When are we going to see more autos of.....

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
NBA coaches in auto subsets?? :mad:

Surely with the amount of ex players etc coaching in the league there is more than enough interest from fans of them as well as from team collectors. Over the years there haven't been many coaches autos at all.

AND

why haven't we had a ref's auto subset?????

I'd rather an auto of Ed F Rush, Ron Garretson, Jess Kersey etc over a Jay Z or Jenny Mcarthy auto anyday.

Would of thought the NBL sets might have had an Eddie Crouch or Billy Mildenhall auto considering their contribution to the game here in OZ.

Couldnt agree more!

I'd love to see an Avery Auto as coach. If they've got all these freakin celebrity autos, and team owner autos, why not coaches!

LOL @ Refs autos. That's a classic call!

Have a game-used whistle card auto...... ha ha ha

Pat Riley has autos in sweet shot, legends and the fleer coaches auto set.

Cheerleaders...not in Boston ;-) Not with Red around at least. But seriously the Refs are a big part of the game. We have had a GM auto set too in the last year or so.

Coaches yes, but refs no thanks - that's ridiculous.

chadjaja® said:
I'd rather an auto of Ed F Rush, Ron Garretson, Jess Kersey etc over a Jay Z or Jenny Mcarthy auto anyday.

:shock: value aside right :lol:

Why dont we have game-used fan sweaters and autographs from the random drunks outside the stadium..
Then we could get like a guaranteed auto per pack because they could charge 5c an auto.

Why dont we have game-used fan sweaters and autographs from the random drunks outside the stadium..
Then we could get like a guaranteed auto per pack because they could charge 5c an auto.

It's that sort of thinking that led to Topps Chrome including NBDL rookies!

LOL exactly. Some of the refs I mentioned have been going for 20 years in the league and have stamped their own mark on the game.

I could't give a shit if a Jay Z auto is worth more. It shouldn't even be in a basketball product to begin with and I'd never buy a box with those autos or crap 'gu' (whatever that is) in it anyway.

Like said before at least put in Jack, Spike, Donny Whalberg or even Diane Keating in a basketball product if you are going to do that. But the hobby for topps etc now is more about profits than giving us a decent product.

Then again how do you explain the NBDL cards??? Its not a bottom line decision as they don't have to sign players up to produce commons. Thats a strange one that.

Forget value for a minute and I just think it makes more sense than the crap they come out with sometimes.

I agree thos Jay Z and celebrity game used jeans etc were a joke if you ask me. As for those Chrome RCs I think it was a way to have more RCs in the product so people get the perception they're getting better value for money. But who wants a RC of a guy who if he makes it to the big league is going to be a 5 minute bench player at best!

I think Spike has been in an auto set before? Correct me if I'm wrong....

LOL JJ you wanker. Turn a serious discussion into a laugh. I'm very serious.

As a player I know that refs are a more integral part of the game more than other ideas the companies have thrown at us over the past 5 years. You develop quite a relationship with a ref and I'm sure a few players would agree they go un appreciated even if thats the stance the league would want.

Refs? Certainly something different, however, it wouldn't stand up for younger collector's, only the well learned guys (like Chad, aren't you glad I didn't put you into the old guys category, hehe) or the "very well learned (old)" guys (Stevo:lol: sorry Steve) would appreciate them. The younger generation wouldn't like them which means less appeal for a particular set to a majority of the market.

I think they should have them though! Coaches, assistant coaches maybe, renowned club figureheads, Referees, famous commentators!!! (who's that old Celts commentator with the scratchy voice Chad?)

Cmon... oooo ya nasty little turd brad...lolololo
Bit of a joke in my opinion,,but im sure there people out there thatll take em....yanks will collect anything!!

Ahh sacrilege!

Thats Johnny Most. He has a few cheque sigs floating around but no cards. Chick Hearn had a cut 1/1 sig a few years ago and it sold for over $1,000 US.

And no Red Auerbach auto's???

Even a Stern or Larry O'brien??

Yeah sorry Steve, I thought old and well, Uncle Stevo came to mind, LMAO! You're not old Steve, just well learned. Seriously though, a Johnny Most would go for thousands! if they were limited. I think it's a good way to go.

Back
Top Bottom