Where do you bat, what do you bowl? etc

I corrected my post, got the details mixed up.

According to some of my mates who were at the game, he was batting and completed a run but collapsed at the end of the pitch. He suffered a cardiac arrest and was rushed to Royal Perth Hospital. He was in an induced coma and the doctors believed he had suffered major brain damage and was unlikely to come out the coma. He remained on life support until this morning when his parents decided to switch his life support off.. Condolences to Stephen's family :(

He was a promising young cricketer, he opened for Perth Cricket Club 2nd Grade and also was a wicketkeeper. R.I.P Stephen Rigg.

Teen cricketer's life support to be turned off today

Well the last game for club cricket was today and i cleaned up ahaha..

Won the Batting, Bowling and Fielding awards plus 4 100 partnership awards... and i'm a candidate for Club Player of the Year ahahaha :)

i boll mediem slow but bowl it really straight i only just started playing club cricket

i am a rubbish batter we dont have orders but if we did i probaly would be 9 or 10
highest score 2*

average 1.00

in my first game i got a diamond duck

Bowl slow nude balls, and bat terribly. As such I have just got into umpiring.

Never could play the game, but always have wanted to be a part of it. Old enough and confident enough now to take on umpiring.

Bowl: Right hand Medium Fast
Bat: Right Hand 7th position
Fielding: Mid on

I am medium fast bowler and can also bat with right hand side then i field at mid on position . Thanks

Fashion

Well it is a Good question? I actually retired from playing on the weekend! We made it through to the grand final against a team that had won the previous 3 flags! The Comp is run by the MCC and plays on all the best private school pitches! Alas after having them 5 for 61 chasing 172 they just got across the line. Most of my career i batted in the top order and was a wicket keeper. The last 30 years has finally taken its toll and i usually have trouble walking until the middle of the week if i have had a good game! Will i miss it? no not really i played a lot and now i will be able to go to more 1st class cricket! My Highlight? probably being elected Club Captain of United Services Portsmouth in Hampshire UK and scoring my first 100 in an Army Vs Navy representative Match. It is ironic that my last match was only the second GF i played in!
Oh well i will be able to coach my Nephew and soon my new born son (due in july).

Great to hear everyone has had a good season!

DonMambo.

Thought i'd dig this up again and see how everyone's been going this year.

We've had a really **** year in general as a club. We lost 6 of our best 1's players and have been struggling alot. I've managed to cement myself a spot in the 2's as the first change bowler and #11 (Which i'm not very happy about I hope to be at 7). Best bowling this year is 4/12 and high score of 25. Trying to get a birth in the 1's but doubt I will.

I've changed my role is juniors. Now i'm the ship steadier at 7 and I guess i'm there if we lose wickets. jacko is my captain (on here) and i think he'll agree we've had a preety bad start to the year. Although we are playing 17 A's and we are all 15 apart from two.

Hi guys,

I have been consistent throughout.
Alas I have always been a professional supporter.
Unfortunately I was not in the line when they dished out co-ordination and talent in the sporting arena.
Since a teenager in the 70's I have always gone to the boxing day test and stayed for the whole match,
had to travel by train to Melbourne 160 km and stay with my grandparents.
Nowadays I only get to one day of the match due to work.
I envy you guys with sporting ability.

Regards Russell

I've had a pretty good couple of games. Only playing every other week due to family commitments. Best bowling of 7-32 this season and a best of 23* with the bat.

We bowled a team out for 24 in the last game then batted and declared on 1-81 then sent them back in and bowled them put for 47. So we outrighted them by 10 runs and got 10 points instead of 6 and now we're 4th on the ladder and 2 points off 2nd and 5 points off 1st.

Out opening bowler who also plays for Geelong and is a year younger than me (yes he's ****ing good) took 4/8 off 6 overs including a hattrick.

I only bowled 2 overs and took 1/2.

I have unretired this year at the age of 38 to play 20/20 for my local club. I've opened the bowling each week and have 10-79 off 15 overs through 4 games.... I'll take it. Nothing like a slow slower ball to get wickets!

Only had 1 bat and made a brilliant 12 before charging and getting stumped!

Looking at my stats at the christmas break. Very happy with the ball 17 wickets with an average of 11.7 and an economy rate of 2.6 but only averaging 8.7 with the bat!!!!!!! I have been hopeless this year.

Do all You guys Play Like District? anyone play Grade Cricket?

Cause i Play Club cricket and i am Pretty bad Compared to You guys:lol:

We got washed out today, we were 1-98, I opened and got a solid 2 before I was caught at cover. Top of the table clash so spewin it rained.

I used to play grade cricket at bankstown many years ago. I played mostly 4th grade but got a few games in thirds when there was a injury. I have opened the batting my whole life since juniors. Can bowl a few left arm finger spinners but I'm not any good lol.

We lost today by 25 Runs In a T20, We were missing 3 Of our really good players which meant we were underman with only 9 Players! but they were nice enough to use 9 players when we Batted. They Made 153/5 and we got bowled out for 128 with 11 balls left. I didn't bowl well but Mange to Get my Highest Score which turned out to be my 1st Fifty!:)

We have Won 1 from 6 Games this year, but have Won 1 from the last 9 Games we have played. We lost probably our best Players at the start of the season great all-rounder. But just founded he played his 1st game with his new team today which turns out to be the defending champions and our rival team! (Same Club team but one is named west and other North which Us!)

Haha good luck to all the cricketers tomorrow, we have our T20 double header Saturday to start the season ( 2 T20's in the one day) should be fun, although the weather doesn't look too good

Back
Top Bottom