thumbsup::wave:

And people say footy is soft these days. What do supportes complain about at demon land? No friday night blockbusters, too many sunday games et)c etc.

And do any of them turn up when we do get one?? Its a winter sport people, bloody soft as usual. Get the **** over it and turn up or don't ***** when our club is gone. (or donate 500k to make up for it:lol:)

Watts or Nata??:D

Back
Top Bottom