2016 NBA Draft and off season thread

anyone have info on whether simmons has an exclusive with UD???

seen panini posted pics of picks 2 through 10, no simmons.
plus he has signed some UD stuff..

image.png

Well I ended up watching it live lol :D
My draft analysis...

Taurean Prince will be a SUPERSTAR. I've seen him play before, and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for a starting spot soon.

DeAndre Bembry looks like a Josh Smith-style player, and considering how valuable Josh was to ATL, I think he'll be a future star, but he'll need some D-League time first to make up for his lack of elite college time.

The Bulls got a steal in Denzel Valentine. Denzel was my fave prospect in the draft, and sorry @nike1 and to every other Bulls fan out there, but I'm PCing this guy to go with my Hawks RC PCs ;)

The Kings suck. The Kings suck. The Kings suck.

Denver could have a realistic chance at the playoffs next year. Their draft was one of the best this year.

Orlando have just made themselves worse. A LOT WORSE.
I mean, a 11th pick who is a sure thing, a guy who I think could be the next Curry and a decent backup center for Serge Ibaka... Ouch.

Buddy Hield & AD will be exciting for the Pelicans next year, and I want to see how the talented Bender/Chriss/Booker/Len Suns core go.

The Grizzlies landed themselves some nice steals. Wade Baldwin & Deyonta Davis at 17th and 31st is a very good draft.

That Greek guy the Kings took looks alright, he only went about 40 picks higher than expected.

The Celtics made themselves worse. Jaylen Brown & two Euros... Why?

And last but not least, Jakob will be an awesome fit for the Raptors. I wonder where BUSTmack BUSTombo will end up now...

Sooooo.......

Boston made a meal of their abundance of picks, although it will take a long time to know that for sure

Wolves apparently turned down Dunn and Lavine for butler?????

OKC did VERY well. Ilyasova almost covers Ibakas offensive game these days, Oladipo means they can afford to lose Waiters and Sabonis is Sa-Bonus!

Kings??? Wtf??? Trade out 8 to get a Greek C at 13 with Cousins on the roster?? What for? Bogdanovic??

But like all drafts, only time will tell!

Well I ended up watching it live lol :D
My draft analysis...

Taurean Prince will be a SUPERSTAR. I've seen him play before, and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for a starting spot soon.

DeAndre Bembry looks like a Josh Smith-style player, and considering how valuable Josh was to ATL, I think he'll be a future star, but he'll need some D-League time first to make up for his lack of elite college time.

The Bulls got a steal in Denzel Valentine. Denzel was my fave prospect in the draft, and sorry @nike1 and to every other Bulls fan out there, but I'm PCing this guy to go with my Hawks RC PCs ;)

The Kings suck. The Kings suck. The Kings suck.

Denver could have a realistic chance at the playoffs next year. Their draft was one of the best this year.

Orlando have just made themselves worse. A LOT WORSE.
I mean, a 11th pick who is a sure thing, a guy who I think could be the next Curry and a decent backup center for Serge Ibaka... Ouch.

Buddy Hield & AD will be exciting for the Pelicans next year, and I want to see how the talented Bender/Chriss/Booker/Len Suns core go.

The Grizzlies landed themselves some nice steals. Wade Baldwin & Deyonta Davis at 17th and 31st is a very good draft.

That Greek guy the Kings took looks alright, he only went about 40 picks higher than expected.

The Celtics made themselves worse. Jaylen Brown & two Euros... Why?

And last but not least, Jakob will be an awesome fit for the Raptors. I wonder where BUSTmack BUSTombo will end up now...

Bismack a bust? Did you not see him this year at all? He's in for a huge pay day.

The Kings failed. Epically. Worst team in draft night.

And who are you saying is the next curry? I'm lost.

Bismack a bust? Did you not see him this year at all? He's in for a huge pay day.

Next Curry = Oladipo (seems like Curry early in his career)

A big pay day with who, sorry? I did watch him this year, but I can't see him being a star center in the rest of his career.

The Kings always fail anyways... You have to feel for anyone who ends up in Philadelphia or Sacramento (or in Nik Stauskas' case, both in 2 years)

A big pay day with who, sorry? I did watch him this year, but I can't see him being a star center in the rest of his career.

The Kings always fail anyways... You have to feel for anyone who ends up in Philadelphia or Sacramento (or in Nik Stauskas' case, both in 2 years)

Biyombo gonna get huge $$. like Deandre Jordan. Rebound$

having said that i think we are in for few WHAAAATTTTTTT.????? contracts this year and even more next!

Oladipo's effective field goal percentage is 10% lower than that of curry's through the first 3 years of his career. He shot 34% from behind the arc v curry's 45% at the same stage of his career. Curry more assists and Oladipo more rebounds. Even their style of play i don't think is all that similar, offensively or defensively.

And as for Biyombo - i never said he was going to be a star, i did say he was good enough to get paid, which generally means not a bust.

You gotta love it when you try to move up in the draft (Spurs) to get a guy, fail, and then he falls to you anyway.

Looking forward to seeing Dejounte get better.

I'm intrigued by the Thon pick. I'll lean towards a bust for now (as in, never becomes a starter) but would love to see him succeed.

And I can't wait to see Simmons tear it up.

Wade to leave the Heat? no way that could happen surely!
He seems to want a kobe type deal on what he has done for the franchise and not what hes worth now

hes not worth what he thinks hes worth now... kobe shouldnt have been payed what he was. stupid by the lakers and but them a couple years down on where they could be now. Miami would be making the same mistake all be it Wade will put up better numbers than kobe did

Back
Top Bottom