2014 ESP Elite info discussion thread (Flyer P22 - Checklist P41)

They could sell Case 00 in an auction and cash up Men of League.

Or make a Men of League set to sell at games/clubs and profits go to Men of League.

And I attend footy games…why don't they sell ESP footy cards at footy grounds?

They could make an Alex McKinnon tribute card and all funds go to supporting him. Make them $5 each and print heaps of them and sell them in round 19 in his honour.

Wouldnt be hard to do.

I think the thing for NRL collectors is that its come to the time where some sort of game used cards make their way into releases. They would have to be limited #/50 or less.

Think about the marketing activation they could do showing the player handing ESP their jersey, followed by footage of the cards being made and then followed by a clip of the player signing the cards.

You could also have a QR code on the back of the card which when scanned takes you to the ESP website and shows a catalogue of the patches by serial number to ensure their authenticity. The code could also give you access to show the footage and story behind the card.

Anyway i could go on about this for hours......

The thing i feel more and more often is that while ESP listen (Terry is always open for feedback) and they do produce some nice cards, there is still a whole lot more they could with their licence. I get the feeling that Terry wants to do more but the people he answers to find it all a bit too hard and prefer to play it safe......

I am a simple commons man but I would buy in to this concept very very quickly!

Love it!!!

They could make an Alex McKinnon tribute card and all funds go to supporting him. Make them $5 each and print heaps of them and sell them in round 19 in his honour.

Wouldnt be hard to do.
Matt surely you can help make this happen, Imagine the coverage ESP would get of their products, Maybe an increase in sales of future products.
Geez you deserve to get a job in marketing with them, Good luck

@Matt26 Must be close to some sort of preliminary info for this set? Sneak peek anyone?

I emailed Terry last week seeing if he had any updated info and he said he will try and get back to me shortly.

I did also speak to him some months back (at ESP headquarters) and he outlined some of the cards that will be part of the release.

As I may have hinted at before, there could be an extremely limited card that I think quite a few people will go for (think its going to be a redemption). It's not a jersey card but its a step in the right direction.

It's not a master set redemption.

I think you will find that the auto cards will be similar to last year and instead of future stars these will be replaced by the young guns concept. He did mention that they are going to try and get all the players signing with the same pen this time and I think they may be using blue pens this time round.

Id also expect case cards to feature heavily and may have some high collectability as well.

As i said, im going to try and follow up with him soon to see if i can get any info to share. As we saw last year, players started showing off cards on places like twitter and instagram around the start of June and we should have a sell sheet mid June with checklists just prior to release.

Again, some of these things may have changed since we last spoke so who knows?

Cheers
Matt

Back
Top Bottom