Footy Stars 2023

What’s going on with the distribution of this product?

I haven’t seen a single pack at a Coles or a 7-11 - including dozens of stores that received boxes/cases last year. My local Coles used to receive 2-3 cases (it’s a large store) and this year received nothing. Are these stores no longer stockists?

I’ve found packs in the wild at a handful of Coles Express and Woolworths stores but that’s it. Really stark difference to previous years.

In previous years

Melbourne inner north. I’ve asked around local Coles and none of them have received stock - weird.
was thinking the same just yesterday
have hit 3 woolworths and none have received any stock yet down here
are wolly's out off the circle?

Been having some luck with Kmart, placed 2 orders of Kmart blasters. Only able to order 3 starters at a time, had some orders refunded also. Happy to get what I get just wish it was more thought-out on how to distribute these, 90 players at 130 print run not many starters 11,700 starters so may not be available much longer. Hope you all are having luck getting these and happy ripping.

Been having some luck with Kmart, placed 2 orders of Kmart blasters. Only able to order 3 starters at a time, had some orders refunded also. Happy to get what I get just wish it was more thought-out on how to distribute these, 90 players at 130 print run not many starters 11,700 starters so may not be available much longer. Hope you all are having luck getting these and happy ripping.
Zero for me in launceston Tassie was told they got some couple weeks ago soldout in seconds never been any online at my postcode the horse has bolted now making it 3 now when it was as many as you liked at the start if this is going to be a thing going forward it’s going to be a crap show every year all because of a pink card that can be flip for easy money or starters sold for 50 plus because of the pink card

Why is a pies platinum premiership predictor selling for 300 plus it’s not like they are 1 dollar 50 favs it’s bloody round one

Zero for me in launceston Tassie was told they got some couple weeks ago soldout in seconds never been any online at my postcode the horse has bolted now making it 3 now when it was as many as you liked at the start if this is going to be a thing going forward it’s going to be a crap show every year all because of a pink card that can be flip for easy money or starters sold for 50 plus because of the pink ca

I'm in Brisbane you're not wrong it's a shit show, my local Kmart has been low stock for days, yet they don't have any in store. I'm not sure how Select worked this out with Kmart but Select is not with collectors just look at their CS its horrible, that's my personal experience. Also lost my SCC for giving my views on how they delt with my issues. I have only bought 1 box from them and it's a lazy release very poor return on them. in my opinion they look after the big boy wankers that only in it to flip, I don't flip, all cards are in PC and I give away all base cards in hopes of getting others in the hobby. Kmart release could have been such a great release if not for the shit show.

Been collecting there stuff from 1995 to now 90% in it for the flip it not collecting if you have to fight bots and getting capta right the first time or bang soldout in 2 minutes or less that is not collecting and this year we no it’s going to be the same I am the about only one left buying friend buys a bit of series one and got some hobby packs as well thinks it’s a joke you have to pay 99 to even get a couple of boxes and a joke you have checkout in 2 minutes to buy the boxes in the general sale Have told them that just the way it is and not changing ever a friend had not collected for 15 year out of the blue got some boxes got two iconis and a instant win in two boxes and a few packs trouble is keep buying boxes all where crap so in the end the luck run out and spend a lot more now even if he sells just cover costs

Zero for me in launceston Tassie was told they got some couple weeks ago soldout in seconds never been any online at my postcode the horse has bolted now making it 3 now when it was as many as you liked at the start if this is going to be a thing going forward it’s going to be a crap show every year all because of a pink card that can be flip for easy money or starters sold for 50 plus because of the pink card
If there are people buying those packs to merely flip the pink Essential, they are bricked in the head. You can pick up a Cripps pink for $15-$20 and he is the current Brownlow medallist. I mean, is anyone stupid enough to really go down that road? I don't think so.

Can anyone tell me why there are 2 different foils, one with a pink tinge to it and the other grey,
the pink one would be like a subset of the foils to my way of thinking or just a printing error ??

Can anyone tell me why there are 2 different foils, one with a pink tinge to it and the other grey,
the pink one would be like a subset of the foils to my way of thinking or just a printing error ??

Are you talking about the colour spots or the Essential cards?

The pink one really stands out against grey one, it's hard to show the difference scanning as the grey shows background colour whereas the pink shows virtually the same as viewing without scanning if you can understand what I am saying.
IMG_E0220.JPG

Last edited:
I've had a bit of luck locating product to bust however that's as far as the luck goes, the hits have been underwhelming :lol:

Summary from breaks and in person openings..
I've managed to hit:
  • West Coast Premiership Predictor ❌
  • Sydney Rising Star Predictor ❌
  • Adelaide Coleman Predictor ❌
*Did manage an Instant Win from starter packs with Cherry so I can't complain as my lucks all but used for this series.

First box I managed to locate was at Woolworths at the service counter at front of store. The box wasn't on display like previous years, it was locked away but not sure if that's just because we've got a massive theft problem in the NT and people may have been reaching over and stealing them.

Next lot of packs and starters I lucked out at Kmart when collecting my 3x Starter packs from a click and collect order and I managed to find 7x more starters on the shelf along with about 3-4 boxes opened with loose packs. I took a risk and grabbed a few packs from each box hoping to up my hit rate but it had the opposite effect and I didn't hit anything :lol:

Just need pies to win flag daicos Oliver Brownlow and the chezzel and Ashcroft to get injured for the saints rising stars has a chance not asking much LOL

The pink one really stands out against grey one, it's hard to show the difference scanning as the grey shows background colour whereas the pink shows virtually the same as viewing without scanning if you can understand what I am saying.
IMG_E0220.JPG
The colour spots on those are all based on the team's colours.

Anyone seen the Teamcoach Scanlens ?They must have the licence now very cool I think the retro version (the tougher version to get) has a write up of the player . While the common has a quiz on back from what I can gather.

Last edited:
Anyone seen the Teamcoach Scanlens ?They must have the licence now very cool I think the retro version (the tougher version to get) has a write up of the player . While I the common has a quiz on back from what I can gather.
Yep best looking card I have seen in a while hopefully it’s a taste of things to come would love to see a proper Scanlens release

Yep best looking card I have seen in a while hopefully it’s a taste of things to come would love to see a proper Scanlens release
If Teamcoach have acquired the license, they will more than likely continue to put them into Teamcoach sets.
Furthermore, I don't think Teamcoach have any intentions of making sub-sets or any new sets, as they have followed the same formula for years and just changed the look of the cards/inserts. This year though, I think they have knocked it out of the park!

Back
Top Bottom