Where do you bat, what do you bowl? etc

Farmer2Goggin2Wade

R.I.P Captain Beefheart!
Real Name
Liam
Interested to see where everyone bats/bowls. :)

Bat: First Drop (3rd)
Bowl: Right Arm Off-spin.
Field (if you have a designated position): Mid-off. (I'm the designated towel boy. :lol:)

Bowl: Right Arm Leg Spin..
Bat: I'm a bowling all-rounder so anywhere between 5-8
Fielding: Under the helmet (at districts), slips and occasional towel boy:p

How are you guys going this season?

Bowl: Right Arm Leg Spin..
Bat: I'm a bowling all-rounder so anywhere between 5-8
Fielding: Under the helmet (at districts), slips and occasional towel boy:p

How are you guys going this season?

I move into silly sometimes. Always a fun position. :p

Pretty average. We're 8th we've beaten the team that's second, pretty comfortably also. We had 9 players fielding and we hand them 8 fa at the break. :D

haha it's fun when you have a mouth like mine:p Gotta love sledging in close, especially at districts but you have to know who the batsman is, because certain ones like the pull shot when someone is giving them the s***s!!! We're doing terribly in districts and started well in club but have dropped off, i'm doing pretty well though:)

Love the pitches in Melbourne, we went their earlier in the month to play a School Cricket Carnival and played at Mentone Grammar's No 1 Pitch with the electronic scoreboard. We got rolled for 94 and had them 7/10 at the lunch break:) After that it started pouring down and the match was washed out, so we left, and got a call an hour later while we were eating at maccas that the pitch was fine to play on and it was hot again.. Gotta hate Melbourne weather...;)

haha it's fun when you have a mouth like mine:p Gotta love sledging in close, especially at districts but you have to know who the batsman is, because certain ones like the pull shot when someone is giving them the s***s!!! We're doing terribly in districts and started well in club but have dropped off, i'm doing pretty well though:)

I give them cr@p all the time, our whole team gives them cr@p. Even if we're getting walloped kid plays and misses, we're all over him. :lol:

Love the pitches in Melbourne, we went their earlier in the month to play a School Cricket Carnival and played at Mentone Grammar's No 1 Pitch with the electronic scoreboard. We got rolled for 94 and had them 7/10 at the lunch break:) After that it started pouring down and the match was washed out, so we left, and got a call an hour later while we were eating at maccas that the pitch was fine to play on and it was hot again.. Gotta hate Melbourne weather...;)

I've never played on Melbournes turfs as I live over an our from the CBD. But who needs turf when the ovals you play on are literally next to beach. :woot:

Gotta hate Melbourne weather...;)

Tell me about it. :lol:

when we were across there the weather report was like terrential rain and humid, the next morning it was 35 degrees and sunny, then 2 hours later it starts pouring down:lol: Over here if they say it's gonna be 30 degrees and sunny it's gonna be 35 degrees and sunny:) Geez get with it Melbourne!! :lol:

I bat as an opener normally for juniors but we've been mixing it up as of late so I havent been batting as much as I would like and i'm our opening bowler. I'm a bowler by prefession right arm fast and I bat like Adam Gilchrist lol a left hander with no control and just go for the tonk.

I normally field in close or at the slips but I can field outfield to as I have a huge arm in from the deep ( Only problem is I can't see the ball in the outfield) I'm like half blind.

For seniors depends were i'm playing if it's in the matting grade I open the bowling every week and bat 8,9,10 and If I play turf (which I do most weeks) I bowl like 3rd change and bat 10 which i'm cool with.

when we were across there the weather report was like terrential rain and humid, the next morning it was 35 degrees and sunny, then 2 hours later it starts pouring down:lol: Over here if they say it's gonna be 30 degrees and sunny it's gonna be 35 degrees and sunny:) Geez get with it Melbourne!! :lol:

At least you don't have to out up with it everyday. :lol:

---------- Post added 25-12-2010 at 11:29 PM ----------

I bat like Adam Gilchrist lol a left hander with no control and just go for the tonk.

Exact opposite of me. :p I take so long to get set. I like to play ball round get my eye in and if I come in early block out the openers.

Exact opposite of me. :p I take so long to get set. I like to play ball round get my eye in and if I come in early block out the openers.

I've played 1 controlled innings in my whole life

Semi final last year I was at 6 we were 4/15 I went in batted for like 35 overs made 50* retired and we ended up making like 180 all of our good batters got out cheap. Not bad considering I couldn't see the ball lol. ( Didn't have glasses last year)

I've played 1 controlled innings in my whole life

Semi final last year I was at 6 we were 4/15 I went in batted for like 35 overs made 50* retired and we ended up making like 180 all of our good batters got out cheap. Not bad considering I couldn't see the ball lol. ( Didn't have glasses last year)

I've played a few slap a dap innings. My highest doing so is only 17* though. :p

Yeah i'm the same as you mate, don't go out attacking but at the same time not afraid to play hard shots when the ball is there, love late cutting the fast bowlers for 4 to get off the mark.. usually followed by a bouncer:lol:

My favourite slap last year was when i hit 24 off the last over (we had already won) 4,Dot, 4, 4 (No Ball), 2, 4, 6 :)
My favourite part was when i was walking back in and everyone couldn't believe it because i'm the technical one in the team:p Ended up with 70 odd that day:)

Bat: Right hander Number 6-9... Preferably 6.......but for some reason the captain puts me into open a third of the time in fifty over cricket because i can just stay in and nibble at the scoreboard
Bowl: Right arm Medium Fast... 5th Quick in the team
Fielding: Gully, point or even cover but often offer to go fine leg because no one wants to field there and I am one of the best diving fielders in the team

cheers

I am a right arm leg spinner and at 6'4 I get a fair bit of bounce, always had people telling me I was too tall and should bowl quick. I bat around 7, but have opened the odd game. I usually field at mid on or gully.

Thought i'd dig this up.

What's everyone's best scores and bowling figures?

My best score is 50* done it 4 times

and best bowling is 5/9 (In rep) but that wasn't my favourite haul... I took 5/22 in the grand final last year and that meant alot more. + I top scored with 19 we bowled them out for 67 and won on the 1st day ( It was a 2day game)

my best batting is 91* retired
best bowling 7/23

91 was a solid knock, wasn't happy when i was retired but still happy with it overall.
Wasn't my favourite bowling performance because we weren't playing a overally good team (in saying that they had a few good bats) but my favourite was my 5 wicket performance against the top team in reps this season..

Opening or first change fast bowler in juniors, batted 9 through to 11.

Best bowling stats are 3 for 1 (two wicket maidens in back to back overs - not the most wickets I;ve taken but definitely the most memorable) and highest batting score is 7* lol I;ve also just missed out on a hat-trick before which would have been a nice little momento albeit cleaning up the tail... :)

long weekends of cricket recently..

Anyone heard about the poor kid from Perth CC who died after suffering a cardiac arrest while playing a T20? I used to play against him, feel for his family :(

Back
Top Bottom