2014 ESP Elite info discussion thread (Flyer P22 - Checklist P41)

Can I just point out that the chances of hitting one of the #1 redemption cards are 1 in 40 cases or so.
Everyone kicked and screamed when the #1 cards themselves were not included last year and all seemed happy when they communicated they will be included this year. They have included that this year and tried to add something extra here.

To get a jersey is a bonus.. Good on them for doing this & if 1 manager/3 players refused to sign then good on esp for trying to do it across the lot - I'm sure they wouldn't be happy about it themselves.
But to start bashing them over 3 jerseys not having sigs I think is a bit harsh.

Getting way too many notifications about this which really is just an added bonus.. We buy cases to collect cards - If you get a # 1 card and jersey redemption, then what a pull - you have got lucky and be happy with that ;)

Yep, great idea
Can I just point out that the chances of hitting one of the #1 redemption cards are 1 in 40 cases or so.
Everyone kicked and screamed when the #1 cards themselves were not included last year and all seemed happy when they communicated they will be included this year. They have included that this year and tried to add something extra here.

To get a jersey is a bonus.. Good on them for doing this & if 1 manager/3 players refused to sign then good on esp for trying to do it across the lot - I'm sure they wouldn't be happy about it themselves.
But to start bashing them over 3 jerseys not having sigs I think is a bit harsh.

Getting way too many notifications about this which really is just an added bonus.. We buy cases to collect cards - If you get a # 1 card and jersey redemption, then what a pull - you have got lucky and be happy with that ;)
Not bashing them over 3 jerseys not being signed, just thought that as a professional memorabilia company that you would know what was going on beforehand re players signing or not.

It seems to me they have just come up with the idea of getting the jersey signed at the drop of a hat when the player signed the cards.

I personally think the idea was great but more planning should have been done.

I also think ESP are trying a little bit too hard by trying to please all collectors and need to scale it down a bit.

And if memory serves me correctly, everyone jumped up and down about the #1's last year because ESP said they would be included and then held them back.

Yes, the last thing we want is a trading card company trying too hard to please collectors. :blink:

Bloody hell, people have forgotten what it was like under Select! ESP should be getting applauded for this!
By that i meant that they, as you stated are a trading card company should maybe just stick to cards.

We have heard about redemptions for match used balls and a car and now jerseys.

And by scaling down i mean stop bringing out so many inserts ie: parallel sets.

Personally i don't really care if there is number 1's put in or not and i don't think you need to sweeten the pot by adding a bonus if you do pull one.

Anyone remember Dynamic ?

Both ESP and Select have had their shortcomings so far however ESP are continually making the effort to improve which is great to see. Some comments are good constructive criticism which is needed to improve the hobby but are just plain negative. If the product bothers people so much don't buy it

Just picked up my case. Case break tonight! Hopefully start busting when I am home about 5:00-5:30.

Also picked up a folder and busted the 2 packs....nothing of note in them. The Folder card looks nice.

20140725_122642.jpg

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:
Just picked up my case. Case break tonight! Hopefully start busting when I am home about 5:00-5:30.

Also picked up a folder and busted the 2 packs....nothing of note in them. The Folder card looks nice.

20140725_122642.jpg

Cheers

Matt

Good luck buddy, cant wait for mine next week :whistle: tick tock

Bummer
I'd say it's no chance whatsoever for today for a Brisbane delivery.
it shouldn't take any longer for a courier from Melbourne to Sydney than Melbourne to Brisbane . I get stock for my business overnight from both Sydney and Melbourne so I'm still crossing my fingers

Back
Top Bottom