Who were your favourite players when growing up?

alonzo mourning will always be my first and biggest favourite player. i also loved reggie miller and mitch richmond. i had player collections (common cards back in the day) of heaps of players though that i liked, like john stockton, shawn kemp, hakeem olajuwon, david robinson etc

shawn kemp, dominique wilkins, magic johnson, mj, shaq, steve smith, mashburn, kenny anderson, hakeem, spree + penny for me. all pretty much still are my favourite lol..

MJ, Pippen and the Bulls :) Had a rivalry going on with MJ Vs. Shaq cause my sis liked Shaq :lol:

Then late 90s I started liking Z (Zydrunas Ilgauskas) and had a soft spot for Eric Snow, before settling on Korver :)

Easy, Larry Johnson - used to get this chick to tape games for me and send them to me - one by pure chance was him scoring 39 vs the Knicks in 94-95 - will never forget one one handed alleyoop jam from Muggsy - best dunk I've seen and it NEVER shows up on any highlight reel...

Also liked Kemp, and Zo until he COWARDLY ABANDONED THE HORNETS - Never forgive him for that and I'm glad LJ slugged the crap outa him when he was a knick...

Also loved the bad boys of Detroit before that, Isiah, Rodman, Vinnie 'the Microwave' Johnson, Mahorn etc.....

Well it seems Penny was a big one for everyone and I'm still a big fan even though he doesn't play anymore. Others would be Grant Hill, MJ, and Antawn Jamison.

For me it was Mashburn, Sprewell, Kemp, Mutombo, a bit of J-kidd, Manute Bol and Muggsy Bogues (how could you NOT have a soft spot for these 2??? ), Nique and Clyde. Of course MJ was good to watch, but I kind of looked at it as he was TOO good, so couldn't really get behind him too much... Always enjoyed watching Knicks vs Pacers, too. Great rivalry! Couldn't get enough of Reggie and Spike Lee jawing at eachother! :thumbsup:

Easy, Larry Johnson - used to get this chick to tape games for me and send them to me - one by pure chance was him scoring 39 vs the Knicks in 94-95 - will never forget one one handed alleyoop jam from Muggsy - best dunk I've seen and it NEVER shows up on any highlight reel...

Also liked Kemp, and Zo until he COWARDLY ABANDONED THE HORNETS - Never forgive him for that and I'm glad LJ slugged the crap outa him when he was a knick...

Also loved the bad boys of Detroit before that, Isiah, Rodman, Vinnie 'the Microwave' Johnson, Mahorn etc.....

Al.

I fully understand your mind if you had(or have) liked Hornets deadly.
(Actually I migrated Hornets to Heat (because of trade) in middle of 90's)

But Don't forget ZO saved Hornets like this. :D

[hide]
ZO was just rookie in this game.
[youtube]KsMbw57bmb0[/youtube]
[/hide]

Didn't get to see any NBA growing up so had to base it on Cards and just picked players lol

Mitch Richmond, Alonzo Mourning & Dennis Rodman were my picks

Would have to say Jordan. Loved to see Magic and Kareem too.

---------- Post added 23-01-2010 at 10:25 PM ----------

Al.

I fully understand your mind if you had(or have) liked Hornets deadly.
(Actually I migrated Hornets to Heat (because of trade) in middle of 90's)

But Don't forget ZO saved Hornets like this. :D

[hide]
ZO was just rookie in this game.
[youtube]KsMbw57bmb0[/youtube]
[/hide]

Great vid. Do you remember those loger 3 point lines back then? And I think that's what you get for relying on Dee Brown to slam in an Alley-oop in the last second - you lose. It may be the last second, be he was definitely not the second-coming! :LOL:

Ersk

Back
Top Bottom