2016 NBA Draft and off season thread

thePACisback

I Hoard Horford
Real Name
George (Call me Gee)
COMC User
No1CavsFan
Hey guys,
I'm about to do a mock lottery draft for the upcoming NBA Draft. I just thought that I'd post a thread where people could post their lottery drafts for the upcoming draft.
I will post mine soon, and update it monthly until 2 weeks before the draft, when I will try to update mine daily.

Anyone have any?
Post them in here!

Anyone have any mock drafts at the moment now that Selection Sunday happened in the NCAA?

Not sure of Ben Simmons at #1... Dragan Bender will be first, kid is a beast.

Brandon Ingram is now the favourite to go #1 and Ben Simmons at #2 - Bender is not so much of a sure thing (if there is in any NBA draft) have to take your chances with those 18yo, 230 pound, 7 footers!

Draft Express is the best website for all things draft related - excellent coverage and scouting reports.

upload_2016-4-15_20-26-26.png

Maker will be just outside of the lottery.

I see him as a good project player to develop, kind of like Giannis in his first year.

One day away, where the bounce of a ball can change a franchise...Sometimes it takes more than winning 1 Lottery (in Cleveland's Case :lol:)

Who has everyone got winning the lottery, making the top 3 and maybe a smokey?

Predicting: 1. Boston 2. Philly 3. Lakers

My smokey is going to be Sacramento :confused:

Last edited:
I actually think Philly won't get a top 3 pick.
If the NBA can rig the draft for the Knicks to get Ewing, for Shaq to end up in Orlando, for LeBron to stay in Ohio, for the Cavs to have their awesome luck, then surely they will rig it in the disfavour of a team who were tanking this year.

Anyways, I'm gonna go with the Lakers first to get Simmons, the Celtics second to get Dragan Bender & Brandon I gram to end up in Arizona. Philly will then pick 4th.

Highly improbable that the Sixers get the top pick. The #1 pick has never been awarded to the team from the same position in consecutive years (i.e., wolves from #1 last year with the worst record = sixers probably won't get #1 from having the worst record this year).

Not saying it won't happen, just that it's improbable. But then again these sorts of things are there to be broken.

One day away, where the bounce of a ball can change a franchise...Sometimes it takes more than winning 1 Lottery (in Cleveland's Case :lol:)

Who has everyone got winning the lottery, making the top 3 and maybe a smokey?

Predicting: 1. Boston 2. Philly 3. Lakers

My smokey is going to be Sacramento :confused:

Sacramento can't get pick #1. They traded away that ability to philly as part of the Stouskas trade. If Sacramento get a better pick than philly, the sixers have the right to swap picks.

I'd actually love to see some combination of Lakers / Celtics going 1 & 2 and planting the seeds to kick start that rivalry once again

Vol 1 - Havlicek & Russell / West & Baylor
Vol 2 - Larry / Magic
Vol 3 - Pierce & KG / Kobe & Pau
Vol 4 - Simmons v Ingram?

Sacramento can't get pick #1. They traded away that ability to philly as part of the Stouskas trade. If Sacramento get a better pick than philly, the sixers have the right to swap picks.
SAC's pick can also end up in Chicago if its 10th or lower.
Very unlikely, but anyways...

So no changes in order so far. Phoenix gets pick 13 from Washington, Toronto gets New York's pick at 9, SAC gets 8th, and so on, with Phoenix getting 4th as well.

Top 3 picks to be made by Sixers, Lakers & Celtics in no particular order.
So who goes where?

I got sick today and I expected something fun to happen in the lottery.
All I got was this crap lol

Can't wait for the draft, so I can choose a new PC for the year ahead...
Now onto Raptors - Cavs :)

Back
Top Bottom