04-05 exquisites???? patch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cath15

ALL NBA CARDS FOR SALE
Real Name
cath
hey all
ive just sold my raf exquisite on ebay and ive gotten a message from the seller who is an ozcard member about the fact that the patch on it isnt really a patch i mean i havent touched the card to change it ...., but ive noticed that other exquisites are similar to this.... and now the person wants a refund cause it wasnt described correctly.. im not bitching at the person but i described it correctly which was 04-05 exquisite auto/patch... that was it.. .i dunno i told them they could have the refund cause its just not work the hassle ....... i dunno:rolleyes:

wat do you all think?
im in no way having a shot at the buyer but....

if you discribed it as what it was,ie,it says patch on the card,you have done the right thing..and everyone on ozcards knows you wouldnt tamper with cards in anyway

best of luck cath

cheers

are they complaining that it was a just a one colour patch like this

02d3_1.JPG

in the person defence i always thought the patch looked funny when i got it was kinda....shiny..
RafexquisiteRCpatchauto.jpg

this is it , i mean has anyone seen anyother like this??

Did the auction have a picture? if not, then they would still need to contact you if they wanted to see it beforehand, the card is called a Rookie Patch card and thus you advertising it as a Rookie Patch card is justified. Who would go around altering Exquisite cards...to put in a "one colour" patch in any event....on a Raf card??? At worst, you both mutually agree to cancel the sale and you can relist (you get your fees back). Or you can sell to the second highest bidder, I suppose.

That is a patch.

His jersey has a patch made of a rubberised material, like an iron on.

Sometimes UD also just put a single layer of the patch material, so it is very thin and just looks like plain material but it is a patch.

You can always go back to the buyer and say UD calls it an Autographed Patch Rookie. And so you are calling it as they called it.

Did you post a pic up when you sold it? if so then he has even less to ask for a refund cos he saw the pic.

Basically It is a patch.

i had a picture of it in the auction i wouldnt expect people to bid if they couldnt see the card......

If he want's his money back, make sure you get your card back B4 you refund.

I think he is trying to rip U off.

Also, look at my MJ patch on my sig. It is a patch card, but there is no extra patch of material. It is a rubberised patch that is painted on.

thanks guys i have agreed to refund him some of the money and he will send the card back to me.......... it just SH&*S me off thats all..... oh well , any comments are welcome and once again IM NOT IN ANYWAY HAVING A SHOT AT THE MEMBER, it just annoys me .....

and i dont think he's trying to rip me off , it just wasnt what he expected but as i said before there was a picture so he could see the card before he bid........ oh well wats done is done

well you should have a shot at them,if there a "MEMBER" here im pretty sure they know how ebay works,and to not look at the picture provided by you cath is not your problem,personally if that was me,a sale is a sale,unless it wasnt discribe as what it was...

goodluck

that patch card looks fine to me, if it was me that sold the card and i know that the card is as descriped i wouldn't be giving them any part of a refund.

Just my 2c

i would put up the link to the auction but then that would reveal who is the person is and i wouldnt like to do that to them......
in any case it has been resolved so, thanks for all the comments

Well, the buyer is me...

I think you guys judged so early and so quick without listening to both sides and logical explanations.. I am not trying to rip cath15 at all.. I am just saying, the patch doesn't look right to me.. I want to return to the card.. I won the card at $18, and i only asked for $15.. the difference for her time, eBay commissions and listing fees... that message was sent before i saw this thread.

Simple, the reason is, I didn't want to make it public, but if you are in my shoes.. you would probably said I am right... I could definitely cop her negative feedback (
eBayISAPI.dll
) , because i can say the card is not as described..I bought the card, i paid the money, and i left the feedback first.. and still you guys think i am trying to rip me off even cath15 doesn't think so...

let's take a look at the listing...

it said
eBayISAPI.dll

it is actually 225 and i am aware in the first place the numbering is wrong...
i can say that it's not what it is described and eBay can cancel and give me a favour if there's any negative feedbacks in the future... even if eBay doesn't understand about basketball cards.. the numbering is visible and already wrong product.. therefore, i am entitled for full refund..

Initially, I also thought it's just one colour fabrics.. so, i bid the card.. and i know raptors have blue colour jersey.. i don't mind whether it's one colour or two colour or 3, but once it's no longer what it says it is, I don't really want it.. you can see in the photo..

Cath15, i just wrote to u, i wanted to return... I didn't even ask i want full refund or anything (same message i wrote i will write you positive feedback which i already did).. all i am saying is, if it's not auto/patch, i don't want to keep it.. I do not really care about money.. it's just $18.. I can't have a single dinner for that.. and i also wrote politely i am sorry if i cause you extra troubles.. I didn't come here and bring the issue down.. because I know if i started it, people will just say it badly and I don't want you to look bad.. but now, i think it's time to me to say a few things... Actually, i am not even mad what you did here.. but utterly disappointed what people said... I believe we have complete understanding.. and your card is already packed...

So, u guys compare the cards below and make some comments..
if you see about 2-3mm gap between cardboards where a fabric is supposed to be... and when you touch it when there's no fabrics. do you want to keep the card??? especially when it comes to Exquisite rookie auto patch..

first, u can compare and contrast with raptors fabrics.... i can't really compare just by looking at 150x120 pixels on eBay.. but if you check it clearly, it's just a plastic paste to glue cardboard and garment..

cath7.jpg

now you can compare with exquisite or any sort of patches, and one colour fabric that are blue colour..

cath6.jpg

Still can't say it's one colour game used right?? scan doesn't do the difference ... but if you see clearly the difference between a piece of thread and

So, i took the photo..

this one is just to make sure i didn't use other cards to take phot.. u can always compare with the player signature..

cath1.jpg

Now you can clearly see the gap left about 2-3mm where the fabric is supposed to stick...
well, with this lighting, you can see the two types of blue colour, the inside one is a bit pale and the whole patch place is a bit sticky, when you remove your sticker or handyplast, it's just the same thing that's left on you... because a bit draker blue was once sticky and a fabric was there.. and inside, very light blue colour where no glue was contacted..

cath2.jpg

the other side...

cath3.jpg

with more light.. now you can clearly see it's not a fabric.. and there's a big space between cardboards...

cath4.jpg

So, Am i trying to rip Cath15? or is it UD's lack of quality control that fabric is missing....???? I know there isn't a return policy Cath15 is providing, but i am just simply asking for a partial refund because I feel that when something is not what it's supposed to be, would you like to keep it???

cath5.jpg

Or.. anyone who believes this is a rubber/1 colour patch.. send me $18, and i am happy to send the package to you... :) you decide...!!!! (sorry for the big scans, actually i have 4000x3000 pixel scans if u wanna see more details) feel free to message me to ask..!!!

oh dear i knew this would happen hence me keeping your id confidential, like i said in the previous post i wasnt having a shot at you and just asking peoples opinion, so for my 2c worth i dont think i have done anything wrong, simply asked the opinions of the people on this forum, and i did agree to give you a refund with little to no objection , as soon as i recieve you bank details i will transfer the money, and as for listing it wrong that was a simply typo , i apologise i should have listed that it was out of 225 instead........ this wasnt meant to be a big deal , just me asking some people what they thought , how different is this from what other people have done when they have had a similar situation regarding ebay
and as for you posting feedback first, thank you , but i also post your card even before you cash cleared because i knew you were a member of ozcards, that was my show of good faith,
how about this ends here, ?? this thread was simply to ask the opinions of people regarding the situation and i also chose not to mention the id of the person involved......
anway this is finished

Cath,

of course, i do not have any problem with you.. you have been nice and i knew you sent me the cards before cash shows up in your account.. I am just disappointed with what other people said.. This is not your fault and I didn't mean it was.. I didn't even tell you about /225 or /250 issue, but i was saying, I can cheat you with this alone or legitimately ask for a refund opening a dispute on eBay who considers "item not described" as an issue.. I have a good faith in you because you did..

This card I consider regarding patch maybe wrong or right.. But I just wanted the opportunity not to keep it, if you can refund.that sounds great. orelse, there's no big deal.. I didn't even send you back my bank details.. coz my bank detail is in the package.. meaning, if you receive the card back, u can give my money back.. or even if you don't receive, you will lose nothing on your end...

I just don't get opinions of others, even though u stated, you don't want to have a shot at me.. this is just an annoying matter.. still people just want to say whatever they want without listening to both parties..that hurts me alot, especially for $18 worth card, i thought this community is really nice and something where i like to hang out.. that's the only thing i am disappointed at....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom